anyone knows Honda Oddysey waterpump location

syafique75

Known Member
Nov 16, 2005
Hi..

Just want to know the location of waterpump in my oddysey year 97 at the engine bay. If dun mind pls post me a pics too. I want to change my waterpump but just want to know the location so its easy for me to do my works.. Just cant see it like other car lol..

Thanks for helping.

Cheers..

bien335

1,500 RPM
Aug 3, 2009
Johor Bahru
Hi..

Just want to know the location of waterpump in my oddysey year 97 at the engine bay. If dun mind pls post me a pics too. I want to change my waterpump but just want to know the location so its easy for me to do my works.. Just cant see it like other car lol..

Thanks for helping.

Cheers..
1997? RA1 or RA3?

F-series water pumps are at the 'usual' location. Open up the timing belt cover, and you can see it.

syafique75

Known Member
Nov 16, 2005
1997? RA1 or RA3?

F-series water pumps are at the 'usual' location. Open up the timing belt cover, and you can see it.
Hi there, thanks for the info, actually I'm stuck in open up the drive pulley. Hope to get an idea on how to open up the nuts that holds the drive pulley manually coz I don't have an air compressor. Is there any other effort coz I see that a hexagon shape in the middle of the drive pulley and I reckon it's used as a stopper. So, without using a special tool, is there any other way to do it.

Thanks..

jombiee

500 RPM
Feb 7, 2005
Ghombau
This is what I do, you need a heavy duty T bar & socket, whack em counterclockwise HARD !!
( if you are not confident -> dont do this YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED !)
But seriously you need that special tool to lock the pulley, if you cant source it than measure it & ask engineering shop to DIY for you, because you cant whack them to tighten it else the timing belt will skip jump.
Is this the first time DIY on this engine ?, do you know how to align the timing between crank & cams ?
Anyway goodluck man, its how you learn about your own motor. cheers

syafique75

Known Member
Nov 16, 2005
This is what I do, you need a heavy duty T bar & socket, whack em counterclockwise HARD !!
( if you are not confident -> dont do this YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED !)
But seriously you need that special tool to lock the pulley, if you cant source it than measure it & ask engineering shop to DIY for you, because you cant whack them to tighten it else the timing belt will skip jump.
Is this the first time DIY on this engine ?, do you know how to align the timing between crank & cams ?
Anyway goodluck man, its how you learn about your own motor. cheers

Thanks for the reply man, I have tried that before.. but still can't take it out... Is that the only idea on how to pull it out. Do you know the name of the tools that can specially lock the crank pulley? I want to know the name of that tools so that I think I just bought it and it will become easy for me to do it later in the future.

About the alignment between crank and the cams, is it that we must mark both side the cam teeth and the crank teeth.. then only after we take out the timing belt then we must put it back in shape like before so that it wont harm the timing and idle.. is it correct?

jombiee

500 RPM
Feb 7, 2005
Ghombau
http://www.hondatuningmagazine.com/tech/htup_0804_honda_crank_removal_tips_and_tool/index.html
diy tools
Crank pulley special tool? 50 bucks?
another option is near oil pan downthere, there is a flywheel cover, open it up & find a way to jam up the flywheel, then use a long bar to force open the crank nut, do not whack it....

For timing belt DIY, You need engines manual bro as a guide, I dont know what type of engines ur running
hope this will help
http://fiedlerh.home.att.net/odysseytimingbelt.pdf
http://www.odyclub.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=14

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dyno tuning Haltech Platinum Sport 2000 on Mitsubishi Galant V6 - GT40 Garret Turbocharger (Single Turbo).
3.5L stroker kit.
Haltech...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience