V-tec Vs Mivec

lengchai86

Feb 1, 2009
i just rmember last time my friend use mivec 1.6 black top engine, the sound near to vtec becoz i didn't hear the mivec sound before. maybe he use the proper piping...

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
i believe, however i could be wrong, dont shoot me... the crossover on a mivec will not be as loud as a vtec. well, just thru my personal experience at least..

deacon

Senior master debater
May 5, 2005
KL
Mivec engines give off a very smooth transition during crossover for reasons i explained earlier.

angeldeservetosleep

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2008
heaven
www.myteamcity.com
So there is possibility that the vtec u heard isn't stock cam...maybe already put hi cam gua.....
dat one i dnt know as the engine is straight from half cut. the engine smooth so jz chnage oil filter and timing belt after the conversion. btw, the car sold ed but still miss the my B16A big V engine... :sleep::sleep::sleep:

patru

Nov 15, 2004
louder cam crossover sound means 'shock' cam transition, subtler means smoother.
usually, this 'shocking' feeling tend to make the driver feel an extra psycho-horsies. :rolleyes:

Bump: louder cam crossover sound means 'shock' cam transition, subtler means smoother.
usually, this 'shocking' feeling tend to make the driver feel an extra psycho-horsies. :rolleyes:

vishnnu

500 RPM
Sep 29, 2008
the dude who started off this thread is not around,but y'all seem to be havin fun:biggrin:....fine,gonna throw few dumb questions to y'all.....sorry,tried searching for answers thru other threads but....there was just too much to read:banghead::banghead::banghead:.......driving a Waja here,was into ice b4,now plannin to do something about my Miss Daisy....it'a a freakin auto,plannin to swap the engine.....first thing that crossed my mind was the cost n which one to choose......it's either Mivec dohc,pumps what,175ps?? or Vtec B16a4(sirII)......i'm not sure whether it's legal or not to plant a vtec into proton....and car's for daily use,just want some xtra ooomph while travelling back n forth(Jb-KL)...so,how much would it cost me to get the car in running condition??would i need to scout around for a halfcut??what comes along with the halfcut other than the engine??hidden costs??guys,help out:driver::driver::driver:

vishnnu

500 RPM
Sep 29, 2008
blah le,don't la patah my semangat like dis:adore::adore::adore:........now only i dropped the urge to swap my car n go with the upgrade:smokin:.....

deacon

Senior master debater
May 5, 2005
KL
They say (according to Malaysian law) you are allowed to transplant an engine from another manufacturer only once during the course of the car's life. Not sure whether that is true or not.

Whatever it is, you are better off sticking with something Mitsubishi. You won't as much trouble transplanting in terms of finding the right mounts for the engine. I'd recommend going 4g93t, the Waja is a bit of a beast in terms of weight and size. A Mivec 1.6 might feel a bit sluggish and depending on the condition of the engine may or may not produce enough horsepower.

Generally Mivecs are known to produce anywhere from 130whp to 140whp. The latter only if you were born under a lucky star. This is mostly due to the length of time since the engine was first produced.

For Wajas i believe you can use a CK Mivec engine which will be much newer, and therefore will probably produce more power but that is based on the condition of the engine.

Likewise a CK 4g93t with a 4 speed tiptronic which would be great on long journeys.

angeldeservetosleep

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2008
heaven
www.myteamcity.com
4g93T FC good if u have good right foot~! :rolleyes::rolleyes:
vtec in waja? problem woh~! hahaha
mivec? wont satisfied for the money u labor~!

my conclusion = STOCK ENGINE IS THE BEST :sleep::sleep::sleep:

Bump: 4g93T FC good if u have good right foot~! :rolleyes::rolleyes:
vtec in waja? problem woh~! hahaha
mivec? wont satisfied for the money u labor~!

my conclusion = STOCK ENGINE IS THE BEST :sleep::sleep::sleep:

vishnnu

500 RPM
Sep 29, 2008
angel...u really deserve to sleep:banghead::banghead:stop demotivating me:adore::adore::adore:type r,in my dreams la bro....expensive la.....4g93t,that'll be turbo..right??no bro,not gonna get hooked up with a turbo engine....n/a's better.....but i read mives costs alot to upgrade compared to vtec due to lack of aftermarket parts....by the way,plan to stick to 1.6cc.....:driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey just wanna hear ppl comments on how to mount the changer below the seat coz currently mine is hanging below the seat and it keeps falling on the floor ..... stupid feller ..... dunnno how to put .... go put like dis
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience