4G13 Sputtering problem ...

Wilson13B

Known Member
Dec 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Got a cheap Iswara with 4G13 carby for daily beater & fun , from the day I got it , it has this sputtering problem appears around 4.5K rpms ...

Been replaced the distributor/coil unit & high performance spark plug cable with New ngk spark plug ...

At 1st the problem goes away immediately , the whole performance of the car transform , willingly to rev to 8K rpm at 1st & 2nd gear ...

But after I've driven it hard , when stopped the water temp gauge raise to one bar below red zone & it quickly falls back to normal when I'm on the move again ...

Now the sputtering problem comes back exactly the same point at 4.5K rpm if I floor the pedal , if I kept around half to 80% it will revs smoothly even over 6 grand rpm but if I suddenly floor it , the sputtering cames back ...

It just like a rev limiter , the rev just stays at thr & won't raise ...

What should I need to check ?

Any advice will be really appreciated

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yXVN10eq9BE" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="600"></iframe>

Yup, it's been too long car boys (the real men) like us have tolerated with regular TV channels! Are you sick of repeats after repeats of the same old programs and not to mention, excessive censorship? Yes, we get 720p digital broadcast through the dish, but what's the point of watching FrankenFish in HD or worse, standard definition Trick My Truck SERIES(!) when they...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience