Buying advice for Evo and Impreza

Calvin Leong

Calvin Leong

Dec 21, 2016
Hi guys^^ I need some help on deciding which car to buy

#1- Pros and cons between owning a Evo 3 and Impreza WRX STI S204 in JB area. Need information on running cost of the cars.
#2- Reasons for asking, I'm considering buy a car for me as a rookie to spend time on track for practicing my skills and a weekend fun car. Currently I'm considering 2 quite nice deals on Facebook, between a Mitsubishi Evo 3 got around 350hp, have worries about the reliability because the age of the car and a Impreza WRX STI S204 ver got carbon fiber front engine bonnet, carbon fiber front fenders, carbon fiber rear bonnet and carbon spoiler, light tune on engine but I worry about the owner previously might track the car a lot. This upcoming car I don't want just fully focusing on track only but do have some comfort to bring me go like shopping malls or attend car meets on weekends and I'm considering to keep the car for at least the next 3 years.

I hope I can get a lot of advice to think of.
Will appreciate and grateful for your comments.����

Attachments

Last edited:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
What is the price for each of them? I believe in terms of performance WRX STI S204 will perform better than Evo 3. For maintenance costs, then I think Evo 3 is cheaper.

If both cars are within your budget, I suggest you to get the S204 as it is a limited edition exclusive car that comes with a lot of specially made parts for this particular model like the carbon seats for example.

Anyway, you are very fortunate to have the opportunity to choose between these two cars. Both cars are some of my favorite cars of all time.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines

#1- Pros and cons between owning a Evo 3 and Impreza WRX STI S204 in JB area. Need information on running cost of the cars.
#2- Reasons for asking, I'm considering buy a car for me as a rookie to spend time on track for practicing my skills and a weekend fun car. Currently I'm considering 2 quite nice deals on Facebook, between a Mitsubishi Evo 3 got around 350hp, have worries about the reliability because the age of the car and a Impreza WRX STI S204 ver got carbon fiber front engine bonnet, carbon fiber front fenders, carbon fiber rear bonnet and carbon spoiler, light tune on engine but I worry about the owner previously might track the car a lot. This upcoming car I don't want just fully focusing on track only but do have some comfort to bring me go like shopping malls or attend car meets on weekends and I'm considering to keep the car for at least the next 3 years.

the yellow s204 is very well maintained car.... seldom used also because owner got so many other toys to play with... :driver:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
not only buying it, u gotta think how to keep it safe, those kinda cars are top on the list for car thieves.
Especially for Evo 3. But I thought STI are not high on theft list?

the yellow s204 is very well maintained car.... seldom used also because owner got so many other toys to play with... :driver:
You know the owner?

6UE5t

6,000 RPM

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

That's quite a big difference in price, aren't they? So quite strange comparison that you're asking here. If S204 then you should at least compare it to an Evo 8, not 3. Further more if I'm not mistaken that Evo 3 is actually a converted Lancer CB, so not true CE9A.

Now if you really want to practice racing on track, a simpler and lighter car should be more suitable coz it's more basic mechanical and cheaper to maintain and repair. Therefore something like that Evo 3 I think would be more suitable or maybe even a Satria GTI or a Civic EG/EK hatch instead of the more expensive and sophisticated S204. Sophisticated cars like the S204 or Evo 4-10 have electronic differential trickery that help drivers hence they can mask how good/bad you are. A simpler car on the other hand is more honest to show your true skill in handling the car and therefore can improve your driving skill more. Further more if you crash or blow up that S204, it will be more costly to repair. :biggrin:

Btw have you ever driven such fast powerful cars before though?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Especially for Evo 3. But I thought STI are not high on theft list?

You know the owner?

the S204 CF bucket seat definately a strong thieves magnet.... :banghead:

Calvin Leong

Calvin Leong

Dec 21, 2016
What is the price for each of them? I believe in terms of performance WRX STI S204 will perform better than Evo 3. For maintenance costs, then I think Evo 3 is cheaper.

If both cars are within your budget, I suggest you to get the S204 as it is a limited edition exclusive car that comes with a lot of specially made parts for this particular model like the carbon seats for example.

Anyway, you are very fortunate to have the opportunity to choose between these two cars. Both cars are some of my favorite cars of all time.
The Evo is asking for around 30-40k something
The Impreza is asking for 113k

Calvin Leong

Calvin Leong

Dec 21, 2016
Test drive both car already?
This is not a virgin stock car, so...test accordingly.
Both of the cars are not in JB area so besides pictures and list of things they've modified I don't have anymore information.
Ok I'll do that thank you for the advice

Calvin Leong

Calvin Leong

Dec 21, 2016
That's quite a big difference in price, aren't they? So quite strange comparison that you're asking here. If S204 then you should at least compare it to an Evo 8, not 3. Further more if I'm not mistaken that Evo 3 is actually a converted Lancer CB, so not true CE9A.

Now if you really want to practice racing on track, a simpler and lighter car should be more suitable coz it's more basic mechanical and cheaper to maintain and repair. Therefore something like that Evo 3 I think would be more suitable or maybe even a Satria GTI or a Civic EG/EK hatch instead of the more expensive and sophisticated S204. Sophisticated cars like the S204 or Evo 4-10 have electronic differential trickery that help drivers hence they can mask how good/bad you are. A simpler car on the other hand is more honest to show your true skill in handling the car and therefore can improve your driving skill more. Further more if you crash or blow up that S204, it will be more costly to repair. :biggrin:

Btw have you ever driven such fast powerful cars before though?
The reason why I put these 2 on comparison is
#1 They both appear under my radar at the same time.
#2 Like what you said I do hope I can have a Evo 8 or 9 to compare as well but I'm not really good at this and I often surf on mudah.my and I have a bad luck on encounter nice Evo 8 or 9 I used to encounter few of them but the cars in either Sabah or Sarawak. Do you have any recommend social media platform that I can try my luck with?

Wow if you didn't mentioned I won't recognise it's a convert Evo 3 thank you

At first I actually considered buy a EK hatchback body then half cut a B18C from DC2 integra type r but now the price is so expensive, I don't have any workshop that I can trust with the skills and not get scam by buying the parts and I do heard they famous as theft magnet so that's why I lose my confidence on this idea.

I've driven several times with one of my friend's Evo X in Sepang before but the car is just light tune on exhaust, ECU, suspension, brake pads and the car is around 350-380hp.

ixeo

4,000 RPM

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
S204. Because its a S204. Overall its a better passenger car. And its more modern.

Which one is the better track weapon.. depends how much money you want to spend, but the Evo platform is cheap(er) than the Impreza platform.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

It’s indeed a case of beauty and a beast as the official figures for the modern take on the classic Lancia Stratos emerges and puts the century sprint time at a very supercar like 3.3-seconds.

As beautiful as it may be, just like its predecessor, it would have been a pity if the new Stratos didn’t have the go to match its show. Fortunately...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience