Honda civic or eg modification (sifu plzz enter) all welcome

sdsix23

Dec 10, 2006
hi guys..

i have a Honda eg 1992 with it stock engine...

i am thinking of changing the car performance and looks

engine - a non turbo vtec or a tubo one? b16c.. (etc)
front light
paint
rims

i am a noobie in car modification so if can plzz be specific..

all honda owners are welcome for their opinion...

if can u all can add a picture..thanks:_:

CKCL_63

Known Member
Mar 2, 2007
bro .. this might be a help to you .. and get the projector angle eye head lamp ... turbo is good cause you 'll difnitely feel the difference and can easily get the additional HP ... like me .. hahahaha .. i'm using B16A upgrade turbo & i believe there's a lot of KL guys also having the same mod as me ...
yellow eg f&r.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
Well.. turbo is a good option.. but NA has the feel that turbos just don't have.
Turbo lag is also an issue, if you're plannning on using big turbos.

But before thinking power upgrades.. get good brakes.
Big brake kits of the Type R 5 lug conversions will help 'maintain' your car and your life.. :P

So my order would be

1) brakes
2) engine upgrades
3) transmission
4) bodykits.

Going NA or Turbo?

pictures... head to the 'Post your Beloved Civics' area.. lots of choices there.

Last edited:

CKCL_63

Known Member
Mar 2, 2007
bro,
have you ride in a vtec turbo before .. try first then you comment on the performance .. i'm using B16A turbo and I don't face the lag problem ...

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
bro,
have you ride in a vtec turbo before .. try first then you comment on the performance .. i'm using B16A turbo and I don't face the lag problem ...
Yes.. turbos have no lag, right.......
Everyone says that..so you ask me if I've driven a turbo but have you driven a 200+whp NA yet?

The difference is in the throttle response... If that's not lag, what is? let off the throttle till you drop off the boost, then press again.. feel it?

The problem is, you're comparing the throttle response to paltry NA machines making 130hp or less.

Last edited:

CKCL_63

Known Member
Mar 2, 2007
bro .. i have been playing with NA before and no doubt on the reponse of throttle on NA but for turbo if your combination and tune in proper you'll know what i mean ... just my 2 cents ... you fancy NA I'm happy with my upgrade ...

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
bro .. i have been playing with NA before and no doubt on the reponse of throttle on NA but for turbo if your combination and tune in proper you'll know what i mean ... just my 2 cents ... you fancy NA I'm happy with my upgrade ...
Yes.. turbos are good for straightline acceleration.. who said otherwise?

You know.. I always hear that from turbo owners.. My turbo no lag.. :P

The way it works means that it needs time to spool up.. there's always lag.. it's just a matter of how little lag there is.

Still, I like turbo as much as I like NA. So I'm actually feeling like looking in your engine bay for a look.. (^_^)

So.. care to share your engine specifications? Like what turbo size you're using.. hybrid or not.. management is by what ECU?

I think your car should be more powerful than a stock 1.6NA.. no doubt about that.. depending on how much boost.. could even be powerful than the type R.

Show! Les' action!

Last edited:

- J f D -

500 RPM
Jul 10, 2004
KL
Visit site
Chris is that you?

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
i m wondering.....y lately quite sum forumers haf been typing B16"C"...wonder if its really a typo or sum jokers out der spreading d wrong msg 2 noobies..telling them der's a B16"C"??
hehehheheh

CKCL_63

Known Member
Mar 2, 2007
shiroithenshi,
well i'm using AR60 turbine for the time being .. looking for GT2835 .. EMS= Obit, 1.5mm metal gasket, wiseco piston, walbro fuel pump, crower=spring + retainer, GTII style W/G currently boosting 0.9 L/B & 1.3 H/B .... also it's a must to change the oil pump,fuel regulator & etc .... planning to change the W/G and retune to 1.5 - 1.6 bar .... it's fun but the grip now is not that good so have to change the tyre .. was thingking TOYO R888 ... any suggestion ? BTW mine is only basic stage .. couple of my friends are running on B20B,racing cam & GT3540 turbine ... crazy man .....

jfd ... yeah it's me .... so how's things lately, any upgrade ....

akuma,
well never heard of B16"C" so who's the jerk spreading the stupid spec .... unless maybe it's his own mods & spec ... ROJAK .. hahahahahaha

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
duno man...but seriously,if u guys notice nowadays quite alot of B16"C" being typed in dis forum dude...
n dude,w 300ps(atw?)...how d heck do u drive it man?even w d R888,ur fighting a loosing battle coz i'm using d R888 in front.....even w my puny <200atw...i'm fighting a loosing battle

CKCL_63

Known Member
Mar 2, 2007
kinda scary when driving .. but normally when I drag I have to make sure that there's not many traffic ... the damper setting is also an important key + planning to change to full lock LSD .... BTW what damper (absorber) you're using ? I use TEIN b4 but due to the left & right I change it OHLIN H/L/S/H ... better handling than before .... dude look for Spoon lar the're short stroke and race use ....

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
i'm running TEIN HA..if u wan short stroke n extreme harness,shud b looking 4 Buddy Club or CRUX.....SPOON?hard?dun think so

CKCL_63

Known Member
Mar 2, 2007
if you put it that way there's a lot of brands in the market so it depend on the individual preferance .... me i'm happy with OHLIN at the meantime unless it really cannot withstand the power then only i'll change .. settings on my abs .. is front not that hard but back have to be hard .. Spoon not my preferance but for NA and gila CCT ... as I said RACE use .... just my 2 cents.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

do any one know what will happen to my engine if i switch my gsr intercooler to vr4 intercooler..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience