when turn my steering to left or right got sound ( tak tak tak) at right rim.

chinozie

Very Young Member... :D
Jul 5, 2004
Damansara
4age20v.blogsome.com
try to visit another mech shop...perhaps go to a "big known flashing many car inside the corner lot shop" tyre shop...:hmmmm:

ask them...hear what's their comment...won't cost you anything...just for sake of asking what's the root cause of the sound...

nappx

2,000 RPM
Sep 13, 2005
kLaNG-kEy_tEE
kolver99 - if knuckle bearing issue (idon't know what right term)..cost may around 100 plus for one side..not including labour charge & pressing the bearing (correct arrr), quick think i just use a spare set halfcut knuckle & replace..in your cases i dont know what is in your mind..want to change bearing or ,...up to u (just my opinion only arr...don't shoot me)

Chumpy

Feb 9, 2008
Guys, sorry for the noob question..
What is the meaning of tulang anjing?
Is it lower arm?
I am having a problem with my car..
When going over hump..
Got the kok@tok sound..
Already change the lower arm 2@3 months ago..
FYI i'm using adjustables..

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Is it lower arm?
I am having a problem with my car..
When going over hump..
Got the kok@tok sound..
Already change the lower arm 2@3 months ago..
FYI i'm using adjustables..
Tulang Anjing is referring to the double ball joint that ties the suspension arm to the antiroll bar. It's a wear and tear item

Chumpy

Feb 9, 2008
Tulang Anjing is referring to the double ball joint that ties the suspension arm to the antiroll bar. It's a wear and tear item
Thanks isz..
I guess i need to check the ball joint..
It's kinda irritating to hear the tok@kok sound..

zeus83

500 RPM
Oct 29, 2006
KL-Damansara
chinozie - i already bring my car to the mech for check and they say my CV joint, lower arm no problem. SUSPECT ONLY the bearing problem. maybe the bearing want to K.O already.

zeus83 - i change the CV joint is made from japan but not TOYOTA brand cost rm3++. I already try you step and the sound just like at the center of the rims. only at right side. can it be bearing???zeus83 normally how much for the cost of the each bearing?

now the mech also don't know what to do already......blur........
not sure about the cost, mine is celica ST202, so i used camry 2.2GX C.V. joint, RM200 with labor
bearing, not sure but shdnt be more than RM200

bearing will have squeaking sound when cruising in a straight line...

i think you got my steps wrong :)

its

turn left, if got sound then its ur right hand C.V. joint K.O.
turn right, if got sound then its ur left hand C.V. joint K.O.

Last edited:

tks

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
USJ
Visit site

Note the resemblance between and :biggrin:

This is where it normally is...

1) Mounted to the strut or lower arm, depending on the design of the car
2) Anti-Roll bar
3) mounted to anti roll bar

Other variations may include:

Cheers!

Last edited:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
*errrr....i think this suited more to the dog-bone arm linkage..

FGT

500 RPM
May 19, 2007
I recently changed my rear tulang anjing which holds the ARB. It makes sound when I was at speeds above 120kmh when I depress the accelerator and let the car roll. The sound is like someone is shaking the hell out of my rear suspension...heh.

This tulang anjing is not difficult to check. Just jack the car up and move them or the end of each ARB left & right/up & down. It will make some sound if it's worn out. In my case, koyak dy.. :P

AE!!!925

Oct 1, 2010
sarawak
consider cv joint,drive shaft or tyre bearing,there is another possibility,the bearing on the top of the front shock absorber!!But if the sound comes out only when the car is moving(drive shaft spinning),then please ignore this possibility,it's mostly cause by the drive shaft!!Hope this help!

kolver99

Jan 11, 2010
Penang
Finally i find 1 work shop which they want to change both drive shaft for me and if found still problem will remove back then just need to pay gear box oil for top up.
After change both drive shaft still got the sound and suspect the sound come from the gear box.
The forman say maybe is the gear box bearing sound.
cause after lift up my car and put the streering straight then in the gear also got sound.

huh.........my car make me headache........:burnout:

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

Finally i find 1 work shop which they want to change both drive shaft for me and if found still problem will remove back then just need to pay gear box oil for top up.
After change both drive shaft still got the sound and suspect the sound come from the gear box.
The forman say maybe is the gear box bearing sound.
cause after lift up my car and put the streering straight then in the gear also got sound.

huh.........my car make me headache........:burnout:

SilentSeeker

Jun 20, 2010
Kuching
Erm, last time when my car had this problem, i just took out my drive shaft and cleaned the lobang cos the cv joint cover break and got small stones got into it. Lucky no big damage was done. Try check the cover.

Just my lil opinion. :)

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

just need some reference,since now everything price raising,everything also need calculate to be smart user^^
will u start using lower grade stuff or keep using the regular stuff to maintance ur car?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience