where i can get resin for carbon fiber

tendou

Nov 21, 2009
Klang,Selangor
i just diy carbon fiber for my front lips..but i over used my resin and dunno where to buy it..can anybody suggesting me where i can buy this resin

eohl79

Known Member
Jun 12, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Don't know if it is the same resin used for fiber glass. Last time I bought a fiber glass kit with liquid resin and hardener from Ace hardware to DIY repair my fiber glass side skirting. Maybe you can check the chemical/compound on the bottle and go compare.

tendou

Nov 21, 2009
Klang,Selangor
so is it same resin cf and fiber?can anyone know where this fiber glaas seller around shah alam area?

Rafale

Known Member
Dec 10, 2006
Selangor KLIA
I've minorly involved in some composite repairs years ago, IIRC the resin used in FG repairs were pretty much the same with FC, maybe the ratio of catalyst/resin differs lil bit. I've also heard there's a company selling FC material somewhere at Jln Yap Kwan Seng KL, but can't remember was the exact name.
You could try to find "BIAM Chemical & Engineering" located in Taman Bukit Anggerik, Cheras. I know that they supply a lots of chemicals, epoxy, sealants etc and I think they should have some resin in stock..

tendou

Nov 21, 2009
Klang,Selangor
i buy cf kit from him..but i just need only 1 bottle of resin which only cost mybe rm25..but he only sell for 600ml rm300..

babe.cube

From Facebook
May 20, 2012
www.facebook.com
last week i found the resin with hardener from ACE shop at mid valey, mines and puchong ioi mall. U can find it inside the row of cars stuff line but price is expansive, b4 this i saw a big tin size only rm66 something but rightnow they raise up the price for a small tin is selling the same price as the big bottle size. unfortunately the big tin was sold out n no stock already, those outlet that i went to survey the price tag the same price :banghead: Do u all have any idea to get the resin in cheaper? I also need to buy it to complete the modify for my door panel..

---------- Post added at 01:58 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:54 AM ----------

where can u get the fabric of the fiber glass like real carbon fiber? how much do it cost?

def_lok

Jul 5, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
i have stock about a kilo resin + 1/2 kilo harderner bought at 450myr, but from china. The difference is that if your working on exterior parts that'll exposed to direct sunlight, then it will be a lil bit yellowish.

I've used it on a few projects, left approximately 800gm for resin + 400gm hardener. Wouldn't mind to sell it if offer price is reasonable.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

for my iswara stock....now im using unbrand air filter...i would like 2 change 2 hks....anyone got comment on this modify??? any where can i get the HKS air filter cheap? any one selling..but i want new..no 2nd hand........thanks yaaaa ZTH member !!!!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience