Tesco Engine Oil Sales is on

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
OMG...it seems i have to go to SC and leave the car there then...i raised the concern about this issue before but the SC claim because of the weather and FS character...i just got back the car from SC and now have to leave it again...alamak...
I mean some engines are just already designed like that, not that it's necessarily having issue because that's normal for such engines. Some engines even known to consume a bit more oil, like certain VW/Audi or BMW engines. Other engines can consume way less oil, for example my Toyota Mark X. So that's why I asked you how much oil consumed within certain km? If like 1ltr every 2k km then that's abnormally high, but if only like 1ltr after 5-7k km then still seems normal. I think for your case maybe still normal for your engine so that's why the SC tops up FOC.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yup, heard some Conti cars, loosing some oil is quite common.....lol

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
speaking of fully synthetic...i found out that my EO "missing" after few k kilos...is this normal?

cars is mk7 golf 1.4 TSi bluemotion
Read your owner's manual. It is normal. And it's mentioned in the book. So long as it's within specification. Losing 1 quart of engine oil in 500km is NOT within specification for sure.

BFX73

Known Member
Oct 25, 2006
after a month monitoring...and after i did extreme experiment to the car itself...i felt regret to buy this vw golf...so sad but its true...after asking u guys...the engine really "eat" engine oil and from the last service till today the EO warning lights popped up!

herm....

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
after a month monitoring...and after i did extreme experiment to the car itself...i felt regret to buy this vw golf...so sad but its true...after asking u guys...the engine really "eat" engine oil and from the last service till today the EO warning lights popped up!

herm....
You need to keep some spare oil to top up.......:driver:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

herm....
What extreme experiment?
Yeah for now VW is not synonymous with reliability, it's more like the opposite. :biggrin:
My colleague who bought the GTI also often comes to me asking and telling all kinds of issues with his car and has spent thousands to fix things just within about a year, way more than the amount I had spent on my Toyota Mark X in almost 5 yrs now!

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
What extreme experiment?
Yeah for now VW is not synonymous with reliability, it's more like the opposite. :biggrin:
My colleague who bought the GTI also often comes to me asking and telling all kinds of issues with his car and has spent thousands to fix things just within about a year, way more than the amount I had spent on my Toyota Mark X in almost 5 yrs now!
The 1.4TSi engine have issues, unless buy 6 speed 2.0 or R.....:driver:

BFX73

Known Member
Oct 25, 2006
What extreme experiment?
use the car without checking the EO level...just to see the warning light pop up or not...so after about 3000km the warning light appear and refer to SC and the answer is normal and they ask me to monitor the EO...so i ask them out of good will 2 litre EO so i dun have to waste my time to come + que + get it done...

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
use the car without checking the EO level...just to see the warning light pop up or not...so after about 3000km the warning light appear and refer to SC and the answer is normal and they ask me to monitor the EO...so i ask them out of good will 2 litre EO so i dun have to waste my time to come + que + get it done...
Only 3000 km warning light pops out? That's bad, I would not consider that normal. I consider that either spoiled engine that needs OH or sorry to say, defective engine design.

BFX73

Known Member
Oct 25, 2006
Only 3000 km warning light pops out? That's bad, I would not consider that normal. I consider that either spoiled engine that needs OH or sorry to say, defective engine design.
yups...the interval is 10k km...and i drove it daily this month to monitor the issue...previously i always juggle between wife myvi and rode a bike to work...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi To All,
Would like to take a chances to ask some opionion and comments from u all,currenlt i would like to to change my Boost and Wasgate Gadgets,then i got fren recommend me to try used TurboSmart,then i googled its on,and found out that's there is a dealer namely Turbo Onebased is B.Caves area..
Is is this Products and Company worth to Used and Visit??If not,please advised as i am not really familiar with its..Currently, ia m...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience