Ways to remove stubborn stickers

cloud

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
Do u guys know any effective method to remove stickers?
I mean those stubborn one..
I got one on the windscreen for very long and I wanna tear it down but if I tear off the sticker forcefully, sure it'll leave a big mark on the windscreen...
Any ideas? :rolleyes:

johnsonlam

DIY King
Nov 17, 2003
Balik Pulau, KL
Originally posted by cloud@Dec 17 2003, 11:00 PM
Do u guys know any effective method to remove stickers?
I mean those stubborn one..
I got one on the windscreen for very long and I wanna tear it down but if I tear off the sticker forcefully, sure it'll leave a big mark on the windscreen...
Any ideas? :rolleyes:
Oh.. For windscreen is very simple. Just use Petrol, wet it for a few minutes, keep dropping petrol on the sticker to make it wet (Not too much until drip all over your car). Then slowly use a Metal Ruler and scrap it off from the side.

simplythebest

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Selangor

Price RM 19.50

B)

citrus power and scientific technology combine to defeat the toughest stains.

*stickers
*scuff marks
*candle wax
*make up
*shoe polish
*tape
*oil
*tree sap
*glue
*wet paint
*asphalt
*grease

cloud

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
Thanks for the feedback guys...
Time to get rid of the annoying glue... B)
Simplythebest...why got pokemon poster behind one? Hehe...
Anyway, thanks for the iniatiative to show me what the product looks like... :lol:

simplythebest

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Selangor
Originally posted by syiokGILER@Dec 18 2003, 01:10 PM
simplythebest

makan cat tak .. takut kang cat pung cair ;)
tak berapa pasti, cuba try kat on an item yang unwanted punye.
I think should be fine, no problem at all B)

simplythebest

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Selangor
Originally posted by cloud@Dec 18 2003, 06:15 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys...
Time to get rid of the annoying glue... B)
Simplythebest...why got pokemon poster behind one? Hehe...
Anyway, thanks for the iniatiative to show me what the product looks like... :lol:
:lol: I stick some posters for fun. :P

no problem B)

Bert

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Muddy Delta
Visit site
Cheap way to get rid, use engine degreaser or carburettor cleaner. Just dont get it on yoru paint. Heck I use it on my paint but I wax it up after that.

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
my friend got a second hand car and the previous owner(a dumb ass) used UHU glue on her windscreen to stick the smart tag and when the car was sold to my friend, there was this big hard piece of hardened UHU glue stain. quite impossible to remove as we've tried lots of methods and the last resort is to use a sandpaper but i'm afraid it'll scratch the windscreen. now can anyone tell me if this GOOGONE method be able to remove this stupid UHU glue hardened stain.

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
oh yah, one more thing regarding my car. my car old road tax left some sticker stain on my windscreen but i'm afraid of using some chemicals like petrol, alcohol on my tinted windscreen. i'm just not sure if it'll damage the tint but i've sticked the new road tax below the stain so that i'll be able to remove the stain some other time.

Bert

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Muddy Delta
Visit site
For tint, dont use any petrol based cleaners as it may damage your tint.

However, goo-gone may be able to help with the problem but I havent used it b4.

DJmobile

500 RPM
Dec 13, 2003
:huh: Try using THINNER, apply a little. if you rub too hardly it might leave a scratch. From my exp , THINNER helps to remove sturbbon glue or stains easily....I had similar problems b4 which was my body stickers left unsightly glue stains after i removed them. Thinner was the answer....... :lol:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I've installed pivot ignition earth on my toyota wish two weeks ago. The torque has improved but my FC seems to have dropped. Was quite disappointed as I installed this more for the FC improvement. I also noticed that the effect on city driving is more. Anyone facing the same problem? Is this expected? I'm contemplating to uninstall the cable. Comment?

:mad:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience