VTTR Brake Kit On EVO

cannondale>

1,500 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
kepong
vttr are suitable for civic, vios la.. evo pakai vttr, later ppl laugh at u. :love:

or later u hantam 200, want to stop aredy overheat.

PabloIceman

3,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2006
Cannon, not laugh la! People respek, tabib & clap la .... coz drive without brakes ... :adore:

But on a more serious note, dunt think the performance of VTTR so teruk mah! Seen people use it b4. If selalu trek, then betta opt for betta brake kits lor.

vaioT17

Known Member
Aug 22, 2005
Malaysia
vttr are suitable for civic, vios la.. evo pakai vttr, later ppl laugh at u. :love:

or later u hantam 200, want to stop aredy overheat.
I guess u should go sepang open track day and laugh at ppl cos quite a few of big monster using VTTR brake kit there.

project skyline using the brake kit too.Is this monster slower than evo?
Project Horny - GTRCanada - Canada's premier skyline enthusiasts club
My Rb30/26 Bnr32 Build ---> Project Horny :) - Skylines Australia

DC5
vttr-gold.jpg

Just my 2 cents! :)

sub7

Known Member
Feb 21, 2006
They use doesn't mean they are reliable ;) Would like to hear actual owner using vttr to comment though..

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
vaioT17,

Bro, relax!!! Cannon is 1 of our good fren here in the forum who always share his view... :biggrin: Tht's just his personal view la... No offence taken!!!

I think beside a 6 pot caliper, a good reliable rotor is also very important!!! Its a combination of everything where calipers, pad and rotor must 'match' and work well together!!!

sub7,

Bro, any good review for the XYZ brake kit?! Especially on the track... LOLzzzzzzzzz... The brand name really give me a hard time where i really thought u r joking with me!!! :biggrin:

sub7

Known Member
Feb 21, 2006
Ok, this review come from an airtrek owner, not me :)

"My airtrek is using XYZ, heavier than evo especially on high speed due to down force and airtrek chassis design. My dyno result 360whp converted to manual, so braking power is very important for me. I'd change to XYZ from Brembo since 2 months ago, not only it can hold this big mod but it allow me to brake harder. I can't afford other branded brake but he find XYZ more affordable and happy with it's result. I have not go inside SIC yet but keen to try one day."

lanevo6

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
jb-melaka
Visit site
Yah, I'm there in Sepang yesterday with few evos as well. Even another e8 with steel braided brake hose + Project MU rotor + RA pads, it still over-heated and having difficulty to stop.
Sub7,
Braking technique is important. Mayb i give my endless to the guy also cannot stop...........ha haa haa. Why i say this coz a friend of mine did better timing in sepang with brembo and after market rotor compared to the other one who was using AP 6pot. And the other one did better than this two using Alcon 6 pot??
Its best if we can get some data from manufacturer about their stopping power eg: from 100km/h to stand still etc....
But of course my 6pot has totally different feeling compared to ori 4pot. I have seen cars like legacy,civic type-r,wrx using VTTR.But never seen evos in SG using VTTR.

vaioT17

Known Member
Aug 22, 2005
Malaysia
No, dont get me wrong. I 'm just giving opinion. No hard feeling. :)

sub7

Known Member
Feb 21, 2006
lanevo6, that's a good point. No doubt my timing sucks.. :P Do you or your friend have special diy air cooling intake from your front bumper to your brake? If only I could channel some air from front to my rotor/brake... it might help.

PabloIceman

3,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2006
Sub7,
Braking technique is important. Mayb i give my endless to the guy also cannot stop...........ha haa haa. Why i say this coz a friend of mine did better timing in sepang with brembo and after market rotor compared to the other one who was using AP 6pot. And the other one did better than this two using Alcon 6 pot??
Its best if we can get some data from manufacturer about their stopping power eg: from 100km/h to stand still etc....
But of course my 6pot has totally different feeling compared to ori 4pot. I have seen cars like legacy,civic type-r,wrx using VTTR.But never seen evos in SG using VTTR.
In SG, the VTTRs are mainly found on the Airtrek ... which go to SIC quite often .. :adore::biggrin:

PabloIceman

3,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2006
lanevo6, that's a good point. No doubt my timing sucks.. :P Do you or your friend have special diy air cooling intake from your front bumper to your brake? If only I could channel some air from front to my rotor/brake... it might help.
Sub7, can get the following if u wanna cool yr brake kits down ....

EVO 8 | 9 | X Performance Parts - LancerShop - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Performance Mods Shop - Forge EVO Brake Cooling Duct Kit

Seen CF ones before ....

Or can DIY :biggrin::

Brake duct cooling kit :) - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

max3821

Known Member
Jul 23, 2008
bang,tumpang......selling ori evo7.5 gta front n rear bumper,n the varis cf trunk wif e8 spoiler,trunk swap wif cf bonnet n gt wing,interest call or sms me 017-9026644 max

PabloIceman

3,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2006
bang,tumpang......selling ori evo7.5 gta front n rear bumper,n the varis cf trunk wif e8 spoiler,trunk swap wif cf bonnet n gt wing,interest call or sms me 017-9026644 max
bro, yr GT wing CF? What brand? Any pics.

H22-C

500 RPM
Jul 23, 2007
Ok, this review come from an airtrek owner, not me :)

"My airtrek is using XYZ, heavier than evo especially on high speed due to down force and airtrek chassis design. My dyno result 360whp converted to manual, so braking power is very important for me. I'd change to XYZ from Brembo since 2 months ago, not only it can hold this big mod but it allow me to brake harder. I can't afford other branded brake but he find XYZ more affordable and happy with it's result. I have not go inside SIC yet but keen to try one day."
sub7, can provide more details at converting airtrek to manual ?

some ppl say it is impossible. how can it be done ?

i know gear box can sourced from evo, but how about the paddle and fittings ?

thanks.

sub7

Known Member
Feb 21, 2006
Hmm, it'll be off topic if I put the info here... :P PM me

MugenJazzer

Known Member
Jun 21, 2004
I checked with VTTR they quote me Mini 6pot (2-pc 330mm) rear usd1347 and front usd1040... kit including caliper,rotor disc, sports pad, metal hydraulic hose and bracket/adaptor. thats complete kit... suitable for 17''rims up :adore:

sub7

Known Member
Feb 21, 2006
Why in USD? Include shipping and tax? I can imagine all the hazzle if buying direct.. :biggrin:

MugenJazzer

Known Member
Jun 21, 2004
Why in USD? Include shipping and tax? I can imagine all the hazzle if buying direct.. :biggrin:
ya bcoz they are taiwan manufacturer and im from msia so they quote me in USD... definitely not including shipping and tax but u can minimize it by certain ways :hmmmm:

cannondale>

1,500 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
kepong
if u went to taiwan car parts and acc expo , there are more then 20 manufacture for this break system. u can even custom made yur own brand. even the spoon sports titanium parts also from taiwan.

B18C-R

1,500 RPM
Mar 27, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
I spoked to a fren of mine whom used to be a Seasoned MME and SIC driver.

He is using this on his Civic 2002 version (The model after EK). Pretty impressive but based on his experience, it is not recommended for evo on track or up/down hill driving as it would NOT sustain the type of traction and power/momentum that evo generates as well as heat. Nevertheless, it would still be better than ori brembo + ori pad on street driving, according to him.

And yes, he owned a TD07 400+ hp evo5 plus with his seasoned SIC driving experience, my personal opinion felt his experience does worth more than 2 cents which is why I'm sharing.

He bought his set from a garage in JB for RM7k+ (front 6 pot only) so I guess thats the price after all the shipping, tax and profit making, not to mention some coffee bean for our beloved Kastam Di-Raja !

Now here's my 2 cent..

Personally if you are already on Brembo 4-pot, my advice is for your to invest on better calipers, brake-line(Steel), pads and rotors with your stock brembo's if you intend to change your evo's brembo to VVTR and see how it goes. The price of doing so is most likely cheaper by about half than upgrading to the full VVTR set with the price mentioned.

Last edited by a moderator:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

First, it was design a blank Vios canvas. Now, Toyota Malaysia is getting on the streets "announcing" their latest arrival of the all-new Vios. Yes, with a blank dummy. This is achieved by having a pick up truck ferry a fiberglass mockup(maybe) through a see-through aquarium all around town.

Proton had their peek-a-boo, Toyota has their...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience