VW Golf GTi Mk6

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Both are good cars. On the looks department, i'd say maybe the E90 edge it a little. More matured loking. The VW still carries that racer boy feel to it. This is just my opinion.

But in conclusion, i vote MK6. All rounder works for me. A plus point is when i am bored, the mods are easily available for me to play around with the car:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Change yours to Mk6 loh....fast fast we can DIT......hhahhahhahah:biggrin:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
He got pissed off seeing that garage of cars.......lol

Well, Beemer is luxury so more class, but I think maintenance is higher
VW is the Proton of Germany....

Both are good cars. On the looks department, i'd say maybe the E90 edge it a little. More matured loking. The VW still carries that racer boy feel to it. This is just my opinion.

But in conclusion, i vote MK6. All rounder works for me. A plus point is when i am bored, the mods are easily available for me to play around with the car:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
True. And the F/C advantage for E90 320d doesn't make a significant difference for my usage as I don't cover that much KMs.

Hahaha, ok fair enough.

Frankly I wouldn't choose either of them coz both may put a big hole in my pocket during repairs and both are not that special to warrant me to take that risk (if I were to buy a car that might give me headache with repairs, it might as well must be bloody special and fantastic!). But if you stick a gun in my head to choose, I'd probably go with the GTI coz the E90 is just way too ordinary/nothing special (and I don't like the look of it), plus it's a diesel. I suppose it's up to what aspects you prioritize more between them. If you want more family oriented normal sedan then the E90 suits better, but if you want more driver's car then the GTI suits better.
My brother owns the Mk5, and I have 2 friends who owns the E90 320d. Sure, parts costs more if you compare to Japanese counter parts, e.g. brake pads, rotors etc. But they are also quite sturdy and things don't fail that often.

The other thing is, the GTi is faster than the oil burner. I wonder if there's anything else out there that compares for around the same price.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

My brother owns the Mk5, and I have 2 friends who owns the E90 320d. Sure, parts costs more if you compare to Japanese counter parts, e.g. brake pads, rotors etc. But they are also quite sturdy and things don't fail that often.

The other thing is, the GTi is faster than the oil burner. I wonder if there's anything else out there that compares for around the same price.
My worries also on those German cars are the electronics/sensors/systems which are complicated and may cost a lot to repair.

Yes the GTI is surely faster. Like I suggested before, only the Subaru Impreza V10 is a bit closer in pricing but maybe still a bit higher which can give similar performance or even faster. Others are slower. If I were you I'd rather get the Impreza coz should be more reliable, easier to get parts & maintenance and mod, and probably has better RV also.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
My worries also on those German cars are the electronics/sensors/systems which are complicated and may cost a lot to repair.

Yes the GTI is surely faster. Like I suggested before, only the Subaru Impreza V10 is a bit closer in pricing but maybe still a bit higher which can give similar performance or even faster. Others are slower. If I were you I'd rather get the Impreza coz should be more reliable, easier to get parts & maintenance and mod, and probably has better RV also.
I feel buying a Subaru Impreza in automatic is stupid of me. Colin Mcrae would rise from the grave and kick me for buying an auto preza. As for the parts, not sure if Impreza got that much parts availability. For sure Golfs are more common here on the road than the Impreza v10.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I feel buying a Subaru Impreza in automatic is stupid of me. Colin Mcrae would rise from the grave and kick me for buying an auto preza. As for the parts, not sure if Impreza got that much parts availability. For sure Golfs are more common here on the road than the Impreza v10.
True the GTI seems to be more common nowadays compared to the Impreza but the Impreza engine is pretty much similar to the old ones right, especially if opting for 2.0, no? I don't know maybe you're right also. Choices for mods/tuning the Impreza should have more I think, rims also a lot more choices due to common PCD. Anyway that's just to give you a different idea. I know automatic Impreza is like missing the point but I think still a safer choice than the GTI. Furthermore, your brother already uses a GTI and your friends the E90 then why not be different instead of just follow everybody else? Like you said GTI also pretty common now on the roads (plus it looks the same like the TSi), so with the Impreza at least more rare/different, plus you'll smoke your brother and those 3 friends too at least in the straights. :biggrin:

Anyway it seems you've made your mind at least to about 80-90% like my friend last time, so I suppose not much I can say anymore. Just go ahead and buy, hopefully it turns out good for you.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
True the GTI seems to be more common nowadays compared to the Impreza but the Impreza engine is pretty much similar to the old ones right, especially if opting for 2.0, no? I don't know maybe you're right also. Choices for mods/tuning the Impreza should have more I think, rims also a lot more choices due to common PCD. Anyway that's just to give you a different idea. I know automatic Impreza is like missing the point but I think still a safer choice than the GTI. Furthermore, your brother already uses a GTI and your friends the E90 then why not be different instead of just follow everybody else? Like you said GTI also pretty common now on the roads (plus it looks the same like the TSi), so with the Impreza at least more rare/different, plus you'll smoke your brother and those 3 friends too at least in the straights. :biggrin:

Anyway it seems you've made your mind at least to about 80-90% like my friend last time, so I suppose not much I can say anymore. Just go ahead and buy, hopefully it turns out good for you.
Well. At least it's not going to give me STD, and it's not a CVT. By the way I really liked the Subaru Impreza V9, in black, manual of course. But not practical for my usage, the manual that is.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Well. At least it's not going to give me STD, and it's not a CVT. By the way I really liked the Subaru Impreza V9, in black, manual of course. But not practical for my usage, the manual that is.
I like older Impreza, the GC8, but yeah the V9 also quite nice in black, especially the S204. Normal STI V9 now quite cheap also. But I'm much more of an Evo fan. :biggrin:

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
I would mind the Auto CVT Impreza...just doubt that it can handle more power..

daily drive i think its great...need to test drive first....

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I like older Impreza, the GC8, but yeah the V9 also quite nice in black, especially the S204. Normal STI V9 now quite cheap also. But I'm much more of an Evo fan. :biggrin:
Isn't the Boxer flat four engine higher maintenance like for timing belt, service etc....Evo still straight 4.....:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 10:13 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:11 AM ----------

I would mind the Auto CVT Impreza...just doubt that it can handle more power..

daily drive i think its great...need to test drive first....
Bite the bullet, Go for Mk6, your heart is already there.....:driver::biggrin:

Rahman77R

Known Member
Oct 16, 2011
Petaling Jaya
I agree that German cars electronics, sensors and not to forget parts are expensive. It's not wonder that some of my friends whom drive German cars always drive down to Singapore for major repair work.

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:46 AM ----------

Heard a story of a E60 owner complaining at Ingress Auto about his car's headlights. The complaint was about the E60 headlights having a stamp of "MITSUBISHI HEAVY INDUSTRIES".

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
German marque, japanese reliability?
Japanese manufacturer, Conti price tag?

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
in term of engine maintenance, evo are much cheaper and more simple than impreza.. even just pulling out a spark plug can give u headache..

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
in term of engine maintenance, evo are much cheaper and more simple than impreza.. even just pulling out a spark plug can give u headache..
Yup, aside form other factors maybe that's also one factor that makes the Impreza used prices much cheaper compared to Evo.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Recently, I met a friend of mine wanting to sell his Honda Accord SM4 at a giveaway price...

And for spareparts only...

He told me that he bought this car from the previous owner but did not effect the transfer of ownership.

But he has got all documents presigned and Mykad photocopy.

However, when he resold his car to another, he could not do the transfer as the previous owner had passed away.

He tried all avenues but still nothing could be done.

Does this mean that once...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience