Help!! water temp rise till 100 when drive more then 80

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
brothers and sisters pf ZTH, i have 'HOT' problem of my car... my current car is mivec turbo..... set up is similar like other turbo car, with intercooler(smaller size then vr4), proper fueling , and i have installed 3 2 speed fan for my car also.... for normal city drive(drive drive stop stop), i have monitoring the water temp through my hks water temp gauge, the temperature is constant from 80 to 90...... but when i drive highway, even without boosting, when my speed more then 80, the temp rise with my aircon on,even without aircon it rises slowly, i plan to install oil cooler soon but i dun know the actual problems... can any one help pls :adore: i dun wan my car without speed and rev cut end up having a water temp cut :bawling: :bawling: help

WAJA2003

Nov 14, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
normal problem is radaitor stuck abit or headgasket leak air.
most cheap way to try is servis u radaitor lo.
or u FAN flow is right??? flow to engine side?? some sohai foreman no do correct,flow way is to front of car geh.

fct

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
kluang,jb,spore
first thing to do is to clean the radiator and check the fan working or not.also the direction of the fan blow.

second thing is the thermostat,maybe it already spoilt,mean not open the spring valve fully and the last thing is the water pump.the fin of the water pump will rust and kena 'makan',so when engine high speed no enough pressure created in the engine for water circulation.

NeniNeniBoBo

Known Member
Jan 8, 2009
Bro, I suggest you to do from cheapest way 1st:
1) Check your water hose whether got linkage.
2) Bring your car to service your radiator by pull out the whole radiator and fully flush, then ask the mechanic to re-alignment your radiator, maybe your radiator fin is bend.
3) Change your water coolant(Motul Mocool, Redline product will be good enough)
4) If your car is without fan shroud, then try to install one for 100% efficiency air flow in via your radiator.
5) Check your fan clutch, it maybe loosen(big possible is this problem)
6) Change your thermostat, maybe is time to go edi....
7) Change water pump.

Or currently have you change to thicker radiator? As I know thicker radiator need more/bigger fan in order to suck in more air. Hope this help~ And do share with us after your problem is solved.

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
my radiator is not dirty at all...... clear water with coolent colour(red) and i use 2 bottle of toyota coolent........ no leak... thermostat function well since i saw water level drop when get hot at the radiator, fan all blow toward the engine not out of it......water pressure i think is also not a problem since the water get flow out of the radiator when i din close the cap to check........ i afraid it might be the intercooler not enough big or because my car without oil cooler... for ur guys information, my car not use long time oledi, i just transplant the engine and redo all the stuff in engine bay........ 1 more things make me confuse is, the hks water gauge show almost 100'c but the ori water temp only goes half... i think that 1 cant be trusted... :hmmmm:

renxun

1,000 RPM
Jul 4, 2006
the water temp for stock thermostate normally range from 88-94 normal operating temp... if on aircond it will be slightly higher...

unless you have a 68deg thermostate then the operating temp might run around 73deg-80deg wid aircond on...

or if you are very worry, you can take out your thermostate, boil some water and threw the thing in and observe whether it fully opens or it had already jammed halfway..... this is the only simplest DIY thing you can do currently without the need to fork out $ ... but around 98 is normal for your car if your radiator is blocked by your aircond and you on it.... so what you can also do is when you use aircond.. the coolness dont whack till full ...so that it will cut from time to time

egiewan

500 RPM
Jul 31, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Happened to my fren before....his thermostat acting up. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. Changed to a new one. Kautim. His car even funnier, will only overheat when tracking in Sepang...when rempit on highway no problem haha.

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
my coldness only at 2nd step.... some times 1 and a half...... refer to the wira ori aircon........ will an oil cooler help a lot?

kenzo

6,000 RPM
flush your radiator and feel the coolant got any oily feeling, and make sure your ur gauge dont have any problem, and yes an oil cooler will help to keep the oil cooled, it could be many things bro, list down whats your car spec, since u said you just transplant rite? =)

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
-4g92 mivec ck turbo hybrid using gsr block
-semi lock lsd gearbox with racing clutch
-low compression supercharge piston and conrod
-AF tune with emanage
-sard fuel regulator
-racing fuel pump
-turbo tdo5h but already upgrade fan to tdo6's fan

and many2 more ... this is those important things i remember

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
what kenzo said not happening.... water i check twice a week, only loss a bit after two weeks time..... normal rite? no oil stain at water....... no leak... when yesterday i try drive slowly accelerete till 100.... water temp stop at 93 with aircon on..... :hmmmm:

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
cos yr radiator has rust inside....so during high speeds, your water flow are restricted
thus u wont have water recirculating inside your radiator properly.
so, send radiator for service, check whether the head has cracked or not.
or 2nd option, opt for aluminium ones.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear All Sifu,

Recently just got a Mirage Digital Controller from my cousin. But just can't find a write place to mod into my Wira.

Is anyone know that how to DIY this controller into Wira?

I only have the front panel that's all. I heard my friend say that, still need a motor only able to fully utilize the aircon controller. Is that easy to get? Any idea what's the cost? I'm currently at Johor, Senai. Will be back to KL tomorrow.

Thank You. :D
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience