Bearing gearbox axle driveshaft sounds like a plane already

intel2800

Oct 6, 2010
Sabah
hello guys,

I have a Corolla SEG AE111 right now that makes me disturbs me until now.. the story is that noise was like a plane woobling around my wheel knuckle, so at 1st I thought is was the wheel bearing already worn out, so I decided to change both of my wheel bearing left and right, but the noise is still the same even I change both of the bearing left and right, and then I notice that a leaking of ATF fluid came out of nowhere so i trace it was the oil seal on gearbox where the driveshaft connect on to the gearbox, then my pomen said to me that u need to change a new/halfcut gearbox becoz they suspected the bearing inside of it already worn out, i was told that if i make an overhaul on the gearbox it will be xpensive and not guarantee it will with keep prolong the bearing after the overhauling the gearbox.. so any suggestion guys? i'm still been thinking about overhauling the gearbox instead change to a new ones..

:confused:

slack3r

Known Member
Mar 10, 2010
Manila
there is an oil seal both side where the driveshaft connects to the gearbox.. did your mechanic check if the oil seals needs to be replaced? you might just need to replace the oil seals on both sides this is of the leak

as for the noise do you only hear it when the gear is engaged? or even on neutral and you rev the engine?