VTTR Brake Kit On EVO

lanevo6

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
jb-melaka
Visit site
Just to share a bit, a lot of people get the wrong idea of Brembo. From my experience Brembo is good except for the rotor provided for OEM evos!! Its not the caliper that has a problem. AMG,Ferraris,Porch all using brembo.
When i change from OEM rotor to BIOT slotted rotor (front and rear) with a good combi of brake pad projet mu and app braided hose, it was totally a different felling and respond.
Now i m on Endless of coz its feels lots more different coz i m on 4 pot rear.

Another important thing for most people to know is, BBK makers like Endless,AP,Alcon and Stoptech they calculate the ABS function that we have in our car. To know more about it go find out yourself. I believe those Taiwan and other so called 6pot or 8pot if you use also no point coz you wont get the correct pressure of breaking.
I have friends whose using AP racing with 355mm rotor had their ABS taken out then you really feel the bite. Coz with ABS you should you correct wieght and size of rotors.

Totally agree with cannon,
CYBEREVO uses ori brembo.....:adore::adore:

sub7

Known Member
Feb 21, 2006
Very informative! Thanks for sharing... I have the right idea for my brake setup now. But what if those popular BBK, like AP.... you'll be surprise if they oem from Taiwan and re-brand them as "AP". Don't flame me... I'm just asking. :hmmmm:

cannondale>

1,500 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
kepong
so far i know grippen turn into greddy only. other caliper design not the same. now lots of branded stuff they dont use sticker anymore, the brand from the caliper itself.

PabloIceman

3,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2006
can i know wat is the different between oem brembo and aftermarket brembo? i thought is all the same.

wat i know normally for breaking system ppl will go for endless, ap, alcon, brembo, ox and project u.

i never heard any hardcore using taiwan made stuff.

even cyberevo track car using standard brembo.
Ya ya ..... Cannon shud know lor .... coz he's Cyberevo ma ... :adore::thefinger::rofl:

[media]http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa225/Pabloiceman/cyberevo/normal_cyberevo.jpg[/media]

Last edited:

vaioT17

Known Member
Aug 22, 2005
Malaysia
hi all,

Thanks for all the feedback regarding the brake kit. Anyway, I've bought the endless brake kit. Will try on track and see how it performs. :)

PabloIceman

3,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2006
hi all,

Thanks for all the feedback regarding the brake kit. Anyway, I've bought the endless brake kit. Will try on track and see how it performs. :)
Woah bro! If that's the photo of your exh. manifold, then u made the rigt choice in the Endless .... then again, with that kind of exh. mainfold, maybe u wud have been better off with the Brembos 8/6 calipers ..... :adore::adore:

vaioT17

Known Member
Aug 22, 2005
Malaysia
Woah bro! If that's the photo of your exh. manifold, then u made the rigt choice in the Endless .... then again, with that kind of exh. mainfold, maybe u wud have been better off with the Brembos 8/6 calipers ..... :adore::adore:
Yup bro, is my engine with the exhaust manifold. As for endless, i havent try hard braking on the endless as have to run in first. :)

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
vaioT17,

LOL!!! Nice Endless 6 potters!!! :love:

Yo bro, how many hp currently your monster churn out? Mind to share share a bt? Thx!

sc999

Apr 29, 2008
Fren, u used it b4? Any more info or experiences to share? Thx!

i'm using it now. i wouldnt say very good. coz no matter how, it cant beat the big boys like endless, alcon etc. but to say that its lousy, it cant be.

although i not driving an evo. but i can say that it is good enuf for daily drive or occasionally track use.

i using big 6 pot with 2 pc 330mm drilled rotor.

but u on evo, go for those big name ba.

for myself,i cant afford la.

Attachments

bvalve

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
群&#39340
Visit site
Yup bro, is my engine with the exhaust manifold. As for endless, i havent try hard braking on the endless as have to run in first. :)
1 day i going to steal yur 6 pot....hehehe:biggrin:

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
i'm using it now. i wouldnt say very good. coz no matter how, it cant beat the big boys like endless, alcon etc. but to say that its lousy, it cant be.

although i not driving an evo. but i can say that it is good enuf for daily drive or occasionally track use.

i using big 6 pot with 2 pc 330mm drilled rotor.

but u on evo, go for those big name ba.

for myself,i cant afford la.
Bro,

Thx for sharing! Nice car u hv there!

Me too, at the moment just cant affort a brand new branded 6 potters such as AP, Endless n etc... LoLzzzzzzzzzz...

Will upgrade it step by step till i got enough budget la... :slug:

dawg

Known Member
Nov 29, 2003
Selangor
dawgsevo.blogspot.com
If not mistaken, those BBK like alcon, brembo, grex (greddy), M7, all branded names must have 18" to clear the BBK calipers.

For VTTR, XYZ, you can have the 6pt BBK and 17" still can clear these calipers. The pistons are smaller.

I feel that the OEM rotors for evo is pretty weak as it overheat easily thus those who upgrade their brake pads to higher temp will find their rotors unable to cope after a few hard braking. For those who want an affordable route to better brake bites, best to go for steel braided, better brand of rotors + pads (eg: prj mu set) and DIY cooling ducts.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Anybody got this installed?...is it ok?...coz im comtemplating on either GAB soft hard hi lo or Kayaba RS Pro hi lo...significant difference in pricing...GAB @ 2.2k n the Kayaba @ 1.3k++..some of my frens recommended me to go with kayaba as it is not that stiff compare to GAB (note: wife n small baby sometimes ride with me)...

Need advice...thanx..:biggrin:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience