viper alarm

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
mi_scuzi said:
where to get EL?are EL suitable for any viper alarm? :biggrin:

any shops that sell viper alarms should have the EL. Check out the shop recommended by nicole in this same thread. Yes, EL is suitable for all viper alarms....

Mi_scuzi, I have the EL from my viper. Still new 'untouched'. Can sell lar if you want it.

but then, why the hell you want to 'advertise' to the possible car thief/breaker that you are using Viper alarms ? That would help them to narrow down their guessing when they want to 'hack' your alarm systems rite ?

by knowing which or what alarm systems/brand you using, is easier for them to use the necessary and respective 'tools / breakin methods' to defeat your alarm.

my 2 cents

yeah man...not a wise idea to advertise to the whole world you using viper alarm..dangerous... :eek:

nissane...mine is the 2 way system..hehe!! :rock:

B18C-R said:
Mi_scuzi, I have the EL from my viper. Still new 'untouched'. Can sell lar if you want it.

but then, why the hell you want to 'advertise' to the possible car thief/breaker that you are using Viper alarms ? That would help them to narrow down their guessing when they want to 'hack' your alarm systems rite ?

by knowing which or what alarm systems/brand you using, is easier for them to use the necessary and respective 'tools / breakin methods' to defeat your alarm.

my 2 cents

hmm.. actually i disagree, i believe we should advertise out that we have more canggih alarms than a standard proton. Car thieves are not computer hackers so car thieves dun like to take challenges. If u advertise, its telling car thieves that it ur car alarm is not standard and it is not easier to steal ur car, so they would choose other cars to steal. By advertising Viper, the car thieves would think "Gee, Viper got shock sensor and maybe also motion sensor, so even if i break the window, the car alarm would ring already. Hmm might as well choose another car"... For them it is quite easy, the longer it takes to steal ur car, the less appealing it is to steal it. So for me, i feel the EL acts as a deterrent. Eventhough the car thieves know it is Viper, so wat. No matter what alarm, their method is still the same. Break into the car, disconnect the battery (or siren), then pull out the alarm and then hot wire the car. Doesnt mean if Viper then must do this method, if Black Mamba then use another method ...

Just look at how majority of cars stolen are Proton. Why? Proton cars are so cheap compared to other brands. It's because Proton is easier to steal than Honda, Toyota etc.

B18C-R,
how much u offer the EL?

but now my viper a bit problem one,got any place to suggest to check?tread said that a viper alarm dealer located in PJ,anyone knows?

trex92 said:
hmm.. actually i disagree, i believe we should advertise out that we have more canggih alarms than a standard proton. Car thieves are not computer hackers so car thieves dun like to take challenges. If u advertise, its telling car thieves that it ur car alarm is not standard and it is not easier to steal ur car, so they would choose other cars to steal. By advertising Viper, the car thieves would think "Gee, Viper got shock sensor and maybe also motion sensor, so even if i break the window, the car alarm would ring already. Hmm might as well choose another car"... For them it is quite easy, the longer it takes to steal ur car, the less appealing it is to steal it. So for me, i feel the EL acts as a deterrent. Eventhough the car thieves know it is Viper, so wat. No matter what alarm, their method is still the same.

thats retarded. telling ppl what you have just makes it easier for the thieves to figure out how to disable or bypass it. they won't have to waste time figuring out what security system you're using which saves them plenty of time as they would know how your car alarm functions and how to bypass it (assuming if they are familiar with your alarm). congratulations, by telling ppl what have you made it easier for them to steal your car. kudos! cause every system has its strength and weaknesses..by telling them what you use they have already identified what weaknesses you have without the need to figure out what system you're using themselves.

a smart move would be to use a sticker of another alarm system. e.g. use Cobra stickers when you're really using Viper.. then THAT would confuse the bugger

Break into the car, disconnect the battery (or siren), then pull out the alarm and then hot wire the car. Doesnt mean if Viper then must do this method, if Black Mamba then use another method ...

heard of backup battery? unplugging the battery doesnt do squat. if all systems are equal, why Thatcham gives category rating for security systems? hot wire the car, what if the car has 3 point immobilizer? a electronic fuel pump cut off, a ignition cut off and a starter & ignition cut off? or a combination of the above? or better still, a wireless immobilizer module..no wires to cut.. the methods used depends on the alarm system, accessories added and quality of installation..

Just look at how majority of cars stolen are Proton. Why? Proton cars are so cheap compared to other brands. It's because Proton is easier to steal than Honda, Toyota etc.

true.

ixeo said:
thats retarded. telling ppl what you have just makes it easier for the thieves to figure out how to disable or bypass it. they won't have to waste time figuring out what security system you're using which saves them plenty of time as they would know how your car alarm functions and how to bypass it (assuming if they are familiar with your alarm). congratulations, by telling ppl what have you made it easier for them to steal your car. kudos! cause every system has its strength and weaknesses..by telling them what you use they have already identified what weaknesses you have without the need to figure out what system you're using themselves.

'cuse me, i dun appreciate that comment. There are always 2 sides to a coin, u have ur own view and i have my own. Either way, my point is that u need to advertise that u have an alarm that is non standard. Put urself in the shoes of a car thief for once. If u have a proton wira with a Viper alarm and another proton wira beside it that has got a standard alarm, of course the thief would steal the one with the standard alarm unless ur car is being targeted for a specific reason. Again i say, there is no difference in watever alarm u have, the first few steps to overcome it is still the same (ie. gain access to inside of the car, open bonnet, disable siren). Ur comment on strength and weaknesses sounds as though u think the car alarm as a computer and hacking....

ixeo said:
heard of backup battery? unplugging the battery doesnt do squat. if all systems are equal, why Thatcham gives category rating for security systems? hot wire the car, what if the car has 3 point immobilizer? a electronic fuel pump cut off, a ignition cut off and a starter & ignition cut off? or a combination of the above? or better still, a wireless immobilizer module..no wires to cut.. the methods used depends on the alarm system, accessories added and quality of installation..

dude, how many cars u know of has go backup batteries and/or sirens for the alarm...? Also, i did not say that all systems are equal, I just said no matter what alarm u have or with what ever immo system, these are the first steps to steal ur car, as i mentioned to disconnect the battery or the siren, that is to buy time to work on ur car without drawing the attention of other people...

Last edited:
trex92 said:
'cuse me, i dun appreciate that comment. There are always 2 sides to a coin, u have ur own view and i have my own. Either way, my point is that u need to advertise that u have an alarm that is non standard. Put urself in the shoes of a car thief for once. If u have a proton wira with a Viper alarm and another proton wira beside it that has got a standard alarm, of course the thief would steal the one with the standard alarm unless ur car is being targeted for a specific reason. Again i say, there is no difference in watever alarm u have, the first few steps to overcome it is still the same (ie. gain access to inside of the car, open bonnet, disable siren). Ur comment on strength and weaknesses sounds as though u think the car alarm as a computer and hacking....dude, how many cars u know of has go backup batteries and/or sirens for the alarm...? Also, i did not say that all systems are equal, I just said no matter what alarm u have or with what ever immo system, these are the first steps to steal ur car, as i mentioned to disconnect the battery or the siren, that is to buy time to work on ur car without drawing the attention of other people...
*with the exception of the mighty tow truck
no difference between alarm systems, but you did not say that all systems are equal. such contradiction. the way you twist your words are impressive.

you're not making sense. to steal a car, no matter what alarm they have, is obviously to get INSIDE the car. that doesn't make the alarms equal because they all share the same first step, that simply means the thief must GET IN THE CAR, else how would he steal it, that is totally unrelated to the alarm. open bonnet? the same alarm system can be mounted differently, on 1 car u can find the siren in the front, on another 1 u may not. how many cars have backup battery? well, those who have it are different, thus, my point again, alarms are not created equal. obviously, stealing a car requires the thief to get in the driver's seat..just because one have to either lockpick or slimjim the door doesnt make all the alarms the same.

immobilizers are not the same. with N.O, even if you disconnect the battery, take a hammer to the brain, you still cant drive the car away unless you hot wire the car..but if the N.O. is mounted near the starter the thief will be getting hell. i've shared enough, you should be paying the installer for all these infomation as its their trade secret.

at the end of the day, secure or not, an alarm system only contributes 20%, 80% depends on the installation.

Last edited:
A@ron said:
Hey Guys,

Viper Alarm voice module is going around RM350 - RM400 (i think include installation)...I check it in Sunway area the other day but havent bought it yet cause they say installation for certain cars can be difficult.

Anyone out there can recommend good place with cheaper price? :rock:
Viper Alarm voice got two models 1 is cheaper then the expensive 1 got girls voice with japanese!!!!! :biggrin:

ixeo said:
*with the exception of the mighty tow truck
no difference between alarm systems, but you did not say that all systems are equal. such contradiction. the way you twist your words are impressive.

first of all, i was not trying to twist my words as u say. I even bolded the "first few steps" hoping that you would not misunderstand, please read carefully, i said ways to overcome any alarms has the similiar steps and i did not say that all alarms are equal. That's because earlier u mentioned as though different car alarms, there are different ways to overcome it (car alarms and not immo). Good point also on the tow truck.

ixeo said:
you're not making sense. to steal a car, no matter what alarm they have, is obviously to get INSIDE the car. that doesn't make the alarms equal because they all share the same first step, that simply means the thief must GET IN THE CAR, else how would he steal it, that is totally unrelated to the alarm. open bonnet? the same alarm system can be mounted differently, on 1 car u can find the siren in the front, on another 1 u may not. how many cars have backup battery? well, those who have it are different, thus, my point again, alarms are not created equal. obviously, stealing a car requires the thief to get in the driver's seat..just because one have to either lockpick or slimjim the door doesnt make all the alarms the same.

immobilizers are not the same. with N.O, even if you disconnect the battery, take a hammer to the brain, you still cant drive the car away unless you hot wire the car..but if the N.O. is mounted near the starter the thief will be getting hell. i've shared enough, you should be paying the installer for all these infomation as its their trade secret.

at the end of the day, secure or not, an alarm system only contributes 20%, 80% depends on the installation.

As u already mentioned, immobilisers are diff. We are talking about car alarms and advertising ur car alarm. Would u not say that the car alarm has failed if the thief manages to gain entry into ur car and disable ur siren? Since this would mean that the thief can do whatever he wants in ur car already, and to overcome ur immobiliser if u have one, would just be a matter of time. I would say that once the thief gains entry into ur car, the car is already his. Alarm my friend without any add ons such as immobilisers etc, is a relatively simple gadget. I know, coz i wired my own Viper 791XV. And yes, u made a very valid point on the 80% depends on the installation which i deem u mean things such as hiding the wiring or making it look less obvious.

Hmmm.. i think that u r also not using a Proton and as a result, we see things differently. The purpose which i mentioned on advertising on a non standard alarm is becoz Proton is the easiest to steal and so most thieves target it. I am using a Proton, so to deter thieves from stealing my Proton i advertise my viper. If u r driving a luxury car say a BMW, things are different coz the thieves might specifically be targeting ur car, so would not change target even if got non standard alarm, hell if they target to get ur BMW, watever gadgets would not deter them coz they would just come with a gun and hijack ur car... Get my point i am trying to convey...?

Last point to make, i did say advertising on car alarms and not advertising ur immo rite? Well, I would be happy to meet u up on a TT session to further discuss on this and to further exchange knowledge on car alarms and immo. Just give me a PM. But do keep comments constructive and diplomatic.... ;)

brianchoon said:
Viper Alarm voice got two models 1 is cheaper then the expensive 1 got girls voice with japanese!!!!! :biggrin:

yes, viper voice got 2 models:-

1. 516 U - Universal model that only has a few type of programme voice outputs. Output only for armed, disarmed, warning.

2. 516 L - Featuring with Japanese chick voice (sounds quite hot!!). Multiple outputs for armed, disarmed, warning, remote start (says something like "valet start activated, please stand back, starting in 5..4..3..2...1" VROOM). Comes with a microphone so that custom warnings can be recorded and used. Can be used as a PA system.

Price diff between the 2 are quite big. I believe the 516L costs about RM1,000 whereas the 516U is only RM300...

trex92 said:
Alarm my friend without any add ons such as immobilisers etc, is a relatively simple gadget. I know, coz i wired my own Viper 791XV. And yes, u made a very valid point on the 80% depends on the installation which i deem u mean things such as hiding the wiring or making it look less obvious.

Hmmm.. i think that u r also not using a Proton and as a result, we see things differently. The purpose which i mentioned on advertising on a non standard alarm is becoz Proton is the easiest to steal and so most thieves target it. I am using a Proton, so to deter thieves from stealing my Proton i advertise my viper. If u r driving a luxury car say a BMW, things are different coz the thieves might specifically be targeting ur car, so would not change target even if got non standard alarm, hell if they target to get ur BMW, watever gadgets would not deter them coz they would just come with a gun and hijack ur car... Get my point i am trying to convey...?

Last point to make, i did say advertising on car alarms and not advertising ur immo rite? Well, I would be happy to meet u up on a TT session to further discuss on this and to further exchange knowledge on car alarms and immo. Just give me a PM. But do keep comments constructive and diplomatic.... ;)

the viper 791xv comes with a built in starter kill relay.. so yes..it does have an immo.. its attached to the yellow and orange of the harness in case you didn't know

true, i'm not using a Proton. i do not disagree with your point of infoming the would-be thief about the security preparations on the car, but i'm saying its smater to advertise another (different) high end alarm on your car instead of the real thing you're using. i don't know how skilled the local car thieves are. a TT is cool, where you located.

ixeo said:
the viper 791xv comes with a built in starter kill relay.. so yes..it does have an immo.. its attached to the yellow and orange of the harness in case you didn't know

true, i'm not using a Proton. i do not disagree with your point of infoming the would-be thief about the security preparations on the car, but i'm saying its smater to advertise another (different) high end alarm on your car instead of the real thing you're using. i don't know how skilled the local car thieves are. a TT is cool, where you located.

yeah, 791 comes with starter kill but cant call it a immobiliser. It is just using a simple built in relay to do that function. Very easy to overcome.

kekeke... prob is other high end alarms Viper, Clifford, Python and Cobra are all the same coz from same manufacturer ie Directed so the function and wirings are the same...

I'm located in Kepong, u?

Cobra isn't by DEI, its by Cobra Alarm in Germany. Clifford used to be an independant company but they got bought over by DEI, FYI i believe as of now none of the Clifford G5's original design team are in DEI. only the Clifford Matrix range is similar to that of the Viper & Python range. DEI still makes quality products, but in terms of security.. i believe the Clifford G5 is head and shoulders above DEI's range (referring to the suite of systems that is the same across DEI's brands).

im·mo·bi·lize Audio pronunciation of "immobilizer" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (-mb-lz)
tr.v. im·mo·bi·lized, im·mo·bi·liz·ing, im·mo·bi·liz·es

1. To render immobile.
2. To fix the position of (a joint or fractured limb), as with a splint or cast.
3. To impede movement or use of: Severe weather immobilized the rescue team.

starter kills are very simple, but still an immobilizer nevertheless. personally i think the 791xv is a very good alarm if the installation is done right, and best of all you can put in a blackjax to compliment it.

EDIT: btw im in Subang, i frequent Kepong during late nights to have prawn noodles or dim sum.. along the road near the church where the roundabout was..now replaced with traffic lights..

Last edited:
ixeo said:
Cobra isn't by DEI, its by Cobra Alarm in Germany. Clifford used to be an independant company but they got bought over by DEI, FYI i believe as of now none of the Clifford G5's original design team are in DEI. only the Clifford Matrix range is similar to that of the Viper & Python range. DEI still makes quality products, but in terms of security.. i believe the Clifford G5 is head and shoulders above DEI's range (referring to the suite of systems that is the same across DEI's brands).

starter kills are very simple, but still an immobilizer nevertheless. personally i think the 791xv is a very good alarm if the installation is done right, and best of all you can put in a blackjax to compliment it.

EDIT: btw im in Subang, i frequent Kepong during late nights to have prawn noodles or dim sum.. along the road near the church where the roundabout was..now replaced with traffic lights..

opss.. pardon me, i recalled wrongly on the cobra...

hmm, misunderstanding again... yes, starter kill for the 791 definitely falls under immobiliser too but i meant personally for me, i dun think of it as an immo coz its too simple and easy to overcome so it would be overstating expectations to call it an immo.

yeah, i know which roundabout and church u talking about. ;)

PM me if u wan to know viper price in klang area. Try asking other shop and i will see whether mine is cheaper or not

where can i find the Viper alarm? need to find a reliable installer for it also... :)
~all the posts here are couple of years ago...sifu's help me...

im also looking for Viper Alarm ... currently i know KKLAU @ PJ is selling it but darn expensive... coz they simply charge (i think)...

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom