[WTA] 3 way active + subwoofer

ryanu

Known Member
Mar 19, 2010
Kota Kinabalu
Hi all sifu,

Just would like to ask whether the setup that I would like to have is ok and do-able.

Current setup:
(1) HU : Clarion DXZ 956 MC
(2) tweeter : Vifa NE19VTS
(3) midbass: DLS R6A
(4) subwoofer: Blaupunkt VRB 10.1
(5) Phoenix Gold Octane R 5.0.4
(6) Blaupunkt VR 1002

Currently, midbass and tweeter are connected on the DLS passsive crossover and amplified via PG amp. Blaupunkt sub connected to blaupunkt amp.

My future plan is to add a pair of 3 inch midrange and I have another 2 ch amp. My plan is to connect tweeter, mid range and midbass active. But my question will be, can I tap the output on one of the amps as an input for my amp powering my sub and the low pass the sub via amp? Will this work?

Thanks in advance!

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
Hi all sifu,

Just would like to ask whether the setup that I would like to have is ok and do-able.

Current setup:
(1) HU : Clarion DXZ 956 MC
(2) tweeter : Vifa NE19VTS
(3) midbass: DLS R6A
(4) subwoofer: Blaupunkt VRB 10.1
(5) Phoenix Gold Octane R 5.0.4
(6) Blaupunkt VR 1002

Currently, midbass and tweeter are connected on the DLS passsive crossover and amplified via PG amp. Blaupunkt sub connected to blaupunkt amp.

My future plan is to add a pair of 3 inch midrange and I have another 2 ch amp. My plan is to connect tweeter, mid range and midbass active. But my question will be, can I tap the output on one of the amps as an input for my amp powering my sub and the low pass the sub via amp? Will this work?

Thanks in advance!
i think cannot coz most amp nowadays only accept low voltage input (electronic signals) unless ur's can have 2 type input high & low but still, the output of an amp is quite high for the high level signal. right now my current set up is, 1200w power amp c/w 4 channel out put to power up
1) 2 channel bridged (2x300w) to power up 800w 10' sub
2) 1 channel each to power up my left & right component consist of 1nos 6" mid range, 1nos 4" mid bass & a tweeter

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

A new study conducted in the UK by an insurance company has found Porsche to the brand of choice among the nation’s wealthiest for the second straight year in a row. SwiftCover insurance has released a list of the ten car brands wealthy people would most likely buy as well as a list of the ten they’d most likely reject.

The lists were compiled using data sourced from 2.7 million quotes registered...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience