4G93T Club

u mean the fuel pump doest supply enough fuel when full acceleration?

i doubt that a bit, but ill give it a check anyway.

any other suggestion from all the gsr gurus??

eventhough u didnt modified,u never knew what can happen,thats why boost meter is the 1st things people suggest to put.higher boost is possible.
but im going with lord..maybe the fuel pump,fuel filter n fuel line.

Hello all sifus GSR, just a quick [COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=verdana,geneva,lucida,&quot][COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=verdana,geneva,lucida,&quot]quest[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR], just changed to 2.5" piping for my GSR and before i'm using ori 1.6 s-flow piping. Now, whenever i boost then press clutch rpm drop fast till ard 500rpm then only back to normal idle 800rpm sometimes engine might even stall.....worse when air cond is on. Before when im stil on s-flow no such probs, where can the prob be? Need help, million thx! :)

eventhough u didnt modified,u never knew what can happen,thats why boost meter is the 1st things people suggest to put.higher boost is possible.
but im going with lord..maybe the fuel pump,fuel filter n fuel line.

allright thanx for the suggestion. will try the have it check over the weekend.

yea i need to find a boost meter. anyone got spare for cheap sell? lol

andydemarco,

i suspect something to do with your air flow sensor (MAF). Try exchange it with a working unit and see if the problem remains. the socket and wires to the MAF is the most likely culprit. it won't be fuel pump, because you said you've got the check engine light on for a while during the hesitation. when fuel pump failes, no check engine light will come, problem with fuel system is when your engine hesitation is felt throughout the load and not just during WOT. another most likely cause of hesitation during WOT momentarily is leaking intercooler pipe or hoses.

ganfh,
the problem you are facing could be something else and not related to your exhaust piping. unless you have a leak from your exhaust manifold before the turbo. or just a dirty throttle body or your blow off valve. power loss is felt if the above 2 are not in good condition. i've seen GSR 4G93 uses 3" piping without such stalling problems.

I think some posts in March are missing...

edit : This post explains the missing data due to corrupted DB

Last edited:
To All Sifus,

Need your guys expertise about 'Metal head gasket' wat size is suitable for GSR engine ? only upgrade VR4 intercooler, no engine modification. Boost 1.0bar . My car is doing Top Overhaul+Skimming+Serive Valve and i wondering wat size should i use for my current condition ? izit ORI gasket size 0.8mm ? My frenz told me use 1.0mm or 1.2mm. 1.5mm is too high unless need to go for high boost ? Your reply is much appreciated

Last edited:
my question is y ppl often use blow off valve..instead of normaol blow inm valve.....coz if use blow in it has more pick up when changin gears....any1 here using blow in valve....?

To All Sifus,

Need your guys expertise about 'Metal head gasket' wat size is suitable for GSR engine ? only upgrade VR4 intercooler, no engine modification. Boost 1.0bar . My car is doing Top Overhaul+Skimming+Serive Valve and i wondering wat size should i use for my current condition ? izit ORI gasket size 0.8mm ? My frenz told me use 1.0mm or 1.2mm. 1.5mm is too high unless need to go for high boost ? Your reply is much appreciated

1.5mm is just nice for gsr and 1 bar boosting...well,u said unless go for high boost...how high is your desire 'high boost'?
0 boost,no turbo
0.6 standard boost
0.8-1.2 common boost
1.2-1.5 high boost
1.5 above extreamly high boost..

sorry guys fot disturb...

-IM LOOKING FOR WHO INTRESTED SWAP MY 4G93T MANUAL GEARBOX WITH 9" 3PUCK
RACING CLUTHPLATE+COVER WITH AUTO GEARBOX COMPLETE+TOPUP ME RM500.
-MUST COMPLETE AUTO WITH GEARBOX WIRING+GEAR EVERYTHINGS WITH AUTO PLUS MINE
U WILL GET COMPLETE AS WELL COMES WITH RACING 3PUCK CLUCTHPLATE.THE CLUTCHPLATE
COST LAST TIME IS ABOUT 1K++
-SWAP AT MY PLACE MALACCA.COST TO INSTALL YOURS IS YOURS AND MINE IS MINE.
DONT WORRY MY FOREMEN CHARGE IS VERY MINIMAL PRICE.CHEAPER GUARANTEED.
-Q&A PLEASE EMAIL/CALL ME AT : 012-9794494 OR [email protected]
---ANY ENQUIRY PLZ EMAIL OR CALL ONLY.DON'T SMS PLZZZ!!!---

Hi guys...

For starters let me explain abit about my engine....
I'm running a 4G93T Year 95" CD5W Libero model engine in my Proton...

The problem is that one of my injectors in not having any current going through it... to be exact its the 1st injector (next to the timing belt). The other 3 injectors is working normally as it should be. So now my car is running with only 3 cylinder.

At first I've suspect the injector it self is giving problem so i bought a new injectors and replace with the same type (390cc). Unfortunately it didn't solve the problem. So I've had my ECU check and rebuilt. The builder replace all the caps and check the ECU for any burn components. He also check the component that control the injector and it was fine.

I also check if there any current going through the socket that connect to the injector using a test pen. The positive side has current and the negative side doesn't. I've try bypassing a wire and connect it to the negative side this making both negative and positive having current going through it. When i do that the injector start spraying fuel inside the cylinder like it should be.

I don't think thats right. Is both side suppose to have current going through it...

Any help is much appreciate... I'm starting to have headache :?

Thx in advance...

what u are experiencing is bad grounding connection for your 1st injector. check your sockets and wires for bad/poor connections.

Thx for the reply

what u are experiencing is bad grounding connection for your 1st injector. check your sockets and wires for bad/poor connections.

Bro...
You've stated that the problem could be a bad grounding at the 1st injector.
Any suggestion what i can do and what to look for.

Could i just tap the negative wire and connect it to the car body... Just an idea.. really trying to learn this stuff step by step:hmmmm:

Thx for the reply

Bro...
You've stated that the problem could be a bad grounding at the 1st injector.
Any suggestion what i can do and what to look for.

Could i just tap the negative wire and connect it to the car body... Just an idea.. really trying to learn this stuff step by step:hmmmm:

best if you could visit a vehicle wireman to get it fixed for you since you roughly know what is the problem. while at that, better if you could replace all injector wires at the same time.

best if you could visit a vehicle wireman to get it fixed for you since you roughly know what is the problem. while at that, better if you could replace all injector wires at the same time.

thx for the advise ftzone... is the any particular place that i can have that done .. with a good workmanship... ? any places that you or any one in the GSR community could suggest to me?

cheers...

Seeking help from sifus here...

Here is my current setup...

4g93T, IC piping, Mivec Head, Ar-70, Standard Block, Campulley, Walbro, Aluminum Radiator...

My current problem now is that...everytime in the afternoon around 1-3pm..
My tempreature keeps on going up...Ive done lots of things to actually solve my problem and it seems to be not working...

Ive change my metal gasket, Skim the Head, Change and service Radiator, Change to bigger fans, fan i put direct, take out d thermostat....but everytime in d afternoon, the tempreature keeps on going up...if i drive slow or fast, boosting or dint boost, the tempreature is always up....But at night, how fast i drive, how high i boost, how far i go, d tempreature seems to be fine....and everytime d tempreature goes up, d water in my spare tank keeps, boiling...

anybody know how to solve my problem ? Anybody...

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom