WTA: Owning a Evo VIII

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Bro, most people may get scared in a powerful performance cars like an Evo with all the noise and harsh ride, head snapping acceleration, and all that! To you and me who like such fast cars, those are awesome qualities but to them those are scary, uncomfortable, and unnecessary. Same like going on a scary roller coaster, I am a big fan of such thrill rides but many are not. I got a friend who once said "why should I pay to get scared to death like that?" :biggrin: So I don't find it strange or unbelievable that most people, either young or old do not prefer such a car.

But yeah about your friend with an FD, even though he dislikes the car, he should have at least appreciated his dad to buy him a car in the first place!
He is a big time SOB ... I don't talk to him anymore after what he said about his dad. Felt damn bad for his father. :banghead:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
His father spoils him too much. If I were the father I'd make the idiotic son work and pay for his own car deposit. At most I'd sponsor 40% of the deposit money and let him choose whatever he 'wants' (read : Afford).

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
His father spoils him too much. If I were the father I'd make the idiotic son work and pay for his own car deposit. At most I'd sponsor 40% of the deposit money and let him choose whatever he 'wants' (read : Afford).
Sigh ... once in a while he will keep asking me about cars stuffs. I reluctantly entertain him, ask him to stop dreaming for the moment and work first. Our last conversation was about 4 years ago until now. Haven't heard from him ever since.

Just wanna ask any forumers here, the 4WD system in older EVO III, is it fully mechanical? Does it have a center transfer case? I know EVO IV started using computerise Active Yaw Control in their 4WD and later on AWC.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Sigh ... once in a while he will keep asking me about cars stuffs. I reluctantly entertain him, ask him to stop dreaming for the moment and work first. Our last conversation was about 4 years ago until now. Haven't heard from him ever since.

Just wanna ask any forumers here, the 4WD system in older EVO III, is it fully mechanical? Does it have a center transfer case? I know EVO IV started using computerise Active Yaw Control in their 4WD and later on AWC.
nah the evo 3 does not have em fancy electronics

**just a note, just incase you are thinking of getting one of those older cars, i would suggest otherwise.... they are abit too old and can sometimes be moody**

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
nah the evo 3 does not have em fancy electronics

**just a note, just incase you are thinking of getting one of those older cars, i would suggest otherwise.... they are abit too old and can sometimes be moody**
Oh meaning its fully mechanical. Damn it was a beast back in the days, er ... even if i wanted to, hardly you can spot an original EVO III on sale, not to mention its condition.

Mind sharing what kind of "moods" it will give ?

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Oh meaning its fully mechanical. Damn it was a beast back in the days, er ... even if i wanted to, hardly you can spot an original EVO III on sale, not to mention its condition.

lol old car.... their mood swings can be unpredictable haha! basically almost anything can happen, be it electrical, mechanical, who knows!

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

Last year got 2 offered on sale in some Evo FB clubs/forum but they're asking similar prices like Evo VII-VIII! :banghead:

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
lol old car.... their mood swings can be unpredictable haha! basically almost anything can happen, be it electrical, mechanical, who knows!
AFAIK i know, E3 is all mechanical and the front and rear consist of mechanical LSD. Compared to the later technology, the E3 has been commented to have more understeer, they corrected the understeer with AYC and S-AWC later on. This makes the Evo 3 looks really inferior.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Last year got 2 offered on sale in some Evo FB clubs/forum but they're asking similar prices like Evo VII-VIII! :banghead:
i think one biji was sold recenty, about 40-50k, loaded with goodies

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Freaking expensive , but its an E3 after all ! E8 isn't dropping price either !

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
i think one biji was sold recenty, about 40-50k, loaded with goodies
What color was it? Those I saw were red and black.

Freaking expensive , but its an E3 after all ! E8 isn't dropping price either !
E8 prices actually had dropped quite a bit in the last 2 years to around high 70s - low 80s. The E9 prices is the one still really staying high at >100k (but recently got 1 very quickly sold at just around 95k).

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Are they high on weed or something ? Just find it unbelievable to have youngsters at those age group think about practicability in a vehicle. At their age, i always imagine driving in one of those impractical machines. Guess they haven't got their asses in one of these machines before and taste their awesomeness.

I once had a friend said that his dream car is a Land Cruiser Cygnus. Said these cars can survive through flood and possibly apocalypse (hardcore Christian, no offense to any Christian readers). He used to comment his Civic FD2 bought for him by his dad is a piece of shit car. Felt so bad for his dad for having such a kid without appreciation. He wanted a Toyota Hilux but his dad bought the Civic cause the dad thought its much suitable for his age.:confused:
Not really about practicability. Most are just going for looks and tech geek stuff. They are more into the latest cars. Most of them like cars such as Audi TT, A5, VW Golf GTI, Scirocco and so on. For the more affordable range of cars, they prefer cars like Vios TRD, City, Peugeot 208... They emphasize on styling and other interior creature comfort. Things like Bluetooth stereo, nice instrument cluster, leather seat and stuffs like that matters more to them. There are also some friends who show some interest in cars but when I talk to them more about the technical stuff, they look confused and say they have no interest whatsoever. Some even claim paddle shifters is the way and traditional MT is just outdated and slow. They don't care what kind of gearbox is it as long as the paddles are there. Yes, even virtual 7 speed gears in CVT gearbox sounds like 'high performance' for them.

I once asked a friend can he manage parking without the reverse camera in his Vios TRD. He said, well there is still the reverse beeping sensor. I ask what if that is not available too? He said he probably can't handle it. He also said he can't handle my car since my car is a MT and it doesn't come with reverse parking sensor or camera. :rofl:

What's with your friend's father not letting his son having a cheaper Hilux and insist on getting a more expensive FD Civic. :biggrin:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
That will depends on the father status loh. Super rich sure will fully pay for it. Got to maintain status.....hhahahhahaha:biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear all sifus,

i owned an AE 111 TOYOTA (AUTO) - STOCK SET and i need mod~

what can i mod with this car? pls suggest~
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience