4g93t vs 4g92 MIVEC

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
problem is, IF the V8's owners oso throw money into the engine, diff story liao :D

For me, a car must comes in a package, power, status and glamor.
yeah lorrr, if modding vs modding, simple, the smartest + the richest will have the fastest car :)

but if comparing sr20 engines to vr4's :) do u agree the vr4 standard engine and block is more reliable and stronger , no oil pump needed to be changed, no lost of oil pressure when oil cooler installed, no water pump issue , :) true ? but comparing car to car, of cos a nissan or toyota original form car is much more worthit la , u cant compare proton rm8k car with rm30-40k nissan , proton wira's now cost about 8k only

raja_emeperor

500 RPM
Apr 29, 2006
i think u guys already run out of the topic la.
fr vs proton? fr win= 100%
fr vs convert car=50-50
fr mods vs convert car mods=50-50
when we talking 50-50, it is all depend on your skills.

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
yeah lorrr, if modding vs modding, simple, the smartest + the richest will have the fastest car :)

but if comparing sr20 engines to vr4's :) do u agree the vr4 standard engine and block is more reliable and stronger , no oil pump needed to be changed, no lost of oil pressure when oil cooler installed, no water pump issue , :) true ? but comparing car to car, of cos a nissan or toyota original form car is much more worthit la , u cant compare proton rm8k car with rm30-40k nissan , proton wira's now cost about 8k only
bro, to claim the block is strong we canot use the oil pump story to evaluate it cozs the oil pump may be very good and reliable so it doesn't fail. if the block can tahan take high boost then it is reliable.
my 2 cents.

vr4 or sr block, i not sure which one reliable but both are good block larr. each block also has their limit too. if want to find the most tahan block i think it would be rb26dett and 2jz.

if comparing chasis to chasis yes proton canot compare to japan chasis. even the proton chasis worth rm100k also canot compare to japan chasis.

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
to win a race there are a lot to take into consideration.

$$, skills, cheats.............
haha.....................

we just mod for fun only..........

Mar 21, 2008
I meant 50/50 in the sense of weight distribution of the car, not the odds of winning.....hehe

I use to drive proton and I hated proton, all of them, I talk base on driving experience when I move on to nissan n toyota.

We are here to post our thought, not to please some1 else so ppl smile at u, right anot ? Thats what forum is for, to learn, to improve, and to move on to the better things :D

No hard feelings

deacon

Senior master debater
May 5, 2005
KL
FR is hard to drive and hard to corner ? Not true. It depends on the driver. I have drove A31 and 180sx and 200sx. Even an auntie can corner with it.

Nobody ask u to simply step into any FR and floor it around the corner, ofcoz u loose grip by doing to a car u r not familar with.

Anyway, if u got a proton with 400bhp VR4, can u beat a 200sx 250bhp ? The problem is does the proton has the 50/50 STABILITY as the 200sx ?

Not to condem GSR/VR4 players here, but these 2 engine is too old to compete with honda or nissan nowadays.

Unless u throw 30k to mod the GSR/VR4, where hence a simple B16C-BOT or a SR20DET could take u by no means of effort.
200sx may have 50/50 distribution but its one of the most squirrelly rwd cars available in the market. Over zealous driving will definitely rear its head whether you think you can control it or not.

If i had a 400hp vr4 motor vs a 250hp 200sx? In sepang full course over one lap i'd find it really difficult for the 200sx/silvia to win. The balance might be there but if you're talking about all out speed i'd go with the bigger hp number.

Take this into consideration. You might be able to corner faster but on the straights you'd be eaten alive by the 400hp. I've ridden in a few 300WHP protons and i can guarantee you they won't be beaten so easily in the corners. Have you?

What the heck is a B16C? Are you talking about a B16A or a B18C? BOT on VTEC honda motors are very hard to tune, it's not as simple as "Hmm i will stick a high pressure turbine on my FRONT WHEEL DRIVE HONDA and suddenly i will have 400hp to destroy anyone on track". What makes you think a 400hp Honda is better around corners or handles better than a FWD proton with 400hp?

Man do you even know how much money it costs to get a 300 plus hp GSR motor? Even if you go out and buy the halfcut and install for 8k, a td05 and a new intercooler it won't even cost you more than 5k. For a grand total of 13k at the most.

I am not sure where you got that 30k number. You sound exactly like a rich guy who drives a sports car that goes around saying "Hey man, instead of spending double the value of your car to make it as fast as mine why not buy a fast car to begin with", to which my friend i will say, is a complete and utter lie.

In the end, yes a lot boils down to the driver, but in all honesty a well sorted FWD can be as much fun and quicker than a RWD.

PS - You said you drove a proton before, what proton did you drive? I personally owned a Satria GTI with a Mivec 1.8 and it was 1 of the best handling cars i have ever driven. In corners i can close gaps with cars that supposedly so much faster and better sorted in the handling department.

Last edited:

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
bro, to claim the block is strong we canot use the oil pump story to evaluate it cozs the oil pump may be very good and reliable so it doesn't fail. if the block can tahan take high boost then it is reliable.
my 2 cents.

vr4 or sr block, i not sure which one reliable but both are good block larr. each block also has their limit too. if want to find the most tahan block i think it would be rb26dett and 2jz.

if comparing chasis to chasis yes proton canot compare to japan chasis. even the proton chasis worth rm100k also canot compare to japan chasis.
rb26 cant be compared with 2jz , rb26 is very much weaker than the rb26 , ppl make 800hp on 2jz stock block , no way u can do that in the rb26

aiyak , oil pump is an assembly inside the engine la bro , to pump the oil right to the top of head and the rest of the engine , the sr20 , rb25 , rb26 is not a fit in run highboost terus engine block , the water pump , oil pump aftermarket are CRAZILY priced , a forumer here nicked khoyos , threw away is 3 months old rb25 and opted for a 2jz on his fairlady , even say with my eyes, JUN oil pump priced at rm3500!!!!!! , in order to highboost , u have to have good supply of oil inside the engine itself :) , the rb25 on khoyos car failed and broke the piston at only 1bar

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
rb26 cant be compared with 2jz , rb26 is very much weaker than the rb26 , ppl make 800hp on 2jz stock block , no way u can do that in the rb26

aiyak , oil pump is an assembly inside the engine la bro , to pump the oil right to the top of head and the rest of the engine , the sr20 , rb25 , rb26 is not a fit in run highboost terus engine block , the water pump , oil pump aftermarket are CRAZILY priced , a forumer here nicked khoyos , threw away is 3 months old rb25 and opted for a 2jz on his fairlady , even say with my eyes, JUN oil pump priced at rm3500!!!!!! , in order to highboost , u have to have good supply of oil inside the engine itself :) , the rb25 on khoyos car failed and broke the piston at only 1bar
rb25 oil pump so teruk ah.
2jz masuk fairlady this is a great news. never heard of this b4.
so is it all nissan turbo engine has a weak oil pump?

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
2jz twin turbo 3.0l vs rb25det single turbo 2.5l
that car going is super cool!!

the transplant already done to the fairlady?

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
i used 2 have gsr last 2yrs..using it 4 almost a yr...after that i changed 2 evo1rs..u know y..??? because my car kena tapau many times with vtec b18c(eg body)-my bro's car....strd gsr vs. light mod of b18c...my car kena almost 2 cars behind...now onwards,dun need to say laa...2nd gear my bro kena aredy..so think twice b4 u install any engine...
Last time, U should ask your brother eg b18c to rematch with u, but this time both cars with full passenger on board. Then exactly u knew that vtec has a big problem with that!. kekeke

Actually, Vtec only good on lighten chasis or less load platform. U will found vtec useless on heavy chasis or with extra load!

Last edited:

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
seriously, let put Evo or VR4 a side. I felt that Mitsubishi engine is just a normal performance engine ..even though 4G93T or Mivec.

Sorry to said that as I had been own V-tec and now driving Mivec. :biggrin:

DOHC_16valve

Known Member
Dec 14, 2005
erk.. GSR not powerful meh, even with b18a oso kene tapau..:hmmmm: so wht car u drive now??

currently im runnin on satria with evo1 rs inside..the halfcut didnt come with aircond n without digital aircond panel..so0 far no problem,jz maintain the oil n water..

DOHC_16valve

Known Member
Dec 14, 2005
Last time, U should ask your brother eg b18c to rematch with u, but this time both cars with full passenger on board. Then exactly u knew that vtec has a big problem with that!. kekeke

Actually, Vtec only good on lighten chasis or less load platform. U will found vtec useless on heavy chasis or with extra load!

hard 2 say laa bro..my bro' eg now 2liter with turbo kit aredy..hehehe..but stil his car kena tapau...hehehe..

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
got $$ to feed the engine then can tapau cars liao.

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Vtec is no match for any 4G63's...
cant really say that, if u were comparing the 1.6 vtec then i would agree

there are 2.4 stroked vtec's , there is the nsx 3.0 vtec , new and advanced k20a and such engines are really powerfull

Shinjite

500 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
Klang
4G63s will be finding it hard to fend off a 3L/3.2L VTEC in the NSX

Not to mention a modded VTEC motor