What is the fuel consumption for A32 3.0L V6?

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
decat will definitely help, cause your cat maybe clog after so many years of usage.

also try
- change fuel filter
- change air filter
- clean the afm

dream.tent

500 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
KL
www.cardomain.com
Dream.tent and other sifus, about FC, I'm driving with ori A32 rim and tyre. FC is very good on highway, 18cents/km, but town driving, 28 cents/km. Previously I have the engine die off problem, but since I service the throttle body, the problem solve except that the FC still 28cents/km. Anything that I should look into it, overhaul the top? Any suggestion. One mechanic say I should also change the exhaust piping (piping from cat-converter to the rear part) after I de-cat, will this help? hope some one can help here. Thanks
Hi Ming Fei,

I'm doing 25cents/km mix town/highway now.
Original exhaust..(6 years old)

Suggest to have O2 sensor. Engine might be running a bit rich if O2 sensor is dead.

Changing exhaust will help but you are not fixing your original problem...(IMHO, you need to know why engine is drinking 28cents/km first loh)

Cheers..

ongteckweng

5,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
yes, do check ur rear muffler n catalytic converter. u c, with the age of our rides, they usually rot n stuff with carbons n loose fibers. hence contributing to bad FC on town driving. u can de-cat n change the rear muffler but pls find a good muffler n not those chop wei yip type...

ming_fei

Nov 24, 2007
Weikee, I have k&n air filter, but yet to change the fuel filter and clean the afm, will check these items. Thanks.

Dream.tent, I had an engine dianosed on my A32 last month and found that only knock sensor is faulty, so changed already. O2 sensors are OK. Anyway, what is the best method to check if the O2 sensor is dead? And how to determine it is running rich? What is the figure to check on?

Ong, I had de-cat and replace with only straight pipe in JFA, but someone said it is not the correct way. They said I still need a box instead of straight pipe. Lately, a mechanic said I should also change the exhaust piping after the cat-converter until the muffler.??? Ong, any good one that you can recommend?

Thanks for all the reply. Have a good holiday.

dream.tent

500 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
KL
www.cardomain.com
Since you dyno your car, they should tell you if your engine running ok.
from their Exhaust O2 sensor, they can tell if your engine is running lean or rich already.

dream.tent

500 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
KL
www.cardomain.com
Has been sometime since i visit ZTH loh.
Yah..change rim liao.

ming_fei

Nov 24, 2007
Dream.tent, after they changed the knock sensor, they dyno again and just say every is ok liao... every reading is about there-mah..... that is the wording that make me think they are doing it as "agar-agar" only and not expert leh!!! SO any good one to recommend for dyno ah?
One more thing, there is a sound of wrek....wrek when I pass through a bump, before and after. There is also sound of banging steel when I turn the steering wheel from one side to the other end (when the car is in stop position), klok...klok.... sound, what is this ah? any sifu can tell. Before this I had change the lower arm ball head, steering tie and some bushes st both side. Thanks

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
you can install a o2 sensor, get the Apexi Auto timer. That one is not bad, can have O2 and battery Voltage measurement.

dream.tent

500 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
KL
www.cardomain.com
Dream.tent, after they changed the knock sensor, they dyno again and just say every is ok liao... every reading is about there-mah..... that is the wording that make me think they are doing it as "agar-agar" only and not expert leh!!! SO any good one to recommend for dyno ah?
One more thing, there is a sound of wrek....wrek when I pass through a bump, before and after. There is also sound of banging steel when I turn the steering wheel from one side to the other end (when the car is in stop position), klok...klok.... sound, what is this ah? any sifu can tell. Before this I had change the lower arm ball head, steering tie and some bushes st both side. Thanks
Sorry for the snail like reply...
PM me your contact and i'll call you when i'm back in town bro.

ming_fei

Nov 24, 2007
Wah lau eh... Petrol RM 2.70 per liter and going to touch RM 4 per liter in August..... chiak lat liao.......

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

First of all, we would like to show our greatest appreciation to Scholl Concepts Asia for giving us the opportunity to try our their new professional line products. We are proud to be able to work with wetshine.net on this particular combo detailing with the help of Scholl Concepts products. Our client has bring to us a Toyota...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience