which tyre you will recommend to your friend?

ericmaxman

Senior Newbie
Jul 18, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
Btw, I was walking and I thought, why the hell is Achilles ATR Sport so damn cheap at its size but not many are using it.
Actually quite a lot using ma.

Maybe because its Indo tires, hence people's perception is different? I cant wait to give those a try! :driver:

YellowFlash

Known Member
Sep 28, 2009
Jb
I think izso would disagree that the gy asym 2 is good. But between gy asym 2 and ps3..i would choose the cheaper one. they are both top tier tyres from the respective manufacturers.

gy asym 2 is the top tier for gy but ps3 is not the top tier for mich... top tier for mich wld be supersport if im not wrong. so we're comparing top tier of gy vs 1 tier below top for michellin.

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:29 PM ----------

im agree with this...or i would say affordable instead of cheap haha

really? better than ps3? ok will take note of that bro
I felt that way but it may be also partially due to me using 225 (asym 2) vs 215 (ps3).... but I can feel a significant difference when I try to take a corner hard. The weight of my steering also became lighter when doing low speed 90 degree left/right turns as compared to ps3. In fact I wanted to change back to ps3 again (I didn't bother reading reviews) but was recommended asym 2 by my tire shop. It was really money well spent.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Btw, I was walking and I thought, why the hell is Achilles ATR Sport so damn cheap at its size but not many are using it.
Got people use, different category of people only.....:smokin:

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

gy asym 2 is the top tier for gy but ps3 is not the top tier for mich... top tier for mich wld be supersport if im not wrong. so we're comparing top tier of gy vs 1 tier below top for michellin.

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:29 PM ----------

I felt that way but it may be also partially due to me using 225 (asym 2) vs 215 (ps3).... but I can feel a significant difference when I try to take a corner hard. The weight of my steering also became lighter when doing low speed 90 degree left/right turns as compared to ps3. In fact I wanted to change back to ps3 again (I didn't bother reading reviews) but was recommended asym 2 by my tire shop. It was really money well spent.
Actually I have tried all of GY top tyres, from F1 GSD3, the Asy then the Asy2 and I can say I love the Asy2....:driver:

YellowFlash

Known Member
Sep 28, 2009
Jb
Got people use, different category of people only.....:smokin:

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

Actually I have tried all of GY top tyres, from F1 GSD3, the Asy then the Asy2 and I can say I love the Asy2....:driver:
yea, have no regrets with Asy2 so far.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I just went Bukit Tinggi over the weekend and again the Assy2 gave me a fright in a sharp corner. Perhaps there was sand on the road or something but the front wheels spun trying to power out of the corner. That can't be normal!

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
I just went Bukit Tinggi over the weekend and again the Assy2 gave me a fright in a sharp corner. Perhaps there was sand on the road or something but the front wheels spun trying to power out of the corner. That can't be normal!
oil on the road?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Well, Accelera and all those other Indon Tyre brands have killed the Indon tyre market here in KL. Bad grip, bad everything, just cheap price. They are so bad even taxi drivers don't use them, they rather pay for 2nd hand tyres.

oil on the road?
Don't think so kwa? I dunno. I wasn't going fast, average speed 50km/h only. To get wheel spin must've been oil or sand I guess. Or shitty tyres. But I don't think that's the case with Assy2.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
You are either cornering too fast or your STD is more powerful then my VR.....:adore:

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:07 PM ----------

Don't think so kwa? I dunno. I wasn't going fast, average speed 50km/h only. To get wheel spin must've been oil or sand I guess. Or shitty tyres. But I don't think that's the case with Assy2.
Want to sell let me know......:driver::biggrin:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Well, Accelera and all those other Indon Tyre brands have killed the Indon tyre market here in KL. Bad grip, bad everything, just cheap price. They are so bad even taxi drivers don't use them, they rather pay for 2nd hand tyres.

seems like u need LSD :listen:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Guys!!! 50km/h la! LSD and too fast corner is not related la! I seriously was surprised to feel that short 1-2s wheel spin. Since I was going up hill I gave it more gas also but maintained low speed in "L" gear.

Aiya dunno la. I'm not saying Assy2 is no good. I'm just really unlucky to keep experiencing things people don't normally experience with the Assy2.

ericmaxman

Senior Newbie
Jul 18, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
Your STD too light la :driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi to all sifu,

im decide to put lower arm evo3 (alloy) n anti roll bar evo3 to my Wira. usually Wira 1.5 never tied the ARB on the absorber. so now im running on GAB SS series. so can i put the lower arm evo3 n ARB evo3 that can stick on the absorber. Any advice? does it improve corner n handling?

Advice, advice n advice needed:driver:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience