Turbo engines with NGV?

ary4145

May 31, 2006
Hi guys.. ben quite some times neva drop by zth...
Got some silly questions that i need help on

Can i install a NGV to an Evo 3 engine? If can arr is there any problems that can contribute to my turbo?

What will happen f i change my Exaust system (muffler) to standard Perdana type

Hope can get some info from u guys since all of ya are all nice nice wan..

nokia

Known Member
Dec 26, 2006
just my 2 cents,

U install turbo just bcoz it have more power. But then u go add on NGV just for FC, what is the point in 1st step ? More power = more fuel.

i will suggest u use that NGV installation money to buy a cheap vehicle to run (like Kancil) and keep your Evo 3 engine alone for fun.

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
just my 2 cents,

U install turbo just bcoz it have more power. But then u go add on NGV just for FC, what is the point in 1st step ? More power = more fuel.

i will suggest u use that NGV installation money to buy a cheap vehicle to run (like Kancil) and keep your Evo 3 engine alone for fun.
yeap.
or else just plug in a smaller turbo and lean out the AFR to save fuel.

ken12292703

Drives a shopping cart...
Nov 14, 2003
SoMeWhErE
Hi guys.. ben quite some times neva drop by zth...
Got some silly questions that i need help on

Can i install a NGV to an Evo 3 engine? If can arr is there any problems that can contribute to my turbo?

What will happen f i change my Exaust system (muffler) to standard Perdana type

Hope can get some info from u guys since all of ya are all nice nice wan..

You will be able to switch from NGV to PETROL and vice versa easily with a flick of a switch. BOOST use petrol, OFF BOOST use natural gas is it possible?:listen:

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
E3 use sequential type ngv, fully auto kit.

sequential type comes wit an ECU, it tapped to ur car ECU to get signals...so all the timings is based one ur car ecu..so it is very cun.

but power loss is 5%-10%depends.....

my fren perdana twinturbo is using, smoke ppl tat time wit NGV....if really wan race then only switch to petrol....saves alot. roadtax cheaper 25% oso

nokia

Known Member
Dec 26, 2006
i have to check with Thailand HKS distributer. Japan not selling it.

bujang_hensem

Known Member
Jan 26, 2004
heat is the worst enemy for NGV conversion since NGV burning temp will be around 600 Celcius. vs petrol 400 Celcius..even petrol easy to reach 900deg when boosting so long term maybe if like to boosting alot the valve and exzos manifol and turbine could crack. I'm thinking as well to put in ngv to my 4G63t but maybe will cancel my booking due to heat issue and hard to fine good tuner...FYI most of the NGV injector only can support up to 50HP ..so 50x4 = 200hp max...if 6 piston no problem since 6x50=300hp...

so injector up to max also problem for turbo car unless your car <200hp...

gtauto

Apr 6, 2007
Guys do you know that NGV has 130 octane? Which means to say if you tuned it right on a turbocharged engine, it will give you more power than petrol. You can even boost higher because its 130 octane. It will be like using racing fuel.:burnout:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys
any idea where to find 3M car care products in Klang Valley area? ive been looking at ikano, one utama, pj area but to no avail.

specifically, im looking for this item

3M™ Hand Applied Glazes & Polishes

Hand applied glaze products used for final finishing, swirl mark removal, or cleaning minor imperfections in the paint finish.

My cousin gave the last portion to me and it is very good on my car, much more...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience