vios whistling

richardtan

Known Member
Mar 23, 2009
Dear SiFus,:wavey:

I notice a strange situation in my vios '06 recently.
When the car reaches speed of around 77km/h , a whistle sound is produced. Its loud enough to be clearly audible.:confused:

It seems to come from the front passenger dashboard area. But i could not pin point where it came from.

As i press the accelerator harder at around that speed the whistling will happen and it comes and goes away every now and then but always at higher speeds.

Once, when i started braking the sound was also audible. Very strange.

Kindly could a Sifu advise what could be the problem? Why do cars whistle if there is no supercharger or turbo?

Thank you for reading.

regards
Richard
:driver:

ftzone

full throttle zone
Feb 21, 2005
Penang, Prai
www.ftzoneracing.com
is your brake pad depleted?

richardtan

Known Member
Mar 23, 2009
do your car just recently installed/adjusted some audio equipment?
Dear Friend,

I can assure you nothing was done on audio.
I was listening to a radio station when i heard the whistling and it started when i accelerated into the highway. At first, it sounded like it was from the radio. It was as loud as the radio. When the whistling occurred again along the highway, i felt nervous as I never experienced this situation before. So, i switched to another radio station. Sama sama. I turned off the radio. Same thing happens. Confirmed: not radio or audio.

Thanks.:wavey:

Richard

---------- Post added at 12:57 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:53 PM ----------

is your brake pad depleted?
Dear Friend,

Recently, about 1 month ago, i went for 40K maintenance and got many things changed as per servicing package.

I even replaced the driveshaft whose boots broke. Now with the new shaft, seems the wheel is straight again and smooth again.

My brake pads was inspected to be still in operational condition. I saw the brake still got some thickness left.

So, i doubt it is due to brake pads. But then i am just a greenhorn. Also, the problem occurs almost all the time during acceleration past 77 km/h or thereabouts.

thanks for your concern.
:wavey:
sincerely
Richard

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
hv u bring your car to any mechanics to diagnose on this prob ?
if yes, what the mech say ? how about toyota sc ?

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
Maybe is the sound of wind..? my ae111 got whistle sound at 120km/h if strong wind blowing n the sound is coming from the side mirror, the whistle sound is made by the gap between the door n side mirror, i tested many time to conform that.

lkeong88

Known Member
Nov 1, 2009
Cheras
How come wind sound occur suddenly? Before that he dont have the sound?

And seems like ae111 not that good

theproblemkid

Aug 16, 2007
Try and check the wheel bearings...I heard if the wheel bearings are gone also can cause this type of noise...

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
How come wind sound occur suddenly? Before that he dont have the sound?

And seems like ae111 not that good
1) What i mean is check the car for anything sticking out that cause wind sound.. :confused:

2) After installing door visor the wind sound is gone. :banghead:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Sedan Driving Appeal of New Honda CR-V Well Received by Malaysian Motorists<br>Customer demand exceed full year sales target within first 4 months and still going strong<br><br>Petaling Jaya, 8 October 2007 – Customer demand within the first 4 months of launch for the new Honda CR-V has exceeded the full year target, and still going strong, attesting to the premium sedan driving appeal of the sports utility...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience