Clutch no pressure, not returning quickly

=..=

Aug 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Would like to ask my clutch feels soft and does not return immediately after press. feels like no pressure.

im guessing it is the clutch master cylinder. car running on twin plate exedy. current pump stock gsr ck.

Can i send to repair at normal service workshop, with normal spare parts? my normal workshop quite far and dont think i can drive there.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Let your mechanic check first, but anyway if it is the master cylinder, need to check the internals. If worn, better change the whole unit. I did once repairing with clutch kit but did not last. Nowadays mostly change when have problem, as most of the time will leak hydraulic fluid......

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Would like to ask my clutch feels soft and does not return immediately after press. feels like no pressure.

im guessing it is the clutch master cylinder. car running on twin plate exedy. current pump stock gsr ck.

Can i send to repair at normal service workshop, with normal spare parts? my normal workshop quite far and dont think i can drive there.
Can even be DIY at home but i suggest to get both master and slave pump service together.

U can choose to change only the pump seal or the piston kit as its about the dimension of the seal/piston inside the pump. That is...if the cylinder wall inside the pump is still good.

=..=

Aug 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Let your mechanic check first, but anyway if it is the master cylinder, need to check the internals. If worn, better change the whole unit. I did once repairing with clutch kit but did not last. Nowadays mostly change when have problem, as most of the time will leak hydraulic fluid......
checked the fluid still full but have 'black dirt' inside.

=..=

Aug 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Can even be DIY at home but i suggest to get both master and slave pump service together.

U can choose to change only the pump seal or the piston kit as its about the dimension of the seal/piston inside the pump. That is...if the cylinder wall inside the pump is still good.
does it need some kind of heavy duty performance clutch pump? or just any will do?

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
does it need some kind of heavy duty performance clutch pump? or just any will do?
I have same problem , gsr too. Clutch pedal not return.
Change both master, slave pump, change y- fork ...still same.
End up open whole clutch assembly, ahh bearing koyak. All settle.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

Sounds like a simple flush case if you don't have any clutch fluid leak.

Lemonish

Mar 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
In my case, the clutch pedal doesn't return at all.
Sent to a workshop and they replaced the master clutch pump.

Yours is the clutch pedal still returns to its place but just slowly, so could be this, or could be other reasons

Reactions: Izso

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
In my case, the clutch pedal doesn't return at all.
Sent to a workshop and they replaced the master clutch pump.

Yours is the clutch pedal still returns to its place but just slowly, so could be this, or could be other reasons
Got this once too, at first return slow, then slower, later on it started to leak......:banghead:

=..=

Aug 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
well changed the lower pump for some stock pump and now working. mechanic said will not last long maybe few months.

recommended wilwood or avs, those not in stock for this engine anywhere so order from supplier first, later this one spoil then change again..

Reactions: Izso

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Before you get disappointed watching the full video, let me be the first to tell you that there isn't any drifting in this video, it only shows some track footage of Nobushige Kumakubo's new Team Orange Nissan Laurel that he will be hoping to debut somewhere in the early stages of the season.

The switch to a Laurel was brought on by the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience