measure engine oil tips

leynye yamin

Known Member
Sep 30, 2011
Sabah Sandakan
i see, that eases my worries a little. i will change to 10w40 as suggested and try again. will keep posted. Thx everyone! at the moment i will drive normal pace to check again.

leynye yamin

Known Member
Sep 30, 2011
Sabah Sandakan
ok, updates. I could not stand the problem of oil decreasing and i got up at night and diy have the timing belt cover opened and discovered that the newly changed belt is wet, and the entire assembly is wet as well, down to the crankshaft sprocket, and it is not leaking from both the camshaft or the crankshaft seal. it is leaking from the hole next to the camshaft sprocket.(refer picture(taken from mudah as sample) with red circle, turns out there is a cap at that hole, now has loosen out and with engine running, engine oil pressure popped the cap out. ). can i ask what is that? where i can get replacement parts? or i need to change the whole head just because of that cap?please help!

Attachments

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
ok, updates. I could not stand the problem of oil decreasing and i got up at night and diy have the timing belt cover opened and discovered that the newly changed belt is wet, and the entire assembly is wet as well, down to the crankshaft sprocket, and it is not leaking from both the camshaft or the crankshaft seal. it is leaking from the hole next to the camshaft sprocket.(refer picture(taken from mudah as sample) with red circle, turns out there is a cap at that hole, now has loosen out and with engine running, engine oil pressure popped the cap out. ). can i ask what is that? where i can get replacement parts? or i need to change the whole head just because of that cap?please help!
You sure it's the cap? Clean out all the oil and run the engine and just monitor. If it's really there then suggest you get someone to weld it shut. Otherwise you should be able to replace the cap alone. Dunno what you call it though.

leynye yamin

Known Member
Sep 30, 2011
Sabah Sandakan
i have checked with perodua the part number for this plug, 90043-39096-000, now waiting for them to call me about the price. i even asked for price of the head itself which is around rm 1500.00. damn!

leynye yamin

Known Member
Sep 30, 2011
Sabah Sandakan
after checked with repair manual, that plug cannot be welded shut, it has oil passage inside, that's why it has become so difficult for me to repair. refer the attachment.

Attachments

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
i saw screw thread hole near that area...maybe u can screw some retainer bracket after installing the new cap in order to prevent it from popping out again....

or use some "grey" rtv silicon glue to make that cap sit tight....the silicon glue easily removeable if needed...

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
after checked with repair manual, that plug cannot be welded shut, it has oil passage inside, that's why it has become so difficult for me to repair. refer the attachment.
You obviously know your way around the engine. Anyway where do you see it has an oil passage?

leynye yamin

Known Member
Sep 30, 2011
Sabah Sandakan
it was when the cap fell out to the floor, i saw the cap fell out from there when i used compresed air to clean the area, i saw there are 2 holes north and south position. but i thought use silicone to seal it might be a good idea, and turns out the cap popped out again after just test drive session. you mean the threaded hole next to the cap hole? i will check it out. Thx! Just curious, would constant high rpm could have caused this cap popping problem??

---------- Post added at 04:54 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:53 PM ----------

btw, price i get for the cap is rm30, hope it is the cap that looses out and not other else, i still have a kancil to catch up to, m dad's kancil in need of timing belt replacement.

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:54 PM ----------

after checked at old car tuning magazi, i found out that the cap is called oil passage plug, it is used as another alternative for engine oil to cool down (bside depend on water coolant), but research shown that that plug should not have problem with leakage as it dos=esn't pop out that sasily, this confuses me.

---------- Post added at 05:00 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:59 PM ----------

the cap will arrive on friday, will keep e_one posted!

leynye yamin

Known Member
Sep 30, 2011
Sabah Sandakan
Updates: turns out that the camshaft no. 17 bolt is squirting out engine oil when rotating, i found out this when i opened the timing belt cover and reinstall crank pulley and test run without the cover on. During rotating, can see very obvious the engine oil shooting out from the "celah celah" of the camshaft bolt, it keps shooting everywhere that causes the timing belt to be wet, again. After much thinking, i bought the ABRO blue colour thread locker, not the red ones, and apply to the camshaft bolt thread, wait half hour, then screw back into the camshaft. this blue ones still can be opened under normal extra strength ratchet pressure. this solved the leaking. Hope this info helps anyone in need.

Attachments

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hybrid. I say the word with a bit of malevolence to it. I’ll be honest here and admit I’ve never been a fan of the concept. In my opinion, forced induction is the definitive way forward. Imagine the irony when Porsche called me up and unexpectedly offered me the keys to a Panamera S Hybrid for a day. I accepted the offer of course, but I certainly had my...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience