Water to Air Intercooler

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
Where can I find this locally? Or who can custom it locally?

Should be better than air to air intercooler. Only prob is the water pump.

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
Tobs got 'jalan'? Hard to talk to him le... easier to talk to Thomas instead.

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
His mood damn weird... sometimes, he can talk a lot but many times... always look sour (so, not recommended).

But, seriously... Water to Air solution will save a lot piping works for me. And, most likely reliable in the long run. Just remember to change the water every now and then. Plus, can get rid of the Air to Air intercooler n make the car look stock NA.

jo1

Known Member
Dec 8, 2004
do you know it tend to heat soak when u drive in a jamned, unless you have a super duper heat exchanger for the water or a high capacity water tank in your trunk. but, for race only car definitely it a good investment.

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
Well, it has a radiator + fan which will sit in place of the stock air to air intercooler position. Plus, it uses shorter pipes from turbo to TB.

jo1

Known Member
Dec 8, 2004
well it only the beginning..... if you drive to kl during peak hour you will know what i'm talking about. The biggest PWR radiator for water to air is around 13"x11.5"x1.5" if i'm not mistaken, how efficient the radiator for our country wheather. No doubt the intercooler is more efficient but for how long when you driving in the jamned, after the road is clear you have to cruise until the water temp to drop then only you can slam the thorttle. You will run in a pig rich until the air temp. drop....

Last edited:

Battousai

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
www.durifto.blogspot.com
acbc: not recommended for a street car lah. adds significant weight to the car, and added strain on your stock cooling system since the water must be cooled by your radiator.

IMHO for a simple reliable street setup, you can't go wrong with a properly sized FMIC.

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
and the most expensive air to air ic is a whole lot cheaper than the cheapest water to air ic...

i dont know the details about water to air, just that i know, its phucking expensive, even for a DIY version... surely beats trust air to air ic + whole set jaafar intercooler piping in terms of pricing...

btw, good luck bro...

140dB

Known Member
Mar 27, 2005
johor
i think in a traffic jam situation the water-air would beat an air-air. but imagine u park ur car for 4 hours in hot sun. the reservoir, radiator will need some time to cool down...most probably optimum by the time u reach home heheh..

water pump u can look for a bilge pump from pump shop. bilge pumps operate on 12V, used to transfer large amounts of water out of boats. its quite large, and little noisy too, but also quite cheap and powerful. some subarus and one toyota came wif a diaphragm pump for water-air intercooler. u can look at chop shop for those, good luck. agricultural diaphragm pumps are also suitable, try finding one that runs on 12V.

i've seen a drag kancil wif a water-air setup using iced water. at almost 2 bar boost it pulled 150hp. even at full boost you can feel the intake pipes cold to the point water condensing on the outsides of the pipes.and oh yeah it was using race fuel too.

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
The goal here is to reduce the number of pipes in the engine bay and to hide the FMIC (for stealthy-look).

For this to work well, the radiator would be mounted in front where the FMIC used to sit and a pair of electric fans would continuously draw cool air to cool it down. Now, for heat soak, why not install an intercooler water spray activated by a heat sensor on the radiator? I've an intercooler spray kit currently lying around collecting dust.

I guess this project would require some tweaking or research b4 implementing it.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i need some tips to change my waja into "kereta kuat", i want to start from exhaust, but i dont know what to do and all the measurement. baru mau belajar. teach me please!:biggrin:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience