VTTR brake and ABS

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

RoseBrawn

Jul 9, 2009
One of the shop recommend me VTTR mini 6 pot.
I not sure mini 6 pot can withstand my 150 BHP ?

They said is better then my stock 1 pot Plus 15" rim can clear.
But i feel like mini is for rear brake.

I heard that ABS will be affected. What will happen if change aftermarket brake?
ABS go headwire?

contreasjun27

9,000 RPM
Oct 21, 2004
subang
Visit site
One of the shop recommend me VTTR mini 6 pot.
I not sure mini 6 pot can withstand my 150 BHP ?

They said is better then my stock 1 pot Plus 15" rim can clear.
But i feel like mini is for rear brake.

I heard that ABS will be affected. What will happen if change aftermarket brake?
ABS go headwire?
6 pot for 150bhb? your foremen is crazy..
6pot piston brake is super heavy and it will reduce ur car performance for sure..
for a 150bhb a twin pot disk brake is already well sufficient dude

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
what car u driving??... upgrading brakes must see what car also... lightweight car with high horsepower doesnt need huge huge braking power... but heavy car with high horsepower does need huge huge braking power...

changchewsoon

Known Member
Oct 10, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
www.viosturbo.com
I'm currently on a pair of large VTTR 6 pot calipers on 330mm rotors, my car is pushing out 160+ on the wheels.

The VTTRs are so much lighter compared to my original single pot brakes, as they're made from forged aluminium.

They do not interfere with my ABS at all.

Last edited:

RoseBrawn

Jul 9, 2009
I'm currently on a pair of large VTTR 6 pot calipers on 330mm rotors, my car is pushing out 160+ on the wheels.

The VTTRs are so much lighter compared to my original single pot brakes, as they're made from forged aluminium.

They do not interfere with my ABS at all.

Hi, Yr Large 6 pot calipers is lighter then stock, if VTTR MINI 6 pot is it more lighter?
But Can withstand 150 BHP or stock 1 pot vs 6 mini pot, which one can reduce the distance.

I heard mini 6 pot for rear brake.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Bro Rose,just to shed some light. The mini 6 pot will cater to your needs. With more pots you will have higher braking power as the brake force is distributed evenly over the brake pad. In a single pot all the brake pressure is center to the middle of the pad and the pressure is not distributed evenly over the pads....

With a 6 pots you will also felt relief in the event of a pots got jam or stuck but the rest will still be working compare to a single pot....If a single pot jams then you are left with no brakes at all on either side of the tire...

chocolatesttarfish

1,000 RPM
May 13, 2007
PJ/BTU
don't u think 6 pots are too extreme for a 150 bhp? even if it's a mini..
it's nice to hv big calipers sitting between ur rims..but i don't think it's necessary..

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
don't u think 6 pots are too extreme for a 150 bhp? even if it's a mini..
it's nice to hv big calipers sitting between ur rims..but i don't think it's necessary..
Well, yeah...it's overkill but since he ask whether 6 pot mini can withstand 150bhp...well the answer is yes..a good twin pot is enough to do the job....or maximum 4 pot is really enough....

Last edited:

changchewsoon

Known Member
Oct 10, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
www.viosturbo.com
yeah i get thrown questions like that all the time, whether 6 pots are overkill and such. usually i will just laugh it off by replying "yah lor im worried ppl can't see my brakes mah" and then just get it done with.

well the actual fact is because with the forged internals and larger turbo lined up, at least i will not have to worry about stopping power when i increase the horsepower later. i need to ensure the car can stop fast as it can go.

initially i wanted to get 4 pots though, however i was only given an option of the mini 6 and the big 6 so i opted for the big 6 for peace of mind, especially the price gap wasn't that huge.

Last edited:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
yeah i get thrown questions like that all the time, whether 6 pots are overkill and such. usually i will just laugh it off by replying "yah lor im worried ppl can't see my brakes mah" and then just get it done with.

well the actual fact is because with the forged internals and larger turbo lined up, at least i will not have to worry about stopping power when i increase the horsepower later. i need to ensure the car can stop fast as it can go.

initially i wanted to get 4 pots though, however i was only given an option of the mini 6 and the big 6 so i opted for the big 6 for peace of mind, especially the price gap wasn't that huge.
Have to see what car you are fitting the 6 pot into. If the weight of the car is light like EK, AE86, GTi..etc and the hp is not huge even with TCed..It's really no point going for 6 pots....6 pots for 150hp...isn't it too much? I've had owner's feedback from EK9 turbo using Prohect miu 4 pot and it's really good for the job. even if the owner got plan to further upgrade the engine to give higher horses a good 4 pot still can hold....

If car's like Evo, GTR, Impreza, Z,... where their base hp is already high. Then it's a different story.....It's not always the bigger the better..have to see your application also....

but still it's up to the person that wants to install it. if 6 pot is what they want they still can install it. If they want 4 pot then also can...It's more of a personal preferences....

Last edited:

chinozie

Very Young Member... :D
Jul 5, 2004
Damansara
4age20v.blogsome.com

ah ha...
I've found it...

You used it on Vios turbo...right ? (magic of google) :D

since you've used it...
what's your review ?
have you test it on SIC, do a hard braking continuously for 4-5 laps...?

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Chang, your rims is 17 inch? very nice....

changchewsoon

Known Member
Oct 10, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
www.viosturbo.com
alamaks, yeah man that is my rim. wah like that also can google ah.........i shy shy lah haha :biggrin:

yeah actually i've got like a million ppl literally telling me 6 pots is over kill for my car and stuffs, and yes everyone is entitled to their own opinions so i accepted those comments without any offence taken at all.

personally i believe its always better to be safe than sorry, though having bigger brake calipers with larger rotors helps a lot it doesn't really guarantee stopping power, matching it with a set of good tires, set of good brake pads, steel braided hose, good brake fluid also makes a lot of difference.

as for the review, well i've not taken the car to SIC before and i don't plan to take it there until the manual gearbox conversion is completed together with the forged internals so i can't comment how well it will perform in the track.

but for my everyday road driving and high speed driving in the north south expressway, i am happy to report that the brakes are working very well for me. many times i was driving well over 200 km/h and im able to confidently slow down the car and the feeling of the G force is fabulous.

many times i had larger cars like camry, accords and even beemers behind me screeching their tires during an emergency brake while i still have plenty to go.

but instead of sharing the pros of having big brake kits with you, its only fair that i share some cons as well.

because of the rotor size i chose, the minimum clearance for the rim size i can use is 17'. so if i were want to downsize my rims in the future i would have a problem. a mini 6 pot will have no issues with it.

the other thing is although you're able to stop your car in time, it doesn't mean the car behind you will be able to do the same. so you might have a higher chance of not ramming in to the car in front of you, but you'll have a higher chance the car behind ramming in to you.

so its always smart to still keep a safe distance even you have an upgraded brake system. its not a silver bullet. just my 2 cents.

chocolatesttarfish

1,000 RPM
May 13, 2007
PJ/BTU
nice feedback on ur breaking system..

normally people will ask views from others in opting the best solution with the least of bucks to spent with..and that's when oversizing and redundant issues will pop up into mind..

well if u don't hv any probs with money that u spend then hey it's up to u..no harm in getting something extra..the only thing that matter at the end of the day is it'll get the breaking job done safely..

changchewsoon

Known Member
Oct 10, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
www.viosturbo.com
mine was purchased directly from VTTR taiwan, i have lots of relatives there so they carried it back for me. the price was very good, around 4.8K converted back to RM if not mistaken. if you want them to ship direct to Malaysia is around RM 5.2K converted back to RM.

now VTTR will not ship direct to Malaysia already, you'll have to purchase through their dealers here. if you try to inquire directly they'll probably refer you to RSOne. i was recently quoted by RSOne for a set of 6 pot calipers for my fairlady at RM 7K cash and carry.

RoseBrawn

Jul 9, 2009
thanks for all information.
Why so many ppl think Mini 6 pot is consider big brake?
It can fit in with 15" inch rims, is also small.
One of my friend like racing in track, he said mini 6 pot power is above
2 pot and below 4 pot. Not sure how true. So 3 pot strength should be fit my power.
Cheap and good :) ???

contreasjun27

9,000 RPM
Oct 21, 2004
subang
Visit site
mine was purchased directly from VTTR taiwan, i have lots of relatives there so they carried it back for me. the price was very good, around 4.8K converted back to RM if not mistaken. if you want them to ship direct to Malaysia is around RM 5.2K converted back to RM.

now VTTR will not ship direct to Malaysia already, you'll have to purchase through their dealers here. if you try to inquire directly they'll probably refer you to RSOne. i was recently quoted by RSOne for a set of 6 pot calipers for my fairlady at RM 7K cash and carry.
holy cow...msia is super expensive...dam they all..
hehe i love going to taiwan also...dam alot of things can buy for performance hehe...
VTTR is really a good brake bro...
but not suitable use for national car unless you are like running on like 4xx-5xx BHB...
if i got fairlady like you definately going to get this VTTR brakes

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
2 pot and below 4 pot. Not sure how true. So 3 pot strength should be fit my power.
Bro, there's no 3 pot.....

then you are down to 2 choices...4 pot big or 6 pot big....

changchewsoon

Known Member
Oct 10, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
www.viosturbo.com
don't think there's 3 pot available, mini 6 pot behaves more like a big 4 pot, however the performance will be slightly below big 4 pot.

reason is the pistons in the mini 6 pot are not all equal size and reason why its designed this way is for linear braking which is much more suitable for street usage. a typical big 4 pot will have equal sized pistons, which gives u a more direct braking and pedal feel.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Lotus Cars Australia released a special edition Exige Sport 240 to the Australians. The name 240 signifies the 240 horsepower based on the existing Lotus Exige.

The Sport 240 features an increase of 10bhp from its base engine and 11ft-lb of torque after fuel injector and ECU upgrades. The engine is a supercharged VVTL-i 16valve 1.8-litre, intercooled. 0-100km/h comes in at 4.2 seconds...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience