water temp gauge rise when headlights on

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
ok as topic mentioned,

i have their weird issue. my water temp gauge, will rise when my headlamps are turned on. it'll go above normal... and when i turn off my lights, it drops back to normal temp. when i on my headlamps and drive around again, it rises again.

what the hell is wrong? i've changed both my temp sensors (there's 2, 1 for the ecu to read, the other for the gauge to read - located further in, between the radiator hose)

what else could cause it? i have grounding cables? 1 is connected to the thermostat radiator hose...

help. its annoying. =(

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
relay? hmmmm...

how about grounding cables... would a better one (branded) be significantly better at grounding as compared to a cheapo one?

pc_teh

Known Member
Jun 18, 2008
Check your thermostat ... it might be faulty .... Fix mine by changing a new thermostat ...

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
Check your thermostat ... it might be faulty .... Fix mine by changing a new thermostat ...
bro, its not that my car water temp increase, its just the meter... it shows higher than normal, but only when i on my headlamps... once i off, it goes down straight away back to 1/3 of the gauge.

so its not that my engine is overheating or anything, its just the stupid needle on the meter getting false reading..

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
Arrowhead....issit when u turn on yr headlamp...suddenly the needle jump up...then when u turn off...the needle suddenly go back to normal?

very wierd...better send to wireman to check....sounds like got wrong wiring oni...dun wait got short circuit n electrical fire....

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
ya thats what i thought.

alright, latest update

i added additional grounding cables... so far so good

*fingers crossed*

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
but seriously la...original grounding wires should be enough to stop these sort of grounding issues....i still think better send to pro wiremen to check...wiring i really dun dare play a fool with...

1 example...1 BMW E28 guy decided to DIY the wiring for his brakes i think..dunno how he do but ended up when he started the engine...n press brake...the muffler exploded! i'm not joking. i saw the muffler peel along the seems. my foreman say maybe cos engine had wrong signal n overloaded the A/F and caused too much air to go thru system n muffler cant take it exploded....next time i go back i take picture n share...that car is now a donor car for my family's E28 repair project hehehe.

my foreman oso dun dare to start that donor car...he pushes the car everytime he wanna move the car around his workshop...

moral of the story...dun play around with wiring woooor

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
thats a freak accident! yeah, original grounding should be sufficient, however i strongly believe mine is due to me -repainting my car. probably painted over the metal surface of the body/grounding point hence this problem.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

my car is toyota corolla seg ae111 1.6 4afe.saya nak tukar clutch plate racing.what brand racing clutch and flywheel can use to my corolla?thank many
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience