can rx8 convert ngv ?

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
of coz can...but later will say...where all the power go...

ColdPlay

Known Member
Jun 16, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
This question kill the intention of buying a performance car. If you can afford the likes of RX-8 or Type-R, FC should not be an issue.
Else, take public transport or buy a Viva 850 manual and use the RX-8 for weekend ride...lol.
No doubt, Sequential NGV installation can be done but whether the rotary engine can take it in the long run is another story.
After all, those rotary need rebuilding before reaching 50k km mileage or so.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
hahahaha..:thefinger:

dear sir, my fellali quite a fast car...can i put speed limiter in it?
my lamborghini very noisy... can turn off half the cylinders so its quieter?

:thefinger:

egb18c

500 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
kuantan
hey hey hey.dont mock him.
he got voucher for free NGV for life.thats why he wants to convert to NGV
:biggrin:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
My Hummer H2 sits a bit high..can i cut the spring 2 coils?

bring it on!
My Lotus too low lah, can install hydraulic suspension so it bounce high?

up the game!

p3jal

1,000 RPM
Jan 20, 2007
Selangor
quite wasted if u convert to ngv bro.

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
Why people always say rx8 high FC? I can confirm that full throttle a 4G92 also will drink about the same volume. But when compare to Myvi or Kelisa, no doubt it is high on fc.

Convert to NGV is pointless as the queue always damn long most of the time (day time). I recommend you to do an engine swap. 1st thing to do is to remove all things from the engine bay and sell it. Then get the money to buy a KE70 halfcut and transplant the engine into rx8. After than, sell off the 18" wheels and get a set of 16" with 205 tires. You will then not only reduce the FC but also will have some money to compensate your fuel expenses for quite some times. If you think time is the problem, there will be an easy way to achieve your target. RX8 6MT has 6 injectors and 4/6AT have 4 injectors. The volume of the injectors are equally divide to front and rear rotor use. Unplug the rear set of fuel injectors cable connectors (3 injectors for 6MT and 2 for 4/6AT), remove the rear rotor spark plugs (leading and trailing) but let the coil remain connected (to prevent CEL), use silicon to plug the spark plug cable and make sure no water can enter. This is for make sure no compression at the rear rotor else it will drag the front rotor power. In this way, you will save the fuel by approx 40%, with the expense of 55-65% of HP loss. Exhaust note will be reduced by approx 50%, to approx 76dB. 0-400m drag estimated can be achieved at 31.7 seconds. This data was taken from a rx8 that with rear rotor apex seal blown but still able to drive with only the front rotor working.

Hope this will help you. Don't waste money and time on NGV.

Last edited:

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
Although NGV is a gas, please don't think it will work like a NOS system.

But you can still install NGV to your car, not to power your car, but to be a mobile tanker/NGV station :burnout:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

All sifu,

I just replace a mivec gearbox into my 4G93P.
However, notice that RPM reading from stock tachometer is not aligned.

Example:

Idea Mivec gearbox speed at 100km/h @ 5th gear = 3600rpm, but my tachometer is shown at 2800 rpm only.

I did replaced 2nd unit of mivec gearbox to confirm, result is still the same. Is it the stock cluster is not calibrated with JDM gearbox?

Please advise.. Thx:confused:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience