WTA: Problem about Idle RPM not smoothly when turn on air cond.

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

kahwee81

500 RPM
Oct 7, 2007
Kuching,Sarawak
Dear Sifus,

Hi all, im driving a year 93 AE100 stock engine.My RPM drop around 500 rpm when I turn on my car air cond or sometime until engine turn off. Can any ppl noe wat is my engine problem? Is it bcoz of d IAC valve spoil already? I did saw someone is selling d toyota IAC control unit last time, but now cant find d thread n cant remeber where is d thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

danny_rigid

1,500 RPM
Oct 7, 2004
Cheras
www.epmotorclub.com
Just find at halfcut shop lo! Comfirm iac valve!

kahwee81

500 RPM
Oct 7, 2007
Kuching,Sarawak
bro change d ficd dy, now engine is more stable after on d air con. now my setting is 1.2k rpm when idle(din on air con/shift in gear/on head lamp), 0.9k rpm when on air con n 0.8k rpm when shift in gear(auto) and air con. is dis a normal setting? coz after i on air con,rpm did raise a few but drop to 0.9k rpm. isn't it should be back to 1.2k rpm? if i set 1k rpm for idle, my engine rpm will drop untill turn off. o is it i brought a faulty ficd?

spawn_again

Dec 29, 2006
Dear Sifus,

Hi all, im driving a year 93 AE100 stock engine.My RPM drop around 500 rpm when I turn on my car air cond or sometime until engine turn off. Can any ppl noe wat is my engine problem? Is it bcoz of d IAC valve spoil already? I did saw someone is selling d toyota IAC control unit last time, but now cant find d thread n cant remeber where is d thread.

huhu...same with me bro...already ask the a/c shop but they all said donno...somemore worst is there's a leakage,1month all the gas gone oledi...but i'm driving SVT(se limited)...if someone can help us..plss..

scomatic

2,000 RPM
Sep 20, 2005
Kota Bharu, Kel
ermm... are the air cond is on... the car become abit heavy than usual? I face this problem, but dunno is same or not...

wilm3

500 RPM
Aug 4, 2005
KL
ermm... are the air cond is on... the car become abit heavy than usual? I face this problem, but dunno is same or not...
i think this is normal cos few 'ekor' of horse were taken to run the air cond pump...

scomatic

2,000 RPM
Sep 20, 2005
Kota Bharu, Kel
i think this is normal cos few 'ekor' of horse were taken to run the air cond pump...
no.. i didn't mean that... i mean... when air cond is on are it heavy than previously you on the air cond or not?

if yes, pls check the compressor... i think inside might got a little bit jam... same do i last time faced... conclusion... try swap another compressor... then you will know... are it really a little bit jam or not...

Raymond_Hu

500 RPM
Oct 26, 2004
Cheras
Visit site
Mine also having idling problem but different. The idling when to 1.2kprm when aircon on. If off air-con the idling is shooting to 2krpm.

Anybody know what may be the problem?

BDK8671

Known Member
Nov 14, 2007
i think for SVT ......the AFM oso can make the problem of the stability of the rpm .....
juz my 2 cent la ....hehe :proud:

dennisdreams

Known Member
Feb 15, 2006
you should try disassemble your throttler body and do a full cleaning, i once face almost the same problem and cleaning the TB really work. remember to clean all the vacuum piping as well.

chinozie

Very Young Member... :D
Jul 5, 2004
Damansara
4age20v.blogsome.com
possibilities :

1) AFM no so nice already...try to swap with your colleague...see the idling on both car...

2) ISCV clogs...clean it

pics after 1st attempt cleaning the ISCV

3) TB (throttle body) too dirty...go and clean it...

Still cannot...go find your self a mechanic...

SE.G

Known Member
Nov 24, 2006
Sarawak
hello guys,i have problems with related with aircond too,when iever im not using aircond the idling is quite stable around 800-900rpm,but it will shoot up to 1.3-1.5k rpm when i TURN ON the aircond,its the reverse effect as compare with other engines,i have face this from my 4afe days till today after I change my engine to svt.....puzzle puzzle :hmmmm:

spawn_again

Dec 29, 2006
thanks to chinoize,scomatic,dennisdreams and bdk8671 for some clues...after i'll find the answer i'll try to post the root cause here...thanks again bros...

artnet

1,500 RPM
Jan 19, 2004
Sarawak
www.cardomain.com
hello guys,i have problems with related with aircond too,when iever im not using aircond the idling is quite stable around 800-900rpm,but it will shoot up to 1.3-1.5k rpm when i TURN ON the aircond,its the reverse effect as compare with other engines,i have face this from my 4afe days till today after I change my engine to svt.....puzzle puzzle :hmmmm:
same problem as me dude... will send to mechanic tomorrow.
although i have no RPM meter. but i can feel it isn't normal.
used to own svt, bt... the current ride is with 4AFE, having this
problem same as my BT. SVT is damn low rpm.. totally opposite.
for both cases.

one thing i notice for this BT and 4AFE, the rpm rise when the
temperature gets colder. like after a cruising come to a stop.
rpm rises high then slowly come back to normal again.

it causes high fuel consumption! RM100 for 300km only.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

It seems like forever and some more since English automakers Arash first let slip on the plans for their supercar, the AF-10. While it might seem dead in the water, but finally after five years of research and development, the car has been put through a 3D modeling program in the crawl towards final production...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience