When to change disc rotor?

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Its my own opinion, but may not be true....

Why skim at RM45 per side when you can buy new, Made in Germany rotor disc at RM89 ?

So the choice is yours....

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Why skim at RM45 per side when you can buy new, Made in Germany rotor disc at RM89 ?

Per pc? Maybe not made in Germany. I bought mine also quite cheap RM210 per pair, so I suspect Made in China because Japanese Brand name.....:hmmmm:

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Per pc? Maybe not made in Germany. I bought mine also quite cheap RM210 per pair, so I suspect Made in China because Japanese Brand name.....:hmmmm:
Got to check my receipt again, if im not mistaken its "LAMFORDER" brand...

Made in Germany ? Or could be Made in Balakong?

hahaha......

amrancharger

500 RPM
Jul 19, 2006

eventhou it may not made in germany but a new disc will always have a peace of mind when driving. :driver:

it is always better to skim on board to make sure your disc are skimmed correctly and does not vibrate after the skimming process.
if not u will waste a good sump of money and u might regret skimming and might as well bought new disc and treat all of us teh tarik. hehehe.... :burnout:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
eventhou it may not made in germany but a new disc will always have a peace of mind when driving. :driver:

it is always better to skim on board to make sure your disc are skimmed correctly and does not vibrate after the skimming process.
if not u will waste a good sump of money and u might regret skimming and might as well bought new disc and treat all of us teh tarik. hehehe.... :burnout:
Not on board also okay. All depends on the skill of the one doing it, even for the on board ones...

amrancharger

500 RPM
Jul 19, 2006
Not on board also okay. All depends on the skill of the one doing it, even for the on board ones...
thats the problem now...everyone claim to be pro...have the latest machine but outcome still not up to expectation. :bawling:
even for wheel alignment i would rather search tyre shop doing it without those computerize machine.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
thats the problem now...everyone claim to be pro...have the latest machine but outcome still not up to expectation. :bawling:
even for wheel alignment i would rather search tyre shop doing it without those computerize machine.
Yup, explained before that even if computerized, person must know how to use, how to read the specs, how to call out the particular car specs, do calibration and so on.....:driver:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Alignment without machines also depends on how good is that mech, mostly so far mine using computerised and they will test nicely and make sure everything is align then pass to me. If i test, still not accurate they will adjust manually like tightening something behind the wheels..not sure what they do though...

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Alignment without machines also depends on how good is that mech, mostly so far mine using computerised and they will test nicely
and make sure everything is align then pass to me. If i test, still not accurate they will adjust manually like tightening something
behind the wheels..not sure what they do though...
Yes, bores down to the person skill, with or without machine....

If your steering is still not straight, they actually do adjustment again. Depending on your complain, they shift the locking nut by half turn or quarter turn, and counter the change on the other side, means this side plus, the other side minus to make your steering straight.
Those that remove the steering wheel and shift, probably you should not go back there anymore.....hahahahahahaha:biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Just alignment lari a bit only bro amranchanger :rofl:

davidlow7

Known Member
Sep 24, 2004
Actually I wouldn't advise doing skim as rotors are not really that expensive if you are getting from the right source.

For Myvi it is about RM160.. Bosch Rotors.. and they are genuine 100% provided the source you are getting from.

Wira should be slightly cheaper

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Actually I wouldn't advise doing skim as rotors are not really that expensive if you are getting from the right source.

For Myvi it is about RM160.. Bosch Rotors.. and they are genuine 100% provided the source you are getting from.

Wira should be slightly cheaper
Yeah, I think skimming rotor is a dying trade...

Gone are the days people skim their rotors...

Too thin will create other braking issues, better buy new rotors, peace of mind, last for at least another 200,000 to 300,000km...:burnout:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

my iswara just got broken into last night.. some fucker took my LA amp.. well, i dunno if i can consider myself lucky because i guess that fucker didnt have time to take anything else notably my ss amp and player.. u know what that fucker took? he took one amp, my coin box, and my fucking school bag! with all my fucking notes in it! he left my calculator and pencil box behind but took my bag! what a fucking prick! i'm sorry for the foul language but im damn annoyed now.. never ever park ur...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience