What Happen to my tyres!!!

Gh0sT

Known Member
Nov 6, 2004
???
cardomain.com
hi, any sifu can tell my what caused this and will it affect anything?

just came back from sepang track,

1) maybe it was because at some corners i didn't take the racing line and caused unnecessary stress on the tires and caused this?

2) maybe the tires are over inflated or under inflated?

It only happened to the front tires, rear tires don't have this problem.

so any suggestions on what should i do???

pictures are here...
http://img180.imageshack.us/i/30082009739.jpg
http://img180.imageshack.us/i/30082009737.jpg
http://img180.imageshack.us/i/30082009740.jpg
http://img180.imageshack.us/i/30082009734.jpg

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
dont look anything wrong to me....after spirited driving my neova's also got that edge thing...pek corner alot kua

egiewan

500 RPM
Jul 31, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
It's normal...dun worry. Once you drive normally in a couple of days, it should level out. What tires are those? Looks familiar...R1R?

Gh0sT

Known Member
Nov 6, 2004
???
cardomain.com
yeah, its r1r...

level out ar? some areas is like 50% left....and the tires are 2 weeks old :( :( :(

Last edited:

chinozie

Very Young Member... :D
Jul 5, 2004
Damansara
4age20v.blogsome.com
thats mean ur tire pressure kinda low when u in SIC... & pek corner kao kao...
agreed...low pressure...

Gh0sT - what pressure are running with ?

look at the Parada Spec 2...even worst...sidewall to damn soft...
too loose...scraping all over the corner...under kaw2...

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
I reccomend car tires 2 psi harder than normal for trackdays.

On track, the loads are higher, due to harder cornering.

But after every stint I check to make sure the tires haven't gone up too hard la

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
I reccomend car tires 2 psi harder than normal for trackdays.

On track, the loads are higher, due to harder cornering.

But after every stint I check to make sure the tires haven't gone up too hard la
if normal i'm using 32psi, then goto sic, make it 34psi...??
thats confirm eat grass 1st, then eat sand, after last few corner, eat rocks loo...:banghead:

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
did u went up the apex on the left side at one corner.....
if u went over it at high speed.....its eats up the thread unevenly.....that was based on my own experience, R1R too.......only 1 side, front LH.

Gh0sT

Known Member
Nov 6, 2004
???
cardomain.com
did u went up the apex on the left side at one corner.....
if u went over it at high speed.....its eats up the thread unevenly.....that was based on my own experience, R1R too.......only 1 side, front LH.
yeah, mostly on turn 9...same lo, mine also on front LH. front RH also got but not so obvious.
so your r1r still usable? did u do anything to the tires after that?

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
if normal i'm using 32psi, then goto sic, make it 34psi...??
thats confirm eat grass 1st, then eat sand, after last few corner, eat rocks loo...:banghead:
hihihi..over inflated..:rofl:
JINIELSEN, angrysnail,

Not so. With the 2 psi harder pressure, there is less sidewall deflection, meaning the tires contact patch to the road is more stable. As u know tire threads have better grip than sidewall. hahaha

This piece of advice was given to me by a Chassis Engineer, Tengku Djan Ley, himself.And ever since then my sidewalls are better for it.

I have driven on tires such as RE050, RE 070, AD07, Eagle Assymetric Conti CSC3 with up to 34-36 psi, and there is no loss of traction.

after 3 laps i check my pressure it was up to 40psi, so i let it go some air to 35 psi...
Ghost,

Bear in mind also when you measured at 40 psi, the tire's are hot.

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
this happen to my T1R also...the worst part is.. when i drive my car...the sterring doesn't feel right...when i take a corner..it feels like i turned too much..or sometimes even too little..not sure how to explain...all i know...i checked my tie rods and joints...everthing is fine..im assuming its my tires ...my sidewall looks like it dissapeared...haihs...have to get new tires.

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
JINIELSEN, angrysnail,

Not so. With the 2 psi harder pressure, there is less sidewall deflection, meaning the tires contact patch to the road is more stable. As u know tire threads have better grip than sidewall. hahaha

This piece of advice was given to me by a Chassis Engineer, Tengku Djan Ley, himself.And ever since then my sidewalls are better for it.

I have driven on tires such as RE050, RE 070, AD07, Eagle Assymetric Conti CSC3 with up to 34-36 psi, and there is no loss of traction.
bro, difren sizes is difren psi right..??
then if 195/55-15, how many psi shld put in..??

if u said those tires at above is 17" & above, then i understand la... 34-36psi...

this happen to my T1R also...the worst part is.. when i drive my car...the sterring doesn't feel right...when i take a corner..it feels like i turned too much..or sometimes even too little..not sure how to explain...all i know...i checked my tie rods and joints...everthing is fine..im assuming its my tires ...my sidewall looks like it dissapeared...haihs...have to get new tires.
me too... just changed the T1R, the whole car like swing swing here & there...
after i measures the width of the T1R, the contact patch, with the same 195/55-15, the T1R r 3/4"inches or up to 1"inches(difren tire pressure) lesser than AD07... no wonder the tire r 1.2-1.5kgs lighter than AD07... no wonder the car won't b as stable as the tire i'm using b4...
btw, the side wall oso kinda soft... wtf...:banghead:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Currently my wira is mivec 1.8, My fren has a rvr engine without gb and he said he can trade in my engine and install d rvr engine in my car with little bit of top up and he will do all d necessary paperworks.

My questions is:
He said can use back my mivec gb, since d rvr comes without gb,but is it advisable?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience