which iridium spark plug u use, denso / ngk / volker ?

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
there's no such thing as best.

when buying plugs..see wat is ur personal needs.look at the tempreture of the plugs.and see wat ur engine needs.a colder plugs or a hotter plug.

if ur current plugs is doing its job.why do u want to change it?if a fren says it will give u more hp,stoping being frens with him/her

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
It will increase some hp, maybe at 0.5%. But actually is beacuse the combustion is more complete, that's why we can feel the car moves faster than using normal plug, then some fellows say hp increase. Cannot blame them on this.

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
Wat makes one plug better than another?of course this depends on what is important to u..
if ur looking for max performance, there are certain plugs that are designed to minimize misfires/ max the combustion of the air.fuel mixture.
if ur looking for maximum service intervals..there are plugs that r designed for the limited gap erosion.allowing then to function 2 to 5 times longer than conventional plugs.

HOT OR COLD?
one of the most important considerations when choosing a replacement plug is being sure that the correct heat range is chosen!if the replacement plug that is chosen is too cold..fouling occurs.this leads to misfiring and poor performance..increased emissions and FC decreases..

if the replacement plug has a heat range that is too hot..the results are WORSE!the plugs can become so hot that its temperature ignites the fuel BEFORE the spark ever has a chance to fire,this causes pre-ignition.and u all know this sucks.

to determine if ur plug is of the correct heat range for ur level of mods..and driving styles..u can inspect ur plugs after a pass on the dyno...or a few miles of driving on the street..if the firing end of the plugs is covered in black soot,the plug u have chosen is too COLD.
if the firing end has a tan,light brown or light grey apprearence on the insulator and electrode..u have chose the correct heat range.
but IF the electrodes appear melted or rounded is apparent on the insulator..the heat range u chose is TOO HOT.

basically this is wat u shud know when buying ur plugs.not the increase of hp it would give.

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
if ur car unmodded, i guess stock is the best...

currently i'm using NGK G-power platinum plugs in my 4g13... felt worse than my previous normal plugs...

i havent tried any iridium plugs lar... so no comment... hehe...

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
iridiums more concentrated spark...thus combustion more complete/...my 2 cents...
got 1 brand i forgot,the tip gives out 4 spark...

ping5828

Known Member
Jul 13, 2005
Miri,Malaysia
need to see wat's ur requirement.. branded doesn't mean suitable for ur car.....

PocketRocket : Bosch also got 4 spark de... is tat the brand ??

sysh

Known Member
Sep 19, 2005
KL
probably the only reason why i switched to iridium plugs were cos my old ones were fouled and i had some money to splurge on it

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
.....the power of advertising......

There are still many ppl out there get misled by the gimmickery words such as 'increased horsepower, performance, extreme...etc..advertised on those boxes of car performance items...

sysh

Known Member
Sep 19, 2005
KL
.. so true, alot of people out there are gullible and that where marketing strategy kicks in.. that's life

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
so basically the only way to test out whether which one works best is through trail and error way.. hmm.. thats going to cost a fortune to buy all kinds of spark plug...

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
you dont need to test EVERY BRAND!! just choose the right heat range!~! now that trial and error process is not costly.either too hot or too cold.apa susah?

AxTiara

Known Member
Apr 18, 2006
i'm currently using splitfire...feels better when starting at traffic light...huhuhuhu..

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Saturday morning was the finals for the Shell Helix Ferrari World Challenge. The finals was held at the theme park in Berjaya Times Square, and participants had to compete in eight challenges that including a food tasting test, rollercoaster ride, memory recall, treasure hunt and more. Each challenge worked in a point system format, and participants competed...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience