Uneven fender gap after change absorber

monsh

Known Member
Mar 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hi all,

i just changed my absorber all 4 for my corolla ae101.
the weird part is that before i change the absorbers, front part got around 1.5 fingers gap
behind around 1 finger gap.

after i change absorber(just to clarify, its new), the front driver side 0.5 finger and passenger side remain 1.5 fingers.

the behind driver side 0.5 finger and passenger side become 1.5 finger.

i was told its possibly the spring, but i wonder, how come before change no problem now problem come.

and someone told me camber and alignment setting must be done again but i went to tire shop they said that setting alignment and camber will not correct the ride height.

I don't want to spend my money on something that will not solve the problem, because i highly doubt its the spring.

what are the possibilities that could cause this? Please help guys. Now my front driver side daun pisang already torn because the tire hit it when going through wavy road and cornering.

kazukimy

500 RPM
Jul 14, 2006
KL/Pahang
devil-home.blogspot.com
something wrong with ur absorber, and the installation mayb nt correct...need to take out and check it whether issit install properly
and alignment and camber wont do anything to the height of the car

monsh

Known Member
Mar 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
is it possible the spring is the problem? i oso suspect wrongfully installed.
i feel like taking out the whole absorber system and check back the code and make sure its the correct model and height and such. really pening kepala like hell edi.

i test my original absorber, 1 side no more dampening power, but still when it was installed, it wasn't unbalance.
that's y i highly doubt that the spring is the problem .

what can be the other factor other than the absorber?

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
Maybe you check against the absorber top mounting rubber if worn out too much would also affect height balance.
And, use measuring tape to measure your spring/absorber height for both side see whether there is any major difference.

Last edited:

monsh

Known Member
Mar 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
problem solved. it was wrongly installed.
opened and experiment, found out spring was cut, so didnt follow actual top base.
after a few calculation, bla bla bla, put everything back in, now both part 1.5 fingers gap :)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

To all members and car enthusiasm !!!

Be aware of this member, nick Ensky @ Steve Goh is doing Fraud buisness here in Zerotohundred. This is the story, he claims that his company provide service to customer from importing parts tru Yahoo Japan Auction.( http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...rt-sport-rims-from-japan.html?highlight=ensky ) I used his service and paid...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience