Two SVT problems. One Major/One Minor

BudakSiol!

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
-
Dear members & sifus,

Just bought myself a corolla with silvertop engine. Am Happy with it BUT there are two problems.

Minor Problem - Idles is not stable. Sometimes it stays at 2000rpm or 1500rpm and sometimes as low as 500rpm. With or without aircond it's the same.

Major Problem - The old user of this car welded cranskhaft pulley! Can give me worse case scenario of what is wrong with it? Mechanic said might have to pull down the engine... Attached are photos for your diagnosis! Thank You in advance!

KHWONG

3,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2006
minor problem... can check the idle valve, throttle body c.. clean it. shud be ok the idling..

major problem..

WTF.. who the F##K is tat previous onwer mechanic... crazy ar.. welding it mati .. this make u no choice to turun the engine to fix it..

mayb also can buka the bottom engine n turun crankshaft only.. but if tukar crankshaft need to do many thing..

but u better dun fix it first until very last step.. then buka n overhauk lo.. hahahhaha

sad to hear tat..

et_box

500 RPM
Aug 27, 2006
crazy... wonder what was he thinking?

cybtech

Known Member
Feb 20, 2008
i think the crank shaft is the problem at the 1st place.... if not why the old mech weld it... maybe it loose and hv no other choice (other than change it) so they weld it.
my opinion, maybe your two problems are link. maybe the pulley maybe not stable (balancing like balancing tyre at tyre shop) and my skip/slip belt so your idling may smooth or rough....
=>this just an assumptions<= correct me if i'm wrong here

BudakSiol!

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
-
Thanks guys.

I hope this will be the only major problem to drop on me laaaa adoi. I have to turun the engine now since timing belt also can't be change! Real :thefinger:!

Naim

Known Member
May 10, 2006
bro..I think that minor problem from that the old owner welding that cranksyaf pulley..that cranksysf pulley have a rubber damper..after welding that rubber was bakar ..maybe after u clean your thottle body u can check timing with timing light...make sure reading marking angle 8-10

proton_jb

Aug 9, 2005
Johor Bahru
hi,

for your minor problem, first u can try to clean up the TB, i used to have that problem before, then i did clean the TB, the mechanic pull out the whole TB and clean it, put it back, do some tuning, and its ok ..
actually for SVT to have unnormal RPM was slightly normal .. sometime it goes up till 1.5 - 2K, then come to normal ... but for me, never drop to 500 rpm ...
may be u can also replace the timing belt if the provious owner not done it yet ...
just my two cents ..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello everyone Happy New Year ! I am planning to swap 4G93T Manual in my Wira Aeroback 2000 Model. Currently my car is 1300CC. I haven't done any swaps before in Malaysia. Can anyone tell me the estimated cost of total swap ? Cost should include Engine, Labor, Change of Parts, JPJ and Puspakom etc. Will anyshop over here will trade in my stock engine ? Most importantly I'm in Kuala Lumpur.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience