Workshop in JB to turbocharge ?

wasteg4te

Known Member
Sep 22, 2005
jb
Tung chun permas jaya (NA king, but still got a few vtec turbo)
HV racing johor jaya (Vtec and turbo)
Torque Racing permas jaya (turbo) got 1 vtec turbo from Sg with huge HP (also hv dyno)
R engineering (ah lai) plentong (master in turbo)
RMD kempas and perling (have a lot experimentals and experiences in local motoring scene)
Vazmaz johor jaya (also master in turbo engine) rotary master

HvSohc

Dec 24, 2008
thanks. Do you have their address?
I surf net and found that they also do rechip ECU.
yup they do rechip of ecu...Johor Jaya Taman Seroja

---------- Post added at 04:21 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:10 AM ----------

RMD got a fast VtecTC.
TungChun Kseries King IN JB.
Hv Racing Bseries King IN JB.
R-Engerinering Fast TC SAtria. Ah LAi more into TUning NOw.
Vazmazz famous in Rotary Now..

This Garage are consistent in & out of drag races event everytime..Period

How i know cuz been with HV Racing for more the 7yrs plus & still kicking frm singapore..
Trust malaysian garage more then spore garage with their workmanship,service & job knowledge..u cant get that is spore...

jj.v6

Known Member
Aug 30, 2009
johor baru
yup they do rechip of ecu...Johor Jaya Taman Seroja

---------- Post added at 04:21 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:10 AM ----------

RMD got a fast VtecTC.
TungChun Kseries King IN JB.
Hv Racing Bseries King IN JB.
R-Engerinering Fast TC SAtria. Ah LAi more into TUning NOw.
Vazmazz famous in Rotary Now..

This Garage are consistent in & out of drag races event everytime..Period

How i know cuz been with HV Racing for more the 7yrs plus & still kicking frm singapore..
Trust malaysian garage more then spore garage with their workmanship,service & job knowledge..u cant get that is spore...
thats not really true....
singaporean do their car in jb bcoz pf cheap labour...period
if u ever been to singapore car workshop likethose in ubi,u know wat is service means...
1st class customer service..,workmanship so in-detail...and job knowledge(they hold degrees)
if budget really not an issue,,then try this shop..
spark motorsports,
24 senoko loop,singapore(w3dotsparkmotorsportsdotcom).
this is one of their best exhaust workshop in singapore..u name it..they hav it(any brand)
fok kim exhaust,block 3015 ubi road1,#01-200/02,singapore

but u know wat is the best part??
majority of their staff are johorean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!malaysia boleh

---------- Post added at 09:06 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:56 AM ----------

to all workshops,,theia target end of the day is to make money...if they can get a few petrolhead like us,,very soon they wil own a benz..
im not saying thy r bad shops
some xprience to share
ive been to hv racing wit my friend..his ride is gsr 1.8.went there to chg custom intercooler piping and intercooler..the cost is around 2k..u now wat they give him...a 2inch stainless steel pipe with a jasma intercooler(rm350).that wil only cost 1k outside.is this really worth the 2k??u think again
another example..(waz-maz)
went thr to order custom made pistons & tyre spacer...pay them half as a deposit.total cost 1.5K.they ask me come back after 2 weeks.by the time they give my products its almost 2 month..talk about sevice eh???

---------- Post added at 09:15 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:06 AM ----------

so wat i realise is,u just dont send ur car to any reputable workshop,but also to the workshop where the owner is passionate in not just making money but also interested in making ur car more powerful...well i found 1 workshop in bukit indah,skudai..the owner is a racer himself and only 28 years old now.wrkg as a foreman/wireman frm age 12...
some of his noteworthy projects i've seen
volvo740-convert to turbo
perdana v6-v6tt/evo3
cefiro-skyline r32(his ride)
skyline r32-r34
honda civic-b16+2.2 vtec(450hp)
and the common waja/wira/putra(gsr/evo)

Wanggot

May 22, 2006
Jay Bee
so wat i realise is,u just dont send ur car to any reputable workshop,but also to the workshop where the owner is passionate in not just making money but also interested in making ur car more powerful...well i found 1 workshop in bukit indah,skudai..the owner is a racer himself and only 28 years old now.wrkg as a foreman/wireman frm age 12...
perdana v6-v6tt/evo3
skyline r32-r34
Mayb can share with us the name of this old-timer... and location too..
Kinda tired aredi those "potong-leher" workshop out there....

jj.v6

Known Member
Aug 30, 2009
johor baru
Mayb can share with us the name of this old-timer... and location too..
Kinda tired aredi those "potong-leher" workshop out there....
everstar electrical&service centre
57,jalan indah 1/1,tmn bukit indah,johor baru
Ah yuan(012-7061515)
closed on monday

tailgatepro

Jan 25, 2010
Singapore
if u ask me turbochanging a vtec is not cool. u may be fast but no vtec kaki wanna play with you and if you kena tapau by a mitsu gsr sure malu kow stick with K20. anyway it,s just my two cents.
Fast? I am laughing and sad.
After spending tons of money on turbo. Guess what, from 13sec to 11 sec only for 1500CC car.

Guess what, VW 1200CC TSI can have 9.7 sec for 0-100 km/h. ( smaller CC can better then mine)
I had used e-managed and gave me 12 sec, so i changed workshop and AEM piggyback, added injectors and other , only 11 sec.

I was wonder if I go HV racing, can ask them to make it 9 sec flat for my car without change CVT gearbox and turbo ?
Some PPL said TD04 can hit 200 WHP. why my ride still like snail? Pls advise before i go to HV racing.
Bcos i don't want to outcome spending $$ then become square one.

Last edited:

seg 7138

Known Member
Oct 13, 2008
how about toyota colora ae101.....have any sifu know any good workshop?

HvSohc

Dec 24, 2008
if u ever been to singapore car workshop likethose in ubi,u know wat is service means...
1st class customer service..,workmanship so in-detail...and job knowledge(they hold degrees)
if budget really not an issue,,then try this shop..
spark motorsports,
24 senoko loop,singapore(w3dotsparkmotorsportsdotcom).
this is one of their best exhaust workshop in singapore..u name it..they hav it(any brand)
fok kim exhaust,block 3015 ubi road1,#01-200/02,singapore

---------- Post added at 09:06 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:56 AM ----------

to all workshops,,theia target end of the day is to make money...if they can get a few petrolhead like us,,very soon they wil own a benz..
some xprience to share
ive been to hv racing wit my friend..his ride is gsr 1.8.went there to chg custom intercooler piping and intercooler..the cost is around 2k..u now wat they give him...a 2inch stainless steel pipe with a jasma intercooler(rm350).that wil only cost 1k outside.is this really worth the 2k??u think again
another example..(waz-maz)
went thr to order custom made pistons & tyre spacer...pay them half as a deposit.total cost 1.5K.they ask me come back after 2 weeks.by the time they give my products its almost 2 month..talk about sevice eh???

---------- Post added at 09:15 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:06 AM ----------

perdana v6-v6tt/evo3
skyline r32-r34

hmm been there already & got so many negative thingy..
Btw we go over malaysia garage nt because of labour it because of workmanship & customer service..& experience the most..
Even ppl driving BMW, Ppl who throw thousand & thousand of dollar come over JB to mod their cars...so it not because of labour...Is bcuz their knowledge & customers service.
Nvr cheap & cut ppl head off...not like some spore garage....
Btw it nt the branded stuff u throw into building the engine..
Rm20k can make yr vtec fly in JB.Spore u throw 20k sing also dunno yr car can fly or nt..Good example see all the jb & kl build vtec....freaking fast spore build vtec noway near them..
So upz for MALAYSIA BOLEH....

cheers...

---------- Post added at 01:15 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:12 AM ----------

After spending tons of money on turbo. Guess what, from 13sec to 11 sec only for 1500CC car.

Guess what, VW 1200CC TSI can have 9.7 sec for 0-100 km/h. ( smaller CC can better then mine)
I had used e-managed and gave me 12 sec, so i changed workshop and AEM piggyback, added injectors and other , only 11 sec.

I was wonder if I go HV racing, can ask them to make it 9 sec flat for my car without change CVT gearbox and turbo ?
Some PPL said TD04 can hit 200 WHP. why my ride still like snail? Pls advise before i go to HV racing.
U can go down see the boss Ah Hua..talk to him heart to heart better bro...

zerokool

Known Member
Jul 11, 2004
this is going nowhere.. guys .. keep it down..
let's stick to the original purpose of this thread...

HvSohc

Dec 24, 2008
this is going nowhere.. guys .. keep it down..
let's stick to the original purpose of this thread...
sorry if my post is offending bro..just trying to help out.

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site

9 sec without change CVT and td04 turbo? Bro, u're asking for impossible. Colt was riding on manual. Ori engine was turbo spec (low comp). Same as VW TSI, its turbo spec engine. How to compare. If you dont blow your CVT @ 200whp, i :adore: u. I dare to GUARANTEE you no workshop can get your target, 9 sec without change CVT and td04 turbo

---------- Post added at 10:50 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:33 AM ----------

some xprience to share

perdana v6-v6tt/evo3
skyline r32-r34
Bro, conflict leh, u say Spore workmanship so in-detail and job knowledge(they hold degrees) but at the end u said most of them Msian. Frm what i can recall, almost non of Msian famous mech ever finish high school.

normal market for s/steel fabrication is around 1k onwards, as u said, jasma intercooler 350 which sum up 1350. To know the cost, very simple. Go hardware shop check out 2" s/steel straight pipe how much for x feet, then check out elbow price. Thn check out how much for silicon hose and the clip. I havent factor in labour fees for welding and installation.

In fact, you go ask around, majority if not all will tell you full set stainless steel ic fabrication is 1k plus. i've been patron small workshop to those big name above. small workshop need customer like you to grow, hence they charge cheap, take u as test kit. Big shop cant afford to do so as they got reputation to look after. In fact, of those so called project you listed, its common job and majority mech had been doing it for years. Even tire shop mech also know how to do

FYI, most of them do afford drive benz. Ah lai got R34 and STI (Sold), Tung chun own BMW 5 Series, Ah hwa if im not wrong owned BMW 3 series coupe if not M3.

affiq

Known Member
Sep 6, 2007
i recommend tung chun lah..in permas...i've seen them installing a turbo into a fd (spore car..dont know whose).. try asking them lah..go there and look for ah boon

tailgatepro

Jan 25, 2010
Singapore
9 sec without change CVT and td04 turbo? Bro, u're asking for impossible. If you dont blow your CVT @ 200whp, .
no , I mean td04 can reach 200whp. I don't need to 200 whp. Bcos encounter other wkshop asking me upgrade to TD05 , which I think not reqiured as my td04 maybe used half of his power. I don't care how many free horse. I just need 9 sec. Can change to other auto gear, not manual GB. Can be done?

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
thats why i sadi you're asking impossible stuff. To hit 9sec, do u know how much you need to invest into engine/gearbox/turbo? We are talking about 10k-20k stuff here. 9 sec, you need at least 700whp onwards, again its WHP not HP

HvSohc

Dec 24, 2008
i recommend tung chun lah..in permas...i've seen them installing a turbo into a fd (spore car..dont know whose).. try asking them lah..go there and look for ah boon
elo afiq... :burnout: