What car to buy? (Part 2)

Ahmad K

Oct 1, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Hi, I'm new here. Name's Ahmad. It seems that people play around with local cars only. how bout continental cars like VW? Is it difficult to find spare parts or what?

TheVWFan

Sep 29, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
well yea definitely. spare parts are expensive. still, i think the VW market is growing what with the launch of 3 fab cars: passat cc, scirocco, and golf gti

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
If people have options then they just play around with local car... and wallet provide option list...

JacksonT

Sep 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
In the end it all boils down to the wallet. Or else I'm sure those who are concerned with social status would not confine themselves to our local makes

ez64

Dec 29, 2008
Currently just started working for abt 1.5 years so better start slow. Thats why i choose putra. Besides other cars such as dc2, 180sx, Civic all can't get loan. So very less option.

ez64

Dec 29, 2008
Personal loan really high interest. If you don't have anything else to pay for nvr mind la but i still got to support my mum and siblings. So really have to give a deep thought before buying anything. Plus personal loan can only go abt 10X yr current pay.

LuKa

500 RPM
Jul 14, 2005
Kedah
putra is quite a good car.. not too fancy when stock.. but it has potential to be an wyw turner for a coupe... im sure there's a lot of body kits to match.. and mechanical wise.. u can share with any 4G Series engine.. but if you plan to use it just a couple of years.. i think its better to get a Honda civic from EF to Ek Models.. resale value is quite promising even without a V.tec engine, since its depreciation value is less... the problem is... civics mostly dont have loan already.. only for the last EJ models..

ez64

Dec 29, 2008
But if i've restored the putra well than i will not sell it. Maybe keep it as a weekend car. By the way can anyone suggest good suspension & absorber for putra. Besides may i know how much will it cost to service putra's air cond.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
yeah...since you've restored your putra, must as well keep it.
depends how much your budget for absorbers? adjustables? sports? or just springs?

also u wanna service your compressor? blower? condensor? or cooling coil? the foremen will ask u...or service the whole aircond system?

ez64

Dec 29, 2008
Bro how much is the cost to service the entire air cond system since i don't know which part is the problem one. For suspension, what type can u suggest and brand. Current i'm using monroe with eibach spring but already reaching the end of it's life period. I'm using 17" sport rim. What type can u recommend for a comfortable and nice performance condition.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

UMW Toyota Motor Sdn Bhd recently launched their “Tyre Weekend Fair” that’s in-line with their Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) programme at selected Toyota Service Centres.

<!--more-->The programme will run from 1<sup>st</sup> July till 30<sup>th</sup> September 2012 and they are offering an affordable selection of new tyres, especially for those who will be making their way...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience