Jan 21, 2006
how long should do the cleaning?

which should do cleaning also.

but dam alot of people said is normal around 280km to 320km

JeN1707

Known Member
Feb 12, 2009
dear sifus....
i got a small question here which i'm abit puzzled here..
what's the difference between Port n Polish, and Top OverHaul ??
Its the same thing izzit ??

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
top overhaul is just a regular maintenance procedure, replacing wear/tear items

port/polish is the process of improving the flow through the engine head, via porting/polishing the intake/exhaust parts of the engine head

eh guan post edi hehe listen to him, diy master

chris_ch3w

Known Member
Feb 15, 2006
if free, u can open up urself the head and do ur self port n polish...the tools can be bought from homeDIY or any hardware shop, the tools cost around rm3-400...now u save ur rm900-rm400(cost of tools)=rm500 + countless and timeless effort :rofl:

afmarsyal

Known Member
Nov 20, 2008
I did mine at 20 intake, 15 exhaust, cold engine. Moderate FC, not too noisy, not too powerfull either. Camshaft is not standard lah..
thanx sifoo, i knew something is wrong with my current setup..should be smaller at the exhaust..did my 20 intake 20 exhaust during engine mildly hot..will look into it..another problem is my engine quite slow revving..my tb is 4g92p, injector 210cc..however spark plug is mint condition..no trace of too rich, or too lean after i plat with my tps and ditributor..why is it my engine feel a bit 'sebu'? do i have to advance the distributor a bit..i like how my throttle response now..my car feel light to accelerate..only on hard and sudden acceleration, this 'sebu' and slow revving symptom occurs..thank you in advance

joev8796

Known Member
Oct 23, 2008
guan... just realised tat spare part shops sellin SE spring... i asked him y din tel me tat whn i told him da 1.6 spring is 4 my 4G15... wanna die liao

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
if free, u can open up urself the head and do ur self port n polish...the tools can be bought from homeDIY or any hardware shop, the tools cost around rm3-400...now u save ur rm900-rm400(cost of tools)=rm500 + countless and timeless effort :rofl:
wah fren PnP is not something to diy

u cud mess up the head and have to buy a new one

or the car wont reap the benefits of a proper PnP head

langsuyrx

Known Member
Jan 9, 2009
Kay L
facebook.com
dear all sifoo... my 4g15 oredi producing white smoke lar.. sometime little smoke, sometime like a fogging machine... what type of valve seal i should get (a very quality and tahan one)..tq

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
for ur case u need to change the piston rings liao... oil seals alone not enough...

---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

guan... just realised tat spare part shops sellin SE spring... i asked him y din tel me tat whn i told him da 1.6 spring is 4 my 4G15... wanna die liao
hahaha... so now how?? when u have budget then only buy lo...

afmarsyal

Known Member
Nov 20, 2008
dear all sifoo... my 4g15 oredi producing white smoke lar.. sometime little smoke, sometime like a fogging machine... what type of valve seal i should get (a very quality and tahan one)..tq
i change mine at eon service..cost me rm180..but under the tree pomen would recommend original mitsubishi valve seal..cost around rm200 installation excluded..but i think at least go for proton..i did engine overhaul once, change the valve seal to bad quality ones..i think around rm80 a set and end up regretting it..only two month using then bocor oredi..and due to the act of stupidity i made, i end up ignoring it for two years, continue to top up the engine oil every 2000km - 3000km until recently when i had to top the engine oil every 1500km..only then i decided enough is enough..no la, only recently got money to change the valve seal.. :P

p/s : i advance the distributor a bit and reduced my problem..anybody got better solution for my problem?

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

all sifus here,
i wish to mod my wira aerobac se 1.5 GL to better performance. i have been told tat 4G93 is suit n' izit anything else tat i should mod b4 i locate da engine?

bsides tat, i'll be very glad if all car enthusiasts here can giv me guideline on how to mod my car.
thanks. . . .
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience