Polo 1.2 TSI worth modding?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
As for the Lambo guy, he has so much to loose so why would he want to risk it just to layan some pesky cars? He may want to enjoy a good drive for himself but most likely not go ballistic to risk his precious Lambo right?
yes if that's the situation I agree. But his Lambo was making a point to not let the "pesky cars" pass and drove aggressively.. So I'd say it wasn't just a "good drive".

Ranjanmax

Known Member
Dec 8, 2017
That is an unfair comparison already. Was actually thinking some stock Myvi. With turbocharging, the power levels can rise more than 2 times the original output depending on how much you can spend on the engine. Just tell your friend that it doesn't matter if the Myvi tapau him because this is not a fair comparison in the first place anyway. If the Myvi fella is bragging, can tell him back, if you swapped a turbo engine into your car, your friend can also swap in a Golf GTI engine into his Polo and then we'll see what the result is.

Anyway, just don't bother about the Myvi with turbo. Even if your friend modified his Polo to defeat this Myvi turbo, the Myvi turbo can also do the same and further increase his power to defeat your friend again. Never ending match until somebody gives up.
true true, i told my friend not to worry much since he has a nearly stock car and the myvi isn't. But he wants to mod his car besides the fact that he kena tapao.. You know the typical want more power kind of guy :pepsi:

Ranjanmax

Known Member
Dec 8, 2017
You know what they say... when a man’s gotta go he gotta go.

Remapping a Polo or a Golf costs the same, since it takes the same effort and same amount of R&D.

If I were in a Lamborghini, I would drive in the middle lane or left lane damn slow even a Kancil can keep up, so they can see my smug face driving it. The only time I’m gonna drive fast and furious is when I need to poop.

Cause if I had the money to buy a Lamborghini, it means I’m not stupid. If I’m not stupid, I know if I want to race I’ll just buy a track car or race my Lamborghini in Sepang.
Ixeo all about the poop

Ranjanmax

Known Member
Dec 8, 2017
Dude... I've sat in the god-car Myvi 1.5 manual up Ulu Yam roads and I've personally experienced how fast a "slow car" can be under the management of a fast driver. It's not the car - it's the driver. Then there was the time a certain Pikachu out paced a Lambo up the same roads.

I've given up on ego/pride. As long as the car in front of me isn't being a dumbass I don't care what's in front of me or what overtakes me. I only take offense to those driving slower than me hogging roads.

@Ranjanmax if I'm not mistaken the re-map done by a shop will cost about 2800 give or take. Freelancers can do it cheaper maybe 2k and below.

On a separate note I know a guy who has the VW ECU software and he enabled a lot of switched-off features on his Jetta using the software as he bought the lowest spec model. All they do is disable the features on the lower end model most of the time which is cool since he upgraded to the top spec free.
can recommend me the software the person you know used? or maybe just get me connected to him?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
can recommend me the software the person you know used? or maybe just get me connected to him?
if i'm not mistaken it's autoimage performance in sunway. But I don't know for sure. Your frends best bet is to go to club pages and get their recommendation there.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
yes if that's the situation I agree. But his Lambo was making a point to not let the "pesky cars" pass and drove aggressively.. So I'd say it wasn't just a "good drive".
Well then no excuse, the guy might be smart enough to be filthy rich but clearly still not smart enough on the road.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
true true, i told my friend not to worry much since he has a nearly stock car and the myvi isn't. But he wants to mod his car besides the fact that he kena tapao.. You know the typical want more power kind of guy :pepsi:
At the end of the day, I think there isn't much for your friend to further squeeze out from a twin charged 1.2 litre engine. The displacement of the engine is already not big and the engine is not really a performance engine to begin with. The twincharging already pushed the 1.2 litre engine to produce quite a respectable amount of power. To make it give out even more power, either you can make the engine to produce a bit little extra power or expect to spend a large amount of money to push out higher power figures. Maybe you should advice your friend like this way.

Reactions: Ranjanmax

marv3

Known Member
Jun 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Personally, I think if mod because you enjoy modding, then go ahead. But if the sole purpose to mod is to win a myvi, i think the idea is all wrong. If really want to win other cars, I think the debate wont finish because there will be other faster better car. Even Ferarri can be modded.

Is it just becoz its a myvi that won a German car? If a Ferrari or Lambo tahpao the Polo, then how? LOL......

I also get smoked left right and center by myvi's, 1.4Tsi, Vios, Vellfire, Mazda2 and etc........But i still enjoy my modded ride....Heheheheh.....

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Personally, I think if mod because you enjoy modding, then go ahead. But if the sole purpose to mod is to win a myvi, i think the idea is all wrong. If really want to win other cars, I think the debate wont finish because there will be other faster better car. Even Ferarri can be modded.

Is it just becoz its a myvi that won a German car? If a Ferrari or Lambo tahpao the Polo, then how? LOL......

I also get smoked left right and center by myvi's, 1.4Tsi, Vios, Vellfire, Mazda2 and etc........But i still enjoy my modded ride....Heheheheh.....
why myvi always the target ahh ? hahaha
for me i like follow myvi from behind.
if i drive my son in wira, kancil also i let go. Family first.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
My car got twice the power of a Myvi. I see Myvi speeding behind me and approaching fast, I give way. Cause the fella must be in a hurry to go take a shit.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
why myvi always the target ahh ? hahaha
for me i like follow myvi from behind.
if i drive my son in wira, kancil also i let go. Family first.
Myvi plenty on the road mah! Simply throw a stone sure to hit one.....hahhahhahahah

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia

leinnz

Known Member
Sep 28, 2005
suddenly topic kena hijacked by myvi

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
suddenly topic kena hijacked by myvi
Normal. Green car parking for hybrid and PHEV also hijacked by green Apple Myvi.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello

I have a proton gti 2003 with a evo3 engine turbo
But were as now the engine has expired
I wanna modify it again
With a new high power engine and gear
I don't wanna drive fast
I just wanna fly slow ;)

Help me make an extra powerful ride :)

Waiting for u guys
M.k
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience