where to buy brembo brakes?

themadwizard

Apr 10, 2007
im looking to change the front brakes of my Civic FD2 to Brembo or VTTR. or any other recommended brake systems? which shop shall i go to buy and install these items? how much does it cost? im thinking of changing the disc rotor to brembo standard or brembo max. but considering to change the whole system if the price is right. come on guys i need your help

thanks guys

es2611

500 RPM
Jan 10, 2006
just to share my experience bro.. brembo std/max is pretty similar to the oem.
so no point getting any of em unless ur trying to replace the existing one cos of warp/damage.

better change the whole system and definitely feel the different.
just my 2cents. cheerio.

themadwizard

Apr 10, 2007
thanks peterj for the link :)

es2611: owh really? i thot that it should be better. thanks for the info. do you know any shops selling brembo kit that fits directly without needing any mod?

thanks guys

es2611

500 RPM
Jan 10, 2006
im not quite sure where u can get those brembo kits but i think sure one of the shop in sunway got it.
the halfcut brembo pointed by peterj can be used but u gotta fabricate the adapters only.

if our looking for cheap/easy solution, buy a better brand brake pads + ss braided hoses.
i did dat and satisfied with it.

dkvcopy

Known Member
Sep 21, 2007
im not quite sure where u can get those brembo kits but i think sure one of the shop in sunway got it.
the halfcut brembo pointed by peterj can be used but u gotta fabricate the adapters only.

if our looking for cheap/easy solution, buy a better brand brake pads + ss braided hoses.
Yes... u r so so right. Last time in my wira EVO3 from stock brakes i change to 4 pot caliper GRIPPEN...it feels not much difference against the original. Now i drive Volvo S80....stock brakes....even better. Best part it....my car more silent....no more LOUD LOUD exhaust system ;-):driver:

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching

the ads i pointed already got bracket that fit fd2.... btw, the item seems sold and the buyer claim got problem, u need find new 1.....:itsme:

es2611

500 RPM
Jan 10, 2006
the ads i pointed already got bracket that fit fd2.... btw, the item seems sold and the buyer claim got problem, u need find new 1.....:itsme:
sorry bro.. i overlooked. anyway price for new brembos will be pricey :biggrin:

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
Yes... u r so so right. Last time in my wira EVO3 from stock brakes i change to 4 pot caliper GRIPPEN...it feels not much difference against the original. Now i drive Volvo S80....stock brakes....even better. Best part it....my car more silent....no more LOUD LOUD exhaust system ;-):driver:
for me, i think 2wd with stock engine, stock brake, good pads, steel braided hose,upgraded brake servo is enough already.... if got extra budget, go change absober and tyres cause they affect braking also although not big.....

for 2wd with high horses, or 4wd car, sometimes stock brake, good pads, steel braided hose,upgraded brake servo is still not enough..... example, my car with evo 4 engine inside,4wd,with front e4 2 pot(294mm disc, bigger then e3),rear e3 disc brake, still not enough,even with steel hose,evo servo, metal king titanium pads all 4 wheels....feel got force pushing forward even brake already......

i think thread starter is going for stylish instead of effective usage?:biggrin: is it?:biggrin::itsme:

stylish is not counted,cause those big brake kits like brembo,endless, ap racing really a poison:itsme::nurse:

es2611

500 RPM
Jan 10, 2006
for me, i think 2wd with stock engine, stock brake, good pads, steel braided hose,upgraded brake servo is enough already.... if got extra budget, go change absober and tyres cause they affect braking also although not big.....

for 2wd with high horses, or 4wd car, sometimes stock brake, good pads, steel braided hose,upgraded brake servo is still not enough..... example, my car with evo 4 engine inside,4wd,with front e4 2 pot(294mm disc, bigger then e3),rear e3 disc brake, still not enough,even with steel hose,evo servo, metal king titanium pads all 4 wheels....feel got force pushing forward even brake already......

i think thread starter is going for stylish instead of effective usage?:biggrin: is it?:biggrin::itsme:

stylish is not counted,cause those big brake kits like brembo,endless, ap racing really a poison:itsme::nurse:
maybe ur right bro. he wanna kill 2 birds with one stone.
wanna see big red calipers behind the rims. sure poison :nurse:

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
maybe ur right bro. he wanna kill 2 birds with one stone.
wanna see big red calipers behind the rims. sure poison :nurse:
yeah.. truly poison:nurse::biggrin:..... i now on my way put brembo into my car ,taken from e5... front pnp but rear i think i cant put in... might leave it as stock, worry ro mod too much,reliable issue

themadwizard

Apr 10, 2007
thanks bros for the infos. looking for both. nice to look n nice when braking also. coz i skimmed my brake once and now need to skim again. so just trying to figure out solutions for the fd brake probs bro...

---------- Post added at 01:28 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:24 AM ----------

what brake pads do you guys recommend to be used with civic FD?

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
there is no brake pad that suitable for certain type of cars, only depend what ur driving style, and what ur requirement, if u drive normally, no high speed braking all the way, slow slow je, stock or 0-300'c pads are enough.... if always hard, high speed braking, drive like in track on the road, at least 0-500'c pads, like"budget pads" (bendix metal king,bendix ultimate,imp..),"branded"( ebc, endless, ferodo)......

btw, i think ur car is normal civic not tyre R right? so the power output seems easily be handled by stock brake je, just upgrade those stuff like we mentioned above, if still not enough, can consider go for aftermarket rotor, slotted and cross drilled, dun slot and cross drill ur current rotor cause it seems thin already...... cause brembo cost a bom nowadays, i currently bought set of brembo, rotor with caliper, rm2k ,that is the lowest price i get, u need service the caliper,reskim the disc, + labour.... the cost of this i think enough for u to do those upgrade ,maybe got some left in ur pocket..... but if u really got lots of $$ and really poisoned, just go for it:driver:

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
I think imo if you need 6 pot brembos in a standard FD2 auto...

Either your driving is really dangerous or honda's brakes are effing bad :burnout:. Haha jokes jokes, why not try EBC greenstuff pads + a SS line upgrade? Its pretty grippy.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

guys, i want to know what are the effects or consequences when ignition coil faulty/damage ? and what kind of damage usually...burned ?

i want to know something like...if the coil got minor damage..then it goes like this bla bla bla, and if the coil got major damage and the car wont start or whatsoever bla bla bla

ok thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience