when turn my steering to left or right got sound ( tak tak tak) at right rim.

kolver99

Jan 11, 2010
Penang
To all Sifu,

Need advice from Sifu what when wrong to my car AE111. when i turn my car steering to left or right ( car moving ) got sound ( tak tak tak ) at the right rim ( driver side ). lastime just not always got this sound but now almost every time when turn the steering got this sound.

NEED HELP..........:bawling:

Thanks for advice.......

Last edited:

slowferrari

Jul 6, 2010
Putrajaya
check your nuts on your wheels, it might have been loose, or the bolt might have loose, you cant see the bolt is loose, so, take off your tire, then check it, check both. It happens to my Naza Ria, once i changed it to fit new rims, later in few months it has the clicking sounds. Then, i send back to the workshop, they changed the bolt, now the car is fine.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
yep...

more likely cv joint at the driveshaft was faulty...

kolver99

Jan 11, 2010
Penang
hi all sifu,

i already change the CV joint cost around $3++ already full set.

Need more advice.....:bawling:

KieD

Apr 22, 2009
hi all sifu,

i already change the CV joint cost around $3++ already full set.

Need more advice.....:bawling:
ur frt wheel bearing maybe.. check first.if ur cv is local mayb cv still the probs.

kolver99

Jan 11, 2010
Penang
KieD - i change the CV joint is not a local ( made in japan). how to confirm is bearing problem??? will the dry shape can cause this sound also???

FGT

500 RPM
May 19, 2007
KieD - i change the CV joint is not a local ( made in japan). how to confirm is bearing problem??? will the dry shape can cause this sound also???
jack both wheels off the ground and shake them all about to check for freeplay..

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
yep..next step..
check all the linkage on that area....most probably steering tie-rod end (ball joint) or lower arm bushing already pecah...

chinozie

Very Young Member... :D
Jul 5, 2004
Damansara
4age20v.blogsome.com
like on of the funniest ZTH member said...

leave that mech shop now...

hahahahaa...

kolver99 - you need to ask your mech what wrong with it...perhaps that CV / drive shaft is not in good condition...since you said you bhought it from half-cut shop...ask him to
replace it...

you can check yourself if there's any free play on the CV...
jack you car...
find a rod connected from your wheel to your gearbox...move it in and out...see if there's any free play...if do...ask your mech to changed it to a better one...!

bearing sound won't give you that kind of sound...it will give you "humming" sound when you're driving on the highway ...you can check it like FGT mentioned...

good luck on the findings...

zeus83

500 RPM
Oct 29, 2006
KL-Damansara
kolver99,

probably, C.V. joint (price around RM 180 or less, made in japan, not toyota brand)

nways follow these steps:

1.Start ur car
2.Fully turn the steering wheel clockwise (as if ur turning right)
3.step on the pedal, slowly
4.if you hear the ( tak tak tak ) sound, then ur left C.V. joint needs to be changed
5.repeat steps 2, 3 & 4 for the right hand C.V. joint

PS:Lower arm or ball joints will be noisy on bumpy roads.
if the wheel is not fit in properly, then ur whole car will Wobble

hope this helps!

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

If you're a car nut, hardcore or even retired, you have to join us this Sunday at the TIMETOATTACK Sepang Round 1 (May 20th 2012) for our biggest comeback since 2010! It is still Malaysia's most celebrated time attack event. Everyone's invited to experience the all-day circuit event that features performance cars...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience