[WTA] need some opinion from sifus

J101

1,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2005
malaysia
i do check around once or twice in a month and the price for a undented eg6/9 is around 6.5k to 7k. with lsd is 9k. that is before negotiation and it would be a bonus if they are willing to sell engine bay area only minus the bodyparts.

well said by arrowhead, the hidden cost of fixing the wear and tear is just another story. sometimes either your lucky or just plain unlucky.

dont forget about legalising puspakom/jpj+insurance at the end of the day.

alot of ppl see this wrongly. they think conversion is a mere buy the halfcut, install it and u are ready to rev. this is not true. i assure u. there are alot of other things u will need to replace/repair in order for the engine to run smoothly.
if u wanna use ur car just to get from A to B, then perhaps overhauling would be the best bet.

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
j101: hehe thanks for ur support on my comment.

yes JPJ/PUSPAKOM is another, and ya i forgot to mention another, this will set u back about additional 1k or so depending where u do it.... EXHAUST SYSTEM

D-IV

Known Member
Mar 11, 2006
Unless you go for the older version which i'm not sure is available anymore which is the OBD-0 version. Not sure how it is in your area but the cheapest i got was roughly 3K for the engine plus wiring + ECU without gearbox. Thats excluding installation. Installation would probably be around around 1k or so.

How about gearbox? LSD equipped are roughly around the 2k region if you are lucky.

How about fuel pump? the in-tank is not included so have to get it also. Not sure how much. I just bought an external one.

How about linkages and pedal sets if yours is not manual?

And lastly, how about what arrowhead has pointed out on maintenance items that needs changing? I've seen quite a lot of people who cheap out and not being so lucky and able to run it for a few days before screwing something up.

Doing it right the first time always pays off. I wouldn't build the D16 unless i'm going for boost. But what do i know, maybe its actually cheaper to do conversion in your area than mine. I'm just talking with experience.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Spoilers are the wing like attachment fitted to the rear end, mounted on top of the trunk or attached just under the bumper in the front.
Many have a misconception that spoilers are only used to modify the shape of their cars so that it may look hot hot and sporty but they fail to realize that
spoilers do have some aerodynamic implications.Spoilers "spoil" any unfavourable air movement which comes in contact with the car during high speeds hence
the name "spoiler"
Many racing cars and...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience