Whistling sound when driving.

corolla613

Jun 11, 2007
Hi guys. Hope you all can help me out here.
I drive i 4afe m and always got tis like whistling sound (closest description i can give :)). It only happens when in its in gear. When neutral don have. Recently i changed my clutch plate and hoped it will go away but its still there. Can anyone give me an idea what to check?
Thanks.

corolla613

Jun 11, 2007
Not very loud. Happens on all gears. When rev engine none. On neutral none. Can hear the sound disappear when press clutch during driving. If re engage gear then got again. :-(

TRD.AE92

500 RPM
Apr 10, 2009
Not very loud. Happens on all gears. When rev engine none. On neutral none. Can hear the sound disappear when press clutch during driving. If re engage gear then got again. :-(
maybe the clutch bearing issue

mamatAE111

Known Member
Oct 25, 2006
my 4AFE auto engine is also giving whistling sound when press the accelerator. The sound noticable when sitting inside the car.
My friends who have turbo car says my engine nice sound. Like the sound of turbo spooling, hahaha...
Still don't know the cause. Maybe engine too old already

Bump: my 4AFE auto engine is also giving whistling sound when press the accelerator. The sound noticable when sitting inside the car.
My friends who have turbo car says my engine nice sound. Like the sound of turbo spooling, hahaha...
Still don't know the cause. Maybe engine too old already

corolla613

Jun 11, 2007
Yes yes mamat ae111. Same phenomena here.
Bro Trd, clutch bearing ah... is it replaced when changing clutch plate?

liz@rd

Known Member
Sep 25, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
Yes yes mamat ae111. Same phenomena here.
Bro Trd, clutch bearing ah... is it replaced when changing clutch plate?
By right , Yes it shld be changed together with the new set of clutch plates , very rare user will not change it as well coz it's amount is not very material ,

TRD.AE92

500 RPM
Apr 10, 2009
By right , Yes it shld be changed together with the new set of clutch plates , very rare user will not change it as well coz it's amount is not very material ,
Yeah, you are right... but some of foremen no change in 1 package. :listen:

Now... i think it is not clutch bearing... Because he say in gear only got sound...
Clutch bearing normally can be identify by Squealing, scraping or crunching that starts when the clutch pedal is first depressed and continues until the clutch pedal is fully released.

Now i wondering is gear oil or worst case is the transmission itself.

Last edited:

corolla613

Jun 11, 2007
Thx guys. Will ask my mech if he changed it when he changed my clutch plate.

Bump: Thx guys. Will ask my mech if he changed it when he changed my clutch plate.

Bump: Well transmissions seem smooth. The sound is more evident when accelerator is released but gear still engaged.

liz@rd

Known Member
Sep 25, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
seriously could be anything in the transmission , as we are no certified mechs , just some experience ,

Dear TS , is it when you engaged in gear , rev then let go(still in gear) then got sound ?
Or when you stepped on the clutch pedal , u can feel roughness or tough ?

corolla613

Jun 11, 2007
No bro lizard, it has that like that spooling sound like mamat ae111 mentioned. Its whenever the car is in gear when i'm driving. Doesn't affect the car's handling in anyway. Thanks a lot for all this feedback I've been getting.:)

Bump: Clutch is smooth.

liz@rd

Known Member
Sep 25, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
No bro lizard, it has that like that spooling sound like mamat ae111 mentioned. Its whenever the car is in gear when i'm driving. Doesn't affect the car's handling in anyway. Thanks a lot for all this feedback I've been getting.:)

Bump: Clutch is smooth.
you sure ur ride is not supercharged aer ? hehe :thefinger:

like that i really cannot say anything else , coz i experienced twice with the bearing b4 , maybe go take down ur GB and check lor , that's the only way , won't know until u open it

corolla613

Jun 11, 2007
you sure ur ride is not supercharged aer ? hehe :thefinger:

like that i really cannot say anything else , coz i experienced twice with the bearing b4 , maybe go take down ur GB and check lor , that's the only way , won't know until u open it
Hehe. I wish it was supercharged!
Spoke to my mech today. He said clutch bearing changed. He also said maybe something to with the flywheel. But as you said la... take down gearbox then only know la... :)

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i've decided to put the LMST saga side skirt and LMSS(Iswara SE) front skirt for my iswara sedan..but i had a problem with the back..

OR is there any type of bodykit that can fit into iswara

opinion/ideas/suggestion..

got pic,emel me at [email protected]

need help from ya all..!!!!

thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience