absorber/spring

silverwave

Known Member
Nov 25, 2005
My car is nine years old proton satria. I have not changed the absorber nor the spring. lately, when i go over humps, there is some funny sound, i suspect it is the spring. even when one person sits at the back, the exhaust will sure hit the bump.

overall, i think both is giving way. would really appreciate if u guys could recommend some models and the price of it. thanks.

silverwave

Known Member
Nov 25, 2005
may i know the price?

any good particular models which provide comfort?

seison

Jul 26, 2006
Erm...the spring wont spoil one izzit? only the absorber will get spoil if use long jor??
correct me if wrong...=)

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
yeap.... spring wont spoil easily ler...
if u are happy with ur suspension current performance, change back what u are using now lor...

if u wanna try something different, mayb can look for monroe or koni shocks.... both of them are not bad in terms of comfort...

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
Well, I killed my kimex springs. It then killed my abs. What happened was that my ride height in front slowly got lower. Then it got so low that I figured that it wouldn't go any lower. Well, it didn't go any lower. But... it was so low that the abs was also doing the job to hold the car up. Thus, the abs died. And it was a Koni abs. Perhaps spring quality that is not that good will slowly become low, which will then kill the abs. For things like this, I'd say don't save that money and get a good set of abs and springs. It'll be worth the long run.

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
satria_95 said:
Well, I killed my kimex springs. It then killed my abs. What happened was that my ride height in front slowly got lower. Then it got so low that I figured that it wouldn't go any lower. Well, it didn't go any lower. But... it was so low that the abs was also doing the job to hold the car up. Thus, the abs died. And it was a Koni abs. Perhaps spring quality that is not that good will slowly become low, which will then kill the abs. For things like this, I'd say don't save that money and get a good set of abs and springs. It'll be worth the long run.
how long it takes for u to kill the springs??..
i'm currently using kimex springs... takut la if it starts to sag....

silverwave

Known Member
Nov 25, 2005
SkYwAlKeR said:
yeap.... spring wont spoil easily ler...
if u are happy with ur suspension current performance, change back what u are using now lor...

if u wanna try something different, mayb can look for monroe or koni shocks.... both of them are not bad in terms of comfort...
how much are these? monroe is the gas one is it?

simplythebest

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Selangor
satria_95 said:
Hard luck there dude, i think the springs are afraid of you. You are too 'Ganas'. :tongue:

silverwave: For better offer, i'd suggest you buy them from spare parts shop. Do survey first.

mokomoko

500 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
you should also check your suspension linkage bushings.
They could be worn out.
My satria is also 9 years old and it needs new bushings REAL soon.
Can hear all the squeeks and creaks

silverwave

Known Member
Nov 25, 2005
mokomoko said:
you should also check your suspension linkage bushings.
They could be worn out.
My satria is also 9 years old and it needs new bushings REAL soon.
Can hear all the squeeks and creaks

what is the suspension linkage bushing for?

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
ur suspension consist of many moving parts.... these moving parts are connected to each other.... thus, u need some sort of bushing to prevent it from squeeking when it brushes against each other.... it will also improve ride comfort...