Where to get transparent plastic rod?

alantan

3,000 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
kl
Visit site
i also wanna do angel eyes but teh progression is too tough la...

aye...initialD..if you done..show us a simple step ok

InitialD

1,000 RPM
Aug 27, 2004
Visit site
KsGoh, I tried to use the kitchen stove fire... it melted it :(
I don't have an oven, and even if I had, I dunno how hot should I set the temperature of the oven.

So I end up using hair dryer to slowly mould it into shape.. took me more than an hour..damn tired now... :blink: In the process of moulding it, I broke the rod a few times already. But finally made it...but it's not perfectly round though...sigh :unsure:

I heard somebody said can buy it for less than RM100 from some car accessories shop... maybe might just take the shortcut and buy the ready made one.

The result of using the gas stove to mould it. Completely ruin it. It cause bubbles to appear inside the rod.

Finally after over an hour of using the hair dryer and a round mug to mould it..but still not perfect.

alantan

3,000 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
kl
Visit site
how much is the plactic rod?
where to get it again?
and also...if put it in oven..what temp should it be?

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
hey i got an idea... when u got to de shape liao... use rough sand paper to make de rod rough... then LED when light shine it... will be very nice..... and even light..

InitialD

1,000 RPM
Aug 27, 2004
Visit site
AlanTan, like I said above, I didn't dare use an oven because:
1) I don't know what temperature to use
2) My toaster oven too small

The rod cost me RM23 or RM27 I think...got it from an art shop called Wins situated by the side of Lim Kok Wing campus in Taman Megah.

The rod is about 6 feet long.

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
InitialD,

to use oven... i suggest u start with a low temp 1st... c whether de rod start to get soft... if not.. adjust it higher.... until u get de right temp. (make sure u preheat de oven 1st :P )

another way is to use hot air gun.. its like a hair blower.. but with higher temp hot air....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

If first impressions weighed in more than a blonde’s opinion on the gross national product of a third world nation, the Volkswagen Scirocco 1.4 TSI would certainly leave more than just a lasting impression in your gleaming eyes.

Next to the Golf that it’s based on, it looks a whole lot better, like Megan Fox next to Ashlee Simpson, attractive nonetheless but just not quite up to...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience