why VTEC NOT open..even already 6500rpm.??

lanusin

Jul 24, 2005
PENANG
B16A why no vtec open..even already 6500rpm.?? piping already changed 2''. can check by just ramp the engine?.anything to check before send to foremen??.. engine dismantle for 2 months. now already 2 weeks on the road?? please advise. new vtec user:mad: :thumpdown

moshpit21

Known Member
Aug 12, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
how is ur engine check light?? is it on?? or just like normal(on for a while then off).. usually if the v-tec dont launch, must have problem(safe mode) the problem u can check from the ecu indicator(usually will blink how many times depend on the problem)..

v-tec not launching happened to me once, after some bastard took my RSM(cut the wire and stole it), the rest of the cable(to the ECU was still attached), and my engine check light was not gone off, and my vtec wasnt launch...

-peace-

MaQuereau

Known Member
Mar 2, 2004
D'sara
same shit happened to me.. make sure you take the old wiring out.. if you had your gadgets stolen or your engine light lights up..

crower75

5,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2004
TeAM C.R.D
Visit site
There could be 1001 reasons as to why your VTEC failed to engage, from a faulty wiring to a dysfunctional speed sensor. The best thing is to check your negine checklight. Is it siwtched on ? If yes then there's a way to diagnose your problem........but I'm not so sure how.

PM this guy ...... stimGILER, he practically memorises what "BLINK" means what....hehe

Doink

3,000 RPM
Aug 1, 2004
House
Visit site
maybe u seldom rev the car...so the Vtec is set to open at higher rev...
try resetting ur ecu...then drive hard...for the ceu to learn from your driving...

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
not well verse with vtec but does vtec have lift bolts?

There are some celica owners (overseas) who hit lift toooooooooo often & wear & tear on the lift bolts were the cause of it. Just a simple change on the 'lift bolts' for them. Some of the celica owners (US) in fact "cyro'ed" (deep freeze in nitrogen) those lift bolt & they last a lifetime. no problems since.

orc3368

Known Member
Dec 1, 2005
lanusin said:
B16A why no vtec open..even already 6500rpm.?? piping already changed 2''. can check by just ramp the engine?.anything to check before send to foremen??.. engine dismantle for 2 months. now already 2 weeks on the road?? please advise.

try check the vtec switch controller in ur engine there is a seal with filter in it in there try buying a new one change the that thing. it might help....(akk ur car doctor 1st coz that is is very expensive.. hundred over for 2 small seal)

WhiteSpoonCivic

Tree Hugger
Aug 25, 2005
KL
Check your pressures

There's 2 things you need to check:

1. Fuel pressure (fuel pump sumthing wrong)
2. Oil pressure (vtec opens with oil pressure

no pressure, no vtec

minivan

1,500 RPM
Jun 11, 2004
BBBangi/KL
Visit site
one of the more simpler reasons is : black oil (minyak hitam) :biggrin: not enough. Check its level. If its dry, VTEC will not engage also....

J101

1,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2005
malaysia
- could be the vtec solenoid died
- the rubber seal inside the solenoid worn out (o-ring)
- the vtec pressure switch died or wrongly wired
- low engine oil pressure

hellboyz

Known Member
Dec 6, 2005
vtec launch @ 6200rpm..n da sound very hampeh..

my b16a vtec launch @6200rpm..but da sound very slow n hampehh..also beratlaa..anybdy knw y? plsss some advise..

hellboyz

Known Member
Dec 6, 2005
my b16a vtec launch @6200rpm..but da sound very slow n hampehh..also beratlaa..anybdy knw y? plsss some advise..

stimGILER

Known Member
Oct 10, 2005
dun listen to crower laa .. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: ..

I guest his problem already solved .. no reply from him

crower75 said:
There could be 1001 reasons as to why your VTEC failed to engage, from a faulty wiring to a dysfunctional speed sensor. The best thing is to check your negine checklight. Is it siwtched on ? If yes then there's a way to diagnose your problem........but I'm not so sure how.

PM this guy ...... stimGILER, he practically memorises what "BLINK" means what....hehe

danieL

500 RPM
Oct 3, 2004
could be vtec solenoid......
i think stock b16a should open at 5,800rpm

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi bro,
im driving a wira 1.5 manual.. i plan to add skirting to and a front lip to my car. do help me by giving in some pictures... thank you
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience