what hose for CAI?

Lord_darkslide

Known Member
Oct 19, 2005
hello.. just wanna give a bump to this topic..hehehe

ok.. about 3 month edi i started my CAI diy project.... so here is the update how the cai now....

as for many reasonable doubt about the CAI working in rainny days plus speeding on the highway.... i found that the CAI didnt give me any problem so far during rainny days....

BUT....

pls be warn to clean ur air filter box as often as u can... mebbe every car wash.. like wat i do is... every time i wash my car... i take out the air filter and give it a vaccum... or ketuk2 here and there...wat happen when i didnt clean my air filter box for about 3 weeks.... i found out that too many sand inside my air box... probably because im driving in the rain a lot plus i use federal road oni... no highway.... (seri manjung to kuala kangsar no highway oh... and the construction at the roadside... damnnn)

so my advise... pls clean ur air filter as much as u can... if u lazy... dun install CAI... its just gonna make ur car worse oni... heheheh

dun fire me.. just my experience.....

bye

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
yeap.... properly installed CAI wont face any problems with rain or water splashing into ur air filter.... but of coz, many things will be sucked into ur airbox (ie. insects, dust, sand, small stones).... make sure u clean ur airfilter or airbox more often....

tunedN/A

Aug 23, 2006
sHaZ said:
mine...i used 4x4 aircond hose 3 1/2"...rm3/feet..very cheap one hehe
4x4...aircon hose yea..good fitting aa???....mmm...idea...

AhLun

Known Member
May 8, 2005
JB
Today whole morning thinking of how to make heatshield for my Air Filter. Think until very dulan ( frustrated). Then got a feeling want to DIY CAI. Found some small hose in my storeroom.
This are my CAI pic..
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v441/AhLunn/IMAGE_00007-1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v441/AhLunn/IMAGE_00006-1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v441/AhLunn/IMAGE_00005-1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v441/AhLunn/IMAGE_00004-1.jpg

Hope all shifu here dont laugh at me..:sad_smile:

siong

Known Member
Nov 14, 2005
anybody interested to buy a CAI hose? Its a custom made from Ninja bro. i bought it but i cant use it. It has no use for me at all. So anybody interested?

siong

Known Member
Nov 14, 2005
sorry its a 2.5" 4 feet long
i bought it for RM40.
so if anybody interested jump pm me k. give me a reasonable price n i will sell it off to u.. ^^

magixk

Known Member
Oct 6, 2006
I have a fren who DIY CAI with his own hose...I heard scary story from him.

He said one time got a bird fly too low, got hit on his bumper and somehow the bird got into the CAI hose. He didnt realize, juz thought the bird got hit on bumper and died on road. So after a few days he notice funny smell from engine compartment. He smell closely found out is from the hose.

He said first he notice got feathers come out when he shoot water in reverse direction out of the hose den nightmare cos the bird corpse drop out after that with the worms...i listen to him i oso wanna puke...

den he also said sometimes got bugs fly into the hose to the air filter, got squashed...very hard to clean he say...

Lord_darkslide said:
hello.. just wanna give a bump to this topic..hehehe

ok.. about 3 month edi i started my CAI diy project.... so here is the update how the cai now....

as for many reasonable doubt about the CAI working in rainny days plus speeding on the highway.... i found that the CAI didnt give me any problem so far during rainny days....

BUT....

pls be warn to clean ur air filter box as often as u can... mebbe every car wash.. like wat i do is... every time i wash my car... i take out the air filter and give it a vaccum... or ketuk2 here and there...wat happen when i didnt clean my air filter box for about 3 weeks.... i found out that too many sand inside my air box... probably because im driving in the rain a lot plus i use federal road oni... no highway.... (seri manjung to kuala kangsar no highway oh... and the construction at the roadside... damnnn)

so my advise... pls clean ur air filter as much as u can... if u lazy... dun install CAI... its just gonna make ur car worse oni... heheheh

dun fire me.. just my experience.....

bye

siong

Known Member
Nov 14, 2005
hahahaha... hie ninja bro :) i cant use the pipe.. hehe

AhLun

Known Member
May 8, 2005
JB
ninja_iga said:
AhLun

why not buy a CAI hose from me, or since Siong wanna sell..
that hose is much more effective and works very well too.

cheers!
Later i will buy it.. That day nothing to do then qing cai take a hose and do it loh.:shades_smile:

AhLun

Known Member
May 8, 2005
JB
magixk said:
I have a fren who DIY CAI with his own hose...I heard scary story from him.

He said one time got a bird fly too low, got hit on his bumper and somehow the bird got into the CAI hose. He didnt realize, juz thought the bird got hit on bumper and died on road. So after a few days he notice funny smell from engine compartment. He smell closely found out is from the hose.

He said first he notice got feathers come out when he shoot water in reverse direction out of the hose den nightmare cos the bird corpse drop out after that with the worms...i listen to him i oso wanna puke...

den he also said sometimes got bugs fly into the hose to the air filter, got squashed...very hard to clean he say...
Walou.. nice story!!!!! :emoticon_U:

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
JB
walao...
the bird story realy gross la...
btw..
u guys can try getting those cover from accessory shop...
where they use to cover the hole for woofer box...

hav to check my airbox frequently d....
byw...
bugs/leaves/small branches is normal la...
heehee

idhammuchtar

Nov 5, 2006
(wta)-diy Cai

I'm just wondering if i put the hose from inside cabin directly to intake manifold. Or more on that, install it from Air-Cond hose directly to intake manifold(make one hole, and put a intake hose on it)We can get pure cool air to suck from air intake. Is it possible?What did u guys think?

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
idhammuchtar said:
I'm just wondering if i put the hose from inside cabin directly to intake manifold. Or more on that, install it from Air-Cond hose directly to intake manifold(make one hole, and put a intake hose on it)We can get pure cool air to suck from air intake. Is it possible?What did u guys think?
that would be pure suicidal....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

A rather dismal images of what seems to be the shop floor of a spark plug manufacturing operation in China.

To be clear, there is very little in the way of information to color what we’re seeing in these images, but the overall picture is one of rather scary working conditions. Cramped workbenches, metal shavings in every corner of the room, as well as what looks like up close and personal handling...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience