why VTEC NOT open..even already 6500rpm.??

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

lanusin

B16A why no vtec open..even already 6500rpm.?? piping already changed 2''. can check by just ramp the engine?.anything to check before send to foremen??.. engine dismantle for 2 months. now already 2 weeks on the road?? please advise. new vtec user:mad: :thumpdown

how is ur engine check light?? is it on?? or just like normal(on for a while then off).. usually if the v-tec dont launch, must have problem(safe mode) the problem u can check from the ecu indicator(usually will blink how many times depend on the problem)..

v-tec not launching happened to me once, after some bastard took my RSM(cut the wire and stole it), the rest of the cable(to the ECU was still attached), and my engine check light was not gone off, and my vtec wasnt launch...

-peace-

same shit happened to me.. make sure you take the old wiring out.. if you had your gadgets stolen or your engine light lights up..

There could be 1001 reasons as to why your VTEC failed to engage, from a faulty wiring to a dysfunctional speed sensor. The best thing is to check your negine checklight. Is it siwtched on ? If yes then there's a way to diagnose your problem........but I'm not so sure how.

PM this guy ...... stimGILER, he practically memorises what "BLINK" means what....hehe

maybe u seldom rev the car...so the Vtec is set to open at higher rev...
try resetting ur ecu...then drive hard...for the ceu to learn from your driving...

not well verse with vtec but does vtec have lift bolts?

There are some celica owners (overseas) who hit lift toooooooooo often & wear & tear on the lift bolts were the cause of it. Just a simple change on the 'lift bolts' for them. Some of the celica owners (US) in fact "cyro'ed" (deep freeze in nitrogen) those lift bolt & they last a lifetime. no problems since.

lanusin said:
B16A why no vtec open..even already 6500rpm.?? piping already changed 2''. can check by just ramp the engine?.anything to check before send to foremen??.. engine dismantle for 2 months. now already 2 weeks on the road?? please advise.

try check the vtec switch controller in ur engine there is a seal with filter in it in there try buying a new one change the that thing. it might help....(akk ur car doctor 1st coz that is is very expensive.. hundred over for 2 small seal)

Check your pressures

There's 2 things you need to check:

1. Fuel pressure (fuel pump sumthing wrong)
2. Oil pressure (vtec opens with oil pressure

no pressure, no vtec

one of the more simpler reasons is : black oil (minyak hitam) :biggrin: not enough. Check its level. If its dry, VTEC will not engage also....

- could be the vtec solenoid died
- the rubber seal inside the solenoid worn out (o-ring)
- the vtec pressure switch died or wrongly wired
- low engine oil pressure

vtec launch @ 6200rpm..n da sound very hampeh..

my b16a vtec launch @6200rpm..but da sound very slow n hampehh..also beratlaa..anybdy knw y? plsss some advise..

my b16a vtec launch @6200rpm..but da sound very slow n hampehh..also beratlaa..anybdy knw y? plsss some advise..

get it inspected by a proper mechanic and tuner. guessing aint gonna help.

dun listen to crower laa .. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: ..

I guest his problem already solved .. no reply from him

crower75 said:
There could be 1001 reasons as to why your VTEC failed to engage, from a faulty wiring to a dysfunctional speed sensor. The best thing is to check your negine checklight. Is it siwtched on ? If yes then there's a way to diagnose your problem........but I'm not so sure how.

PM this guy ...... stimGILER, he practically memorises what "BLINK" means what....hehe

could be vtec solenoid......
i think stock b16a should open at 5,800rpm

Vtec selonoid
Oil presure switch
Ecu
wiring

best let a mech solver this problem with les coz try go to spoon sport if you in pj or maybe in cheras speed mag auto

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom