need help..water enter from floor

camshaft

Known Member
Nov 3, 2006
guys...can u help me on this...i ride is EK 4doors....but the problem i'm facing rite now really2 give me headache lor...every time it's raining...there's a water enter into my car from the floor..under the carpet...even when car wash the water can enter from below the car....the car always in wet/soaked condition when it's raining or when i'm washing my car and spay the water from below.....my car is kinda lowered..always kene the floor if the bump is quite high...really appreciate if u guys could come with some solution on this farking water issue...donno which shop to go settle this...paint shop..accessories shop.????????:cry_smile:

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
looks like theres a hole somewhere..sudah bocor... remove all ur carpet and find it..

camshaft

Known Member
Nov 3, 2006
actually...what kind of workshop can do the job?

shfish

500 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
I had this problem before, the water is entering the Driver compartment via the hole behind the door speaker. The hole is at the waterproof layer which separates the door panel and the door. Easy to trouble shoot. Just open the door & Door panel and pour water on the fully closed window panes from the outside. You will see where the water trickling in. You can DIY by buying the black sticky material from the Spare parts shops, usually sold in a roll.

J101

1,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2005
malaysia
if the water sips during car wash, thats very fast come to think of it. since its a 4 door, my best assume would be the front windscreen since water flows the most over there then to your firewall then to your carpet.

other than rubber seals and rust, do check the history of the car if you bought it 2nd hand (who knows it had an accident last time).

u can always sit in the car during the car wash and locate the leak, provided you have remove the floormat and entire carpet as water flow faster without carpet adsorbent.

camshaft

Known Member
Nov 3, 2006
during car wash...if it's only wash the car..but not wash from below...there are no water enter's the car....but if wash below the car..there are water entered...the problem is not from the windscreen or from the doors...it's from below the car...this mornin i just checked and found out..there are several damage on the lower body of the car...maybe because the car when so many hits during road bumps....maybe the lower body of the car have some opening that might cause the leaking....

i heard that u can patch up some sort of rubber below the car carpet to stop the leaking...have u heard anything bout this? and the type of shop that can done the job?...

J101

1,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2005
malaysia
actually a dent wont create holes unless its a serious sharp dent. probably its an old dent turned rust.

u need to fix find the cause of the leak then seal it off.

Enthusiast

500 RPM
Oct 10, 2005
maybe its ur floor pan hole....usually floorpans have holes wit hcovers to let u drain out the water in case got flood.....maybe ur cover is missing.,..its located near under ur seat...and if its tat case.....i think ur whole floor also rusted adi......sad,,,,

camshaft

Known Member
Nov 3, 2006
maybe its ur floor pan hole....usually floorpans have holes wit hcovers to let u drain out the water in case got flood.....maybe ur cover is missing.,..its located near under ur seat...and if its tat case.....i think ur whole floor also rusted adi......sad,,,,

yeah..the all rubber is missing....gotta find it as soon as possible...

josh

Jun 4, 2007
same prob wif my eg9

ye lor..
got same prob wif my eg9..
water enter at driver side seat only!!!
y, huh?
is it da same prob wif dat ek?
i never check be4..
wat should i do???
makan karat ke kalau biar lame2???

need help...plssssssss

camshaft

Known Member
Nov 3, 2006
donno if that the main problem or not...but my friend accord also have the same problem..the rubber is missing and water entered into the car...heard that it is quite difficult to find the parts at the shops...

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
Use the caulking material, if you cannot find the rubber for it.

It's the same stuff you see at the place where two metal pieces are joined together, like the boot and the front radiator panel area.

camshaft

Known Member
Nov 3, 2006
shiro..
where can i find the caulking material?

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Recently, I had to drive down to Batu Pahat to collect the Nissan Fairlady from the seller in Batu Pahat. I have taken lots of photos during my journey there. Batu Pahat is a large town that sits near the coast. Batu Pahat is accessible from the Yong Peng exit on the North South Highway. It takes about 3 hours to drive down to Batu Pahat from Kuala Lumpur (If you follow the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience