Viper Alarms

ShallowRiver

Known Member
Oct 16, 2006
Viper Alarms Installers - Any recommendations?

Dudes,
Anyone know a good installer for Viper Alarms? :shocked:

Last edited:

zigg

Oct 22, 2006
Call this guy named Leong. Just had my VIPER 791XV installed. Very passionate and really know-how about his job. I know this coz I have asked him few tricky questions about security as a whole since I am working in the same stream as well but different industry... :regular_smile: ....Mainly he focus more on car security systems for the shop Top Speed Performance Sdn. Bhd. in Wangsa Melawati. Though it might be pricey if you bought from the shop he is working with than other car accessories shop near hulu kelang (I have compared with others which I can get 500-700 cheaper with installation - If bargain. My suggestion is to buy from another shop if possible and get him installed it for you as a freelancer (That shop kaki sembelih la...but what to do, I have great confidence on him).

Thinking of installing Gizmo (VIPER GSM security system) / CAPTOR if they reply to my email I sent today. Hopefully it is compatible with VIPER.

Leong.
016-6666961

ShallowRiver

Known Member
Oct 16, 2006
zigg,
i was thinking of installing a gsm security system too... does viper have one? would sure like to know more about the viper gsm system. heard the 2 way is not so ideal when one is parking too far.

zigg

Oct 22, 2006
According to Leong, Gizmo is made of the same company that came out with VIPER. It is just like a module I think for VIPER. Anyone can share the info, really appreciate this.

Aiyah this GSM/GPS thing oso pening. There are lots of them in the market i.e. TRAMIGO T21 (http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=81137) and there are some other than comes with the whole package i.e. together with their own immobilizer and alarm system. Yes it is cheap but I doubt the quality as what I heard from others brands do count in this arena.

I heard my brother in-law installed his car with a taiwan immobilizer + alarm system before but after 2 years the damn thing just jadi gila (cannot work properly).

One thing to take note about GIZMO though, Leong claimed that the trigering of alert is via SMS only but when I go shop around on another shop near Carrefour Wangsa Maju, he said that darn thing can oso trigger the user via call to your cellphone to alert you. Yet to confirm. Reason being I want call triggering instead of SMS is because my phone sux man, cannot use ring tone for SMS. If not sure loud one...Hhehehehe...if I am sleeping....you can be sure of waking me up.

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
corner shop behind 7-eleven??...
also do servicing one??

anyway, yes; there's a brand from Taiwan which can send u SMS once the car has been broken into. Forgot which name d. That time the introducing price was merely around RM1k plus....

JE offered. But we declined as our car not that porsche.......also quite sceptical during that time, still can't figure out how it actually works.

zigg

Oct 22, 2006
ShallowRiver,
2-way systems is limited by Radio Frequency (the more barrier the lesser signal you TX or RX. As for GSM the distance are by availability of the cellular provider. If I am not mistaken GIZMO now only supports 016 and 012 number only.

Even so, you are out of the range if lets say someone try to steal your car, VIPER will still protect you car and it can't be started until someone bypass the code/disarm it. It is just that when you out of range you won't be able to tell if yours is being hijacked or you won't be able to send a signal to your car to immobolize it manually. Compare with GMS systems which wide coverage in Malaysia mostly nowadays (hmm..maybe some car park inside building cannot lorr) can easily triggered those commands via SMS.

zigg

Oct 22, 2006
Boon,
ya lorr...you've been there is it? I think that shop charge too much la compare to others. I like to buy stuffs in SATO S/B. Near NZ Curry house. Today I went there, damn the guy opened up his price for the same VIPER model that I just bought 3 days ago RM 1800 (itu belum bargain lagi). Usually with SOTO I can sure drill down more...

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
nope. But got friend working there.
Even my friend commented that his boss usually charge high price. But heard that quality is there.
Firstly because they unlike normal accesory shop; they deal with cars too.....somemore performance. Unlike kedai abang.

ShallowRiver

Known Member
Oct 16, 2006
zigg...
i actually checked-out the gsm alarms system the other day... the owner will need to apply for an extra sim that will be installed into the system. i was told, that the alert is sent via sms and the owner can actually call into the system. you can either talk or just hear what's going in the car. the price that they quoted was 2500 + installation + remote start. they didn't mentioned the brand but gizmo is coming out from viper then i will give a go!

if you happen to know there are other options please let me know...

thanks a million!

zigg

Oct 22, 2006
zigg...
i actually checked-out the gsm alarms system the other day... the owner will need to apply for an extra sim that will be installed into the system. i was told, that the alert is sent via sms and the owner can actually call into the system. you can either talk or just hear what's going in the car. the price that they quoted was 2500 + installation + remote start. they didn't mentioned the brand but gizmo is coming out from viper then i will give a go!

if you happen to know there are other options please let me know...

thanks a million!

Thanks dude. I am still looking around for the best solution now. Thinking of getting a permanent lock for my hood as well.

About GIZMO, If I am not mistaken you can get it in SATO carrefour here in Hulu Kelang for RM 1800.